"The New" Fiio X3 with USB DAC
Sep 23, 2013 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 147

kkrbd

New Head-Fier
Hi!,Guys!
I'm a Chinese college student,I only speak a little English.But I will give you a good news with my little English.

At 22,Fiio says X3 will with USB DAC,Today I had the opportunity to participate in beta testing on my laptop with windows 8 etp.
Fiio give us a new firmware with DAC mode and a drive.But Mac users do not need to drive.
I spent the whole afternoon with my laptop and X3,also ATH-M50.Now,they work very well.
I have no permissions to upload my Image,but soon after you can do the same with your own X3.

Are you expecting that?

Sep 28, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #3 of 147
just thought that maybe i could just use the e17 usb dac and a coaxial line out and into the coaxial input of the x3 bypassing the broken e17 headphone port!

edit: no coax output on e17, derp

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #9 of 147
Woah, hope this is true and not just..
Well, that'd be sooo cool! No need for my e17 then..

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #10 of 147
I was wondering... how is the X3 for car stereo using the AUX input ?? I specifically mean for 42bit/96khz FLAC files playing.

I've read that after a CD car stereo player, AUX brings the cleanest signal but the problem often is the external source is not good enough for the speakers.

how is the X3 regarding this issue?

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #11 of 147
  I was wondering... how is the X3 for car stereo using the AUX input ?? I specifically mean for 42bit/96khz FLAC files playing.

I've read that after a CD car stereo player, AUX brings the cleanest signal but the problem often is the external source is not good enough for the speakers.

I am a faithful X3 fans... but my experience with line out from X3 to home hifi system tells me that the SQ is not stellar after amplified...
there will some slight distortions...

others can chime in....

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #13 of 147
  I am a faithful X3 fans... but my experience with line out from X3 to home hifi system tells me that the SQ is not stellar after amplified...
there will some slight distortions...

others can chime in....

some users connect the LO to their audio device and have problem about the distortion, it is because the lo level of X3 is about 1.7v, and the amps just can't handled high level signal input.

maybe we should decrease the output level of the LO to 1.5V ( the LO level of iPod is 0.8V and the standard output level of most CD is 2.0V )

BTW, some of our customers are helping us test the firmware and the new firmware should  be released on 15th, Oct.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #14 of 147
^Nice, this is the real deal. Great job!!
Quote:

Anyway, the line-out doesn't seem to measure as well as for example the dx50 does btw..

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #15 of 147

some users connect the LO to their audio device and have problem about the distortion, it is because the lo level of X3 is about 1.7v, and the amps just can't handled high level signal input.

maybe we should decrease the output level of the LO to 1.5V ( the LO level of iPod is 0.8V and the standard output level of most CD is 2.0V )

BTW, some of our customers are helping us test the firmware and the new firmware should  be released on 15th, Oct.

Thanks for the info, James. Looking forward to the new firmware!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back