The New Brainwavz S3 “Silver Bullet” Earphones with Clearwavz Remote & Microphone
Nov 14, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #304 of 316
Review of the S3 posted - and thanks again to Pandora and Prithvi for the opportunity

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-s3/reviews/14511

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #305 of 316
I would finish off the review with pictures - but no, my college's internet is too slow to upload them 
mad.gif
 Pictures are what, like 2 MB? I should honestly look into starting a protest about my school's internet, it's getting a bit ridiculous already. Apologies for the delay, I should be able to finalize the review when I escape school on Friday.

And they say Australia's internet is bad... 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #306 of 316
  I would finish off the review with pictures - but no, my college's internet is too slow to upload them 
mad.gif
 Pictures are what, like 2 MB? I should honestly look into starting a protest about my school's internet, it's getting a bit ridiculous already. Apologies for the delay, I should be able to finalize the review when I escape school on Friday.

biggrin.gif

XD just resize them to 1280x720 or something. IME it shaved off a 3MB file into a 300 KB file.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #307 of 316
These earphones might be the closest to sounding neutral of any of the Brainwavz earphones I own and I have all the other S-series IEMs from Brainwavz. I was hoping they would be a little warmer sounding but maybe I just need to listen to them for awhile before I decide if they are for me or not. right now I think they are ok but they would not be my first choice when looking through my collection of IEMs. The best thing about them is the long nozzle which really helps give me nice secure fit with whatever tips I've tried so far.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #308 of 316
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

It is!
I have family in the Subs of Melbourne.
Compared to Hong Kong and Europe it's really A.P.I.T.A
blink.gif

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #310 of 316
  Well, for what I've read, it seems to be a controversial model but, finally, couldn't resist the BF offer for 25$. I really like some sort of mid-centric, with not overpowered bass, sound signature, and will give them a try. First contact with Brainwavz.

S3 is not really mid-centric but IMO at $25 it is a heck of a deal.

Nov 29, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #311 of 316
  S3 is not really mid-centric but IMO at $25 it is a heck of a deal.

Well, we'll see. That's what I said, seems that everyone has a different opinion, because for you it's not mid-centric, for others it is, even someone says that differences in sound could be consequence of a QC issue. Anyway, really interested in seeing how they perform compared to VSD3S, VSD5, Carbo Tenore and FA Heaven II (my current IEM stuff, along with different KZ models)

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #312 of 316
as many have inquired and referenced the Jives in preveious post, i figured i would post my review of the jives here for a point of reference.

the s3s are closer towards the jives > the rest of the s-series i would say 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-jive/reviews/14691

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back