The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone surround sound)
Oct 25, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #3,961 of 4,136
Of course people are buying the gsx for the surround and not for its musical qualities. Equalizer apo looks nice on paper but it's a lagfest when it comes to latency.

HeSuVi is latency free (0ms)

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #3,963 of 4,136
Riiiiight.

5uguph.jpg

Nov 30, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #3,964 of 4,136
What are the correct settings for using Dolby Headphone on a headphone setup on MPC HC/BE + LAV filters? Sound card is Xonar DGX, headphones (Sennheiser 380 Pro) plugged into headphone jack. The source will be 5.1, 7.1.

In windows (10 x64) I set up the speakers as 5.1. I select 6 channels in the sound card, and headphone for analog out.

In the LAV Audio Decoder Properties - Status I can see the bars for 6/8 channels in the Input and Output going up and down (during playback).
The mixers in MPC HC (Internal Filters > Audio Renderer) and LAV are deactivated.
Ignore system channel mixer ticked on. Not using WASAPI. Using Reclock.

Are the other options for virtualization (Sonic, HeSuVi) better than Dolby Headphone?

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #3,965 of 4,136
What are the correct settings for using Dolby Headphone on a headphone setup on MPC HC/BE + LAV filters? Sound card is Xonar DGX, headphones (Sennheiser 380 Pro) plugged into headphone jack. The source will be 5.1, 7.1.

In windows (10 x64) I set up the speakers as 5.1. I select 6 channels in the sound card, and headphone for analog out.

In the LAV Audio Decoder Properties - Status I can see the bars for 6/8 channels in the Input and Output going up and down (during playback).
The mixers in MPC HC (Internal Filters > Audio Renderer) and LAV are deactivated.
Ignore system channel mixer ticked on. Not using WASAPI. Using Reclock.

Are the other options for virtualization (Sonic, HeSuVi) better than Dolby Headphone?

When you are using dolby headphone, just treat the software like as if you had surround sound speakers. I've been using 8 channels in the sound card, with dolby headphone dh2 recently, that was pretty good.

Apr 27, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #3,969 of 4,136
I've used CMSS 3D for a long time but I found HeSuVi sounds better with "OpenAL soft HRTF" natural and pinpoints without compromising the audio quality

I see that you have tested quite a few HeSuVi modes.

Have you found out the one that in your opinion is the best in front-back localization? The OpenAL is lacking in this regard for me personally (on my setup with TR-X00 headphones).

Thanks!

Apr 27, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #3,970 of 4,136
I see that you have tested quite a few HeSuVi modes.

Have you found out the one that in your opinion is the best in front-back localization? The OpenAL is lacking in this regard for me personally (on my setup with TR-X00 headphones).

Thanks!

As a preference I like a slight difference between the rear cues, you cand find your sweet spot for Front-back localization playing adjustment Speaker Position and volume adjustment and try others HRIR if you want.
Example overloaded
9vGfmGW.jpg

Apr 27, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #3,971 of 4,136
Beware of clipping OoOoOOoo

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #3,972 of 4,136
G'day, just looking for an update from people in the know

I have had a Soundblaster Titanium HD into a O2 Amp
I now use a Sennheiser GSX 1000 into a O2 Amp

Anything better in terms of sound devices now?

Cheers

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #3,973 of 4,136
Anything better in terms of sound devices now?

The Audeze Mobius has replaced the GSX for me for most things.

Creative X7 is my main desktop setup, Mobius when at other machines/laptop/bedroom
GSX when I want to use other cans at those times.

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #3,974 of 4,136
Too funny!

After looking around last night after you comments, I installed the HeSuVi software for a muck around and found that I liked the SBX and CMSS better than my GSX. So come today, I grabbed out my old SB Titanium HD and reinstalled it, running it then into the O2 Amp and it is cleaner that the GSX through the O2, at least that's how it feels to my ears.

Other thing I learnt was there is a SB-X AE9 apparently nearly out, might be good too.

Think the GSX 1000 is going up for sale and the AKG 712's

Jun 15, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #3,975 of 4,136
For me the GSX gives the best virtual surround effect than any of the other (except the Mobius) solutions I've tried

Most give me 100% OK rear effects, but do very poorly for frontal effects. The GSX gives me probably 60% frontal (still poor).

Mobius => 100% 360 degree field :D

I've also got a SB Titanium HD like you - it's in my racing sim setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back