The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
May 31, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #2,266 of 2,621
It’s shelf liner and 2 plies of toilet paper in front of the driver to tame the highs as Evshrug stated.
In case anybody is interested, here are my newbie measurements of my HD560S modded compared to stock, using MiniDSP EARS and HEQ compensation. Average of 5 measurements for the left and right channels:
57A011F1-8608-4668-9FBB-EE2CA2E7CA66.png

Materials used for mod:
1BAFF2B9-77F5-4743-99FA-1E58A53FEE00.jpeg

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #2,268 of 2,621
I have to ask, have you nodded your K501, DT 250, MA900, and HD 800 too?

Definitely looks like you have a lot of practice!
I have modded my DT250, using the popular connector seal mod and also added bluetac inside the cup by the connector area to further decrease channel imbalance. I haven’t really experimented with the K501 and HD800, but will since those are fatiguing for me but sound great at the same time. I think the MA900 is okay as is so haven’t done anything to that yet.

My modding skills are limited to damping methods, since I don’t have an extensive knowledge/background on electronics and physics to construct electronic passive filters and the like. I mod mostly by ear using my HD580 as reference.

Modding keeps the headphone hobby fun and interesting for me :p

Jun 3, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #2,269 of 2,621
It’s cool that you have an evolving relationship with your headphones, and the confidence to try things! I’ve tried dampening, baffles, and of course pads; it’s all very educational, but it requires dedication and patience to mod. I tend to pick up many different projects and not stick to one (right now it’s cooking and exploring spatial audio), therefore I’m impressed with your headphone modding practice!

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #2,273 of 2,621
hi guys i am not a an audiophile but I wanna buy the hd 560s my main usage gonna be games then moves then music . I wanna thing have good soundstage and imagining besides no harsh treble cuz my ears are sensitive . my current cans is superlux hd 681 it have a harsh treble but the quality of it isn't bad it is actually good some guys recommended me hyper x cloud 2 .my friend have one i tried it but to be honest at least in my opinion the 681 have better sound quality and voices are more separated and it have better sound stage .the problem is some guys said that the difference between hyper x cloud 2 and the Sennheiser hd 560s isn't that big but the price is big specially in my country 560s is about 3x expensive . I want some thing when I use I feel I had a big step up in sound .btw no way to buy external amp or dac at least for now .I am using SoundBlaster z for now . so any real neutral experience or recommendation will be appreciated .thx in advance

Jun 19, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #2,274 of 2,621
Could you maker a photo or something to show how it's done? I can't find any info on this. I wonder if it is swappable like it is on the HD 660S.
Hi, I just confirmed, it is simply glued on. It’s totally possible to just pull off and glue a new one on, but you shouldn’t have to do that for many years (and the headphone hasn’t even been out for a year yet). I’m still using my original headband padding from my 2017 PC37X, and I used that headphone almost every day for gaming, conference calls, and some light dubbing, LOTS of use!

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #2,275 of 2,621
hi guys i am not a an audiophile but I wanna buy the hd 560s my main usage gonna be games then moves then music . I wanna thing have good soundstage and imagining besides no harsh treble cuz my ears are sensitive . my current cans is superlux hd 681 it have a harsh treble but the quality of it isn't bad it is actually good some guys recommended me hyper x cloud 2 .my friend have one i tried it but to be honest at least in my opinion the 681 have better sound quality and voices are more separated and it have better sound stage .the problem is some guys said that the difference between hyper x cloud 2 and the Sennheiser hd 560s isn't that big but the price is big specially in my country 560s is about 3x expensive . I want some thing when I use I feel I had a big step up in sound .btw no way to buy external amp or dac at least for now .I am using SoundBlaster z for now . so any real neutral experience or recommendation will be appreciated .thx in advance
It's a very good headphone but if you're not an audiophile don't worry about spending 3x the money for it. Any headphone will do. Headphones aren't as important for gaming as people think. Professional gamers use iem's which have zero soundstage so what does that tell you?

https://gethypedsports.com/why-pro-esports-gamers-wear-two-headphones/

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #2,276 of 2,621
It's a very good headphone but if you're not an audiophile don't worry about spending 3x the money for it. Any headphone will do. Headphones aren't as important for gaming as people think. Professional gamers use iem's which have zero soundstage so what does that tell you?

https://gethypedsports.com/why-pro-esports-gamers-wear-two-headphones/
Thx for the replay . But iam not an audiophile nor a oro gamer too but i appreciate good quality sound and i like wide soundstage .so in short is this headphone worth its price comparing to cheap one or gaming headset

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #2,277 of 2,621
Thx for the replay . But iam not an audiophile nor a oro gamer too but i appreciate good quality sound and i like wide soundstage .so in short is this headphone worth its price comparing to cheap one or gaming headset
Yes, it's definitely a sound upgrade. The sound is wonderful. But whether it's worth the price is subjective and different for everybody. I paid the full retail price for it and I without a doubt think it's worth it.

Jun 24, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #2,278 of 2,621
Yes, it's definitely a sound upgrade. The sound is wonderful. But whether it's worth the price is subjective and different for everybody. I paid the full retail price for it and I without a doubt think it's worth it.
Thx again . I think iam gonna buy it . It gonna be my first experience with audiophile entry level headphones

Jun 24, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #2,280 of 2,621
After several months with the 560s, I'm still in love with it. I really consider it to be on the level of the 6 series rather than the 5 series, it just outclasses every other 5 series I've heard by a fairly large margin (569, 598, 598cs, 599 and similar drop variants in pc37x and pc38x). Having recently gotten the 660s, I do feel like the 560s retains a lot of the sonic character of the 660s in a lightweight package with wider soundstage. Pretty amazing.

One thing that still bothers me though is the plastic headband. I really wish they went with the leather wrapped headband of the 598 & 599. It just gives a more premium feel, and plastic on the 560s headband is super prone to scratching and scuffing. I now have a ton of micro scratches on the top headband despite the fact that I baby my headphones. I really think the 560s with the leather headband of the 599 would be pretty close to the perfect headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back