The New $780 Rein Audio X-DAC (Review Coming Soon)
May 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #136 of 137
I just took delivery of my X-DAC,not to happy.Its has a distinct humming noise from the casing and also something rattling inside.I contacted Rein audio,there communication is good,but service not so good.I was told I can return it for a new one at my expense for shipping to Hong Kong.By boat(6 weeks)is $54 and by air(4 day service)is $104.I did not want to wait over 2 months to get my new DAC,so I forked out the $104.I opened the top of the case to peek inside and the coil on the power supply is loose causing the rattle and hum.The fellow from Rein admitted that it there fault,but told me I still have to pay the shipping and also warned me that if the new one is also faulty I am out of luck,no more returns after the first one!!!! I asked for my money back,but of course this goes against there policy.NOT GOOD
mad.gif

May 5, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #137 of 137
To be fair as a follow up,Rein Audio has agreed to pay for the shipping costs both ways.If the new DAC arrives in good working order I can't complain,errors happen and in this case they were in the end handled fairly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back