The New $780 Rein Audio X-DAC (Review Coming Soon)
Jan 5, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #17 of 137
A very positive review. I would like it to be a bit more precise, but judging by this review I added it to my shortlist comprising DAC1000, Atoll DAC100, Metrum Octave, Yulong D18, Anedio D1 and now X-DAC.

For now problem with DAC1000 is that there is only one person who provided some information after buying it, but not too much. 

Anedio is not available and quite expensive.

Yulong will be removed due to not being neutral. 

That leaves me with DAC-1000, Octave, Atoll and X-DAC. My search continues :wink:

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #18 of 137

Quote:
A very positive review. I would like it to be a bit more precise, but judging by this review I added it to my shortlist comprising DAC1000, Atoll DAC100, Metrum Octave, Yulong D18, Anedio D1 and now X-DAC.

For now problem with DAC1000 is that there is only one person who provided some information after buying it, but not too much. 

Anedio is not available and quite expensive.

Yulong will be removed due to not being neutral. 

That leaves me with DAC-1000, Octave, Atoll and X-DAC. My search continues :wink:

you should consider the lite dac83 as well.. then what about the db audio labs tranquility? I've heard it a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed.

Jan 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #19 of 137

Quote:
you should consider the lite dac83 as well.. then what about the db audio labs tranquility? I've heard it a few weeks ago and was pretty impressed.

It is a very good DAC indeed. The problem is, it is quite big and I have shelves that are not that big and I am afraid it would not fir in. I really like its separate PSU. 

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #20 of 137
do you need an usb input?

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #22 of 137
subscribed
popcorn.gif

look forward to seeing more impressions on this one, looks like it might tick a lot of boxes for my DAC search

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #23 of 137

Quote:
subscribed
popcorn.gif

look forward to seeing more impressions on this one, looks like it might tick a lot of boxes for my DAC search

Mine should be here soon....

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #24 of 137
Mine is also on it's way! Can't wait to test it. Will write out a full review/impressions, and possibly compare it with a few other DAC's too.

I do love Mike's work at Headfonia, but found his X-DAC review to be a bit less comprehensive than his other reviews. Which is a shame, as I really wanted a more in-depth account of what sounds like a fantastic DAC. I'll try my best to elaborate on and detail my opinions of the X-DAC once it's in my hands and properly tested. Might even be able to try out some of Rein Audio's superlatively fancy looking cabling too, but not sure about that bit yet.

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #25 of 137

Quote:
Mine is also on it's way! Can't wait to test it. Will write out a full review/impressions, and possibly compare it with a few other DAC's too.

I do love Mike's work at Headfonia, but found his X-DAC review to be a bit less comprehensive than his other reviews. Which is a shame, as I really wanted a more in-depth account of what sounds like a fantastic DAC. I'll try my best to elaborate on and detail my opinions of the X-DAC once it's in my hands and properly tested. Might even be able to try out some of Rein Audio's superlatively fancy looking cabling too, but not sure about that bit yet.

That's cause it wasn't Mike who did the review ;D

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #27 of 137

Quote:
Whoops! Well, that makes sense then! We need to get Mike on it Lol. One of his super (this time DAC) comparisons, including the Bifrost and a few of the other new kids on the block!

I think the other reviewer over at Headfonia reviewed the X-DAC just as good as Mike did. Also, I have the Bifrost coming as well as a lot of the new DACs coming out. I'll have a few comparisons up soon. 
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #28 of 137

Quote:
I think the other reviewer over at Headfonia reviewed the X-DAC just as good as Mike did. Also, I have the Bifrost coming as well as a lot of the new DACs coming out. I'll have a few comparisons up soon. 
wink.gif

X-DAC vs. Lite Dac-83? That would be a boss-move IMHO 
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #30 of 137

Quote:
Even though DAC-83 is a bit oldish, I do not think X-DAC is made to compete with offerings like that.

Yeah. Well, I can't do anything with the X-DAC right now. The box didn't come with a power cord at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back