The new Cowon J3 has micro sdhc slot (from audible pdf)
Mar 30, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #31 of 65
ive always wanted a player with a dictionary!!!

not

looks good, hope its more durable than the D2+, mines still busted, touch screen died last year after a few months, havent had a chance to get it fixed yet
frown.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:58 AM Post #32 of 65
I love Cowon (currently have the D2 and have had it for years) but I wish for something of truly high-capacity. I would gladly pay for a new player if Cowon started playing in the realm of the hi-cap iPods and such. Lossless audio takes up some room. Maybe SDXC will be the answer...

Love the all-metal though, especially after the rather plastic-y D2+. This looks very sleek.

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #33 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by GooWiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the "64" that you see in the text refers the 64 hours of audio playback, not a 64GB max capacity.

If you go to cowon.co.kr (which will forward you to cowon.com instead of cowonglobal.com) and click on overview for the J3, you can see about 2/3 way down that it shows support for up to 16GB.

Still, it may be able to support 32GB and they just didn't put it on there since there hasn't been a 32GB microSDHC card until very recently. Plus the SDHC format goes upto 32GB so I don't see why the play would only support up to 16GB and not 32GB.

I'm just hoping they'll include a 64GB model down the road since it looks like the Ipod and ZuneHD are coming out with one soon.

Hi GooWiz,

I was hoping someone "wouldn't" say that...

However even if they only support the 16GB cards, and max out at a 16GB model you then get 32GB total. Not terrible. If they release a higher capacity model, bonus!

If the card reader supports the 32GB then you're guaranteed the 48GB if you can afford the cards ($200 intial retail... ouch) cited here: sandisk 32GB microSDHC Web Exclusive...

Still very nice and on par with the "contenders" atm. I wont mention any. This thread is about the COWON J3.

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #34 of 65
im going to wait for the 32GB one, hopfully it will the player that retires my D2, something my S9 has failed to do,

any word on if it carries a standart plug or that weird cowon plug the S9 has ?

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #35 of 65
i just want to know when!!

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #36 of 65
The official page states a 32gb model, so that's 48gb max.

Re. The usb cable, the reason for that was quality of tv out - since the J3 has Tv out I imagine it will use the same or a similar cable.

I definitely want one of these, re. Durability - my old d2 never had any problems and my s9 screen is still without a scratch. So not too bad. That said the first s9 i had headphone jack came off the board with a heavy 1/4" jack converter. Have been very careful with the new jack and its gone over a year no probs.

Mar 30, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #39 of 65
I love Cowon and Sansa, musically they are equals - sansa has the best flat sound, cowon has bbe, m3b and viva - I can't honestly say one is better than the other. But Cowons are more - for video an Amoled screen has to be seen to be beleived, uci is great fun and obviously capacity greater and extras like text viewer, paint programmes and so on can help along a long train journey nicely.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #40 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any word on if it carries a standart plug or that weird cowon plug the S9 has ?

I think it will have the "Cowon plug" cos it cares for the good quality TV-out as well...
EDIT - Sorry there was an answer for that I did not noticed

If it'll have better SQ than the S9, I'll go for it! (the other facelift things just dont really make sense for me)

Apr 2, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #41 of 65
Cowon J3 is a very nice upgrade to S9 with the Micro Sd slot.I hopre there will be a 32Gb DAB version for us in UK.We don't know if they share the same Gorilla glass.Let's wait for a review first and then we can see.Anyway very happy with Cowon products allways.

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #42 of 65
Its now out on ebay for $320. Waiting for reviews~

Apr 5, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #43 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by justanut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its now out on ebay for $320. Waiting for reviews~

Holy crap, I just looked this up.

$350 including shipping. I guess I really expected such a steep price, but I suppose I was hoping as well.

Apr 5, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #44 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by pr3c1pit0us /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy crap, I just looked this up.

$350 including shipping. I guess I really expected such a steep price, but I suppose I was hoping as well.

Early adopters always pay the price...in more ways than one. Wait a bit and the price will fall. In the meantime if anyone is antys, I'd say, get a good, cheap Sansa and spend the $$$ on a good set of headphones.

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #45 of 65
True. I paid like 500 bucks for my gen 1 touch. Well, i'm looking for a nice dap with good clean headphone outs, eq control and capacity for my lossless files to complement my ipod. The J3 fits the bill but really a tad too expensive at the moment. Hoping for a couple of reviews that would help me decide either way lol..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back