The new Cowon J3 has micro sdhc slot (from audible pdf)
Mar 27, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #17 of 65
Wow, now the s:flo2 and hifiman are going to take over this thread as well,......great.

Mar 28, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #19 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicagojammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We can talk about Megan Fox if you'd like, shes pretty hot, but cant act her way out of a paper bag...but i dont care, haha

Heh, I feel the love. Besides, she's a better thread derailment than the other things mentioned.

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #20 of 65
Well, I think the J3 cannot be compared to the s:flo. But you can compare it to IPod touch, Zune HD, sony X or the Smsung P3,... those players, which have a touchscreen and wifi and all those fancy UI stuff.

I expect the J3 to sound 10% better than my D2+, but this is just a belly feeling.

Mar 29, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #22 of 65
Quote:

Cowon J3 AMOLED PMP gets official
By Chris Davies on Monday, Mar 29th 2010 No Comments

Worth Reading?
NoYes

Cowon’s reputation for strong audio performance and well-constructed PMPs has left us eagerly anticipating the company’s new J3 mediaplayer, and while we’ve still to listen to the end result, from a style point of view the J3 certainly packs a punch. Fresh to Cowon’s site, the J3 has a 3.3-inch 16m color AMOLED touchscreen, Bluetooth 2.0 (with A2DP support), T-DMB and a TV-out connection, together with a microSD card slot and their own JetEffect 3.0 and BBE+ DSP.

cowon j3 pmp 2 540x422

While control is predominantly via the touchscreen, Cowon have also added a few useful hardware buttons for some frequently-accessed features. Fast forward/rewind and volume all get physical controls, but Cowon’s GUI also looks pretty darn neat (if a little bit like an amalgam of LG’s S-Class UI, the iPod touch and Windows Phone 7).

Other specs include an accelerometer, FM radio, voice recorder and Flash player, together with a dictionary and a battery good for up to 64hrs of audio playback or 11hrs of video. The whole thing measures a waifish 106.5 x 56 x 9.9 mm and tips the scales at 76g; it’ll be available in both black and white. No word on when we can expect it in the US or Europe following the South Korean launch at the end of this month.

cowon-j3.jpg

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #24 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayito-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take note: The J3 seems to have no tactile controls. You have to, much like the iPod Touch, unlock the screen to pause.

Wrong, read the specs:
overview_01.jpg

spec_03.jpg

If I'm correct, it also goes to 32gb, and it can use a max 32gb microSD card. Win-Win then,..................

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #27 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong, read the specs:
overview_01.jpg

spec_03.jpg

If I'm correct, it also goes to 32gb, and it can use a max 32gb microSD card. Win-Win then,..................

In the specs i see a "32GB*" mentioned, and then there are some Korean ideograms with "64" next to it.

If that adds up to a "total of 64GB" then nywytboy68 is correct, and this DOES support a maximum of 32GB internal, and 32GB via slot then...

THIS WILL BE ONE NICE COWON!

As for "Will it sound better than my D2/+?" I certainly hope they did a good job, and it does...

...I for one am curious as to which DAC they selected for this device.

Also, as it's supposed to be the same pixel size as the S9 I'm wondering if you'll be able to use the Same UCI's...

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #28 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the specs i see a "32GB*" mentioned, and then there are some Korean ideograms with "64" next to it.

If that adds up to a "total of 64GB" then nywytboy68 is correct, and this DOES support a maximum of 32GB internal, and 32GB via slot then...

THIS WILL BE ONE NICE COWON!

As for "Will it sound better than my D2/+?" I certainly hope they did a good job, and it does...

...I for one am curious as to which DAC they selected for this device.

Also, as it's supposed to be the same pixel size as the S9 I'm wondering if you'll be able to use the Same UCI's...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the "64" that you see in the text refers the 64 hours of audio playback, not a 64GB max capacity.

If you go to cowon.co.kr (which will forward you to cowon.com instead of cowonglobal.com) and click on overview for the J3, you can see about 2/3 way down that it shows support for up to 16GB.

Still, it may be able to support 32GB and they just didn't put it on there since there hasn't been a 32GB microSDHC card until very recently. Plus the SDHC format goes upto 32GB so I don't see why the play would only support up to 16GB and not 32GB.

I'm just hoping they'll include a 64GB model down the road since it looks like the Ipod and ZuneHD are coming out with one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back