the most real racing game ever!!!!!
Sep 11, 2004 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
GTR is a FIA GT racing simulator thats being created by Simbin...

Anyway, these guys have been working with all FIA GT racing teams to create the most realistic racing simulator up to date, and they've achieved it. The game should be released in a month or so.

anyway, here is a video of the Murcielago around Monza
http://home19.inet.tele.dk/alphamale...nza_rp_vcd.mpg

20megs

12.jpg

100.jpg

16.jpg

70.jpg

133.jpg

130.jpg
[/

Sep 11, 2004 at 9:28 AM Post #3 of 61
All I can say is [size=xx-large]WOW![/size]

Not only are the engine and shifting sounds accurate the tach is moving and and the downshifts are near perfect sounding. Even the motions during braking are accurate as are the chassis reactions. This is an incredible game and I gotta get it. Is this for PC only?

Edit: I watched the video again and want you guys to listen to the throttle blips on the downshifts and watch for the slight rear wiggle and listen for the tire lock-up on one of the very early turns. That was a near perfect sim of a hot turn-in. This is incredible.

edit again: watch right after turn four(actually turn five but you guys might only count four turns). Sorry,I'm kind excited about a really great racing game. I'm not a gamer but this would certainly make one out of me.

Sep 11, 2004 at 9:52 AM Post #4 of 61
Games like that almost always suck. If you're a fan of racing games, check out gran turismo.

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/489/489327.html

Check out the screens and videos. GT4 isn't out till this fall though. The GT series is the games every single racing game is judged against and every competitior comes up way short.

Yea and if they were going for realism maybe they wouldn't have the stick wobbling around and not doing anything while it's changing gears?

Sep 11, 2004 at 10:20 AM Post #7 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reck45
Games like that almost always suck. If you're a fan of racing games, check out gran turismo.

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/489/489327.html

Check out the screens and videos. GT4 isn't out till this fall though. The GT series is the games every single racing game is judged against and every competitior comes up way short.

Yea and if they were going for realism maybe they wouldn't have the stick wobbling around and not doing anything while it's changing gears?

sounds like he (the driver) is using the paddles located on the wheel...

56.jpg

Sep 11, 2004 at 12:02 PM Post #8 of 61
thats very life like... although the one im really looking for is Gran Turismo 4...

too bad i dont have a PS 2... and that damn game doesnt come in PC version for some reason... which is a total shame, it would be even more life like since PC has much better engine and can produce much better image quality...

Sep 11, 2004 at 4:15 PM Post #10 of 61
That game is a development on the F1-2002 platform by EA Sports.

Here are some pictures of my exploits...

Track = Silverstone : http://www.silverstone-circuit.co.uk...sh/default.htm

In this set of pictures I will show off a pass on Juan Pablo Montoya in the BMW Williams by me in the Jordan Ford (yellow car) around the outside. The difficulty was set at 105% (which means that the opponents are faster than you - but you are still smarter because you are human
wink.gif
)

The overtaking maneuevre is carried out through the Abbey, Farm, Bridge and Priory chicanes on the circuit Silverstone GB.

#1 - Following the two BMW Williams cars as they brake and turn into Abbey. I stay away knowing that JPM is going to attempt a pass on Ralf Schumacher and things could get pretty interesting if either of them miss the braking point.
op1.jpg

#2 : Sure enough - JPM falls back because he took the shallow inside line into abbey and couldnt make the pass. He is in my sights as I use a wider and faster turn plan to catch him through abbey.
op2.jpg

#3 : Still going around the outside but critically I am faster than JPM because of his error in the earlier turn in section of Abbey. This is the FARM chicane and is a fast right hander that throws you onto the kerbs on the exit. I am on the outside keeping my line and JPM is on the inside.
op3.jpg

#4 : JPM has nowhere to go and cannot maximize the full width of the track because I am on his flank taking the faster line through Farm. We are now side by side with me having a slight speed advantage and now my outside line becomes a liability. If JPM gets to the Bridge chicane before me then he will keep the inside line and all will be in vain...fortunately...
op4.jpg

$5 : ...fortunately I have enough of a speed advantage to get my nose in ahead of JPM and I have a good (if not best) line through Bridge...
op5.jpg

#6 : Crucially - I have the inside line now going into Priory and make full use of my speed advantage and faster line to finally complete the pass on JPM.
op6.jpg

Next lap I pass Ralf Schumacher in the exact same section of the track but this time I get to stay on the nicer inside line (JPM played it all wrong...I do this right
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

More pics and videos coming up...this is fun!!

Sep 11, 2004 at 4:54 PM Post #12 of 61
This is what JPM should have and would have done had he been a human driver instead of a computer AI bot. Although the AI is pretty good in F1-2002 even in the most aggressive mode the bots dont break the rules a little...bend the rules a little...they are aggressive but not aggressive to the point of taking you off the track unless they do something stupid (you'll see...)

This is the lap after I passed JPM and the bunch is approaching the same set of chicanes (Abbey, Farm, Bridge and Priory) where a little physics distortion helps get a faster lap time. I am more aggressive on the kerbs on entry and here I am stuck to the tail of Ralf Schumacher (RS) on turn-in
ip1.jpg

The disadvantage of such a close position behind a car in front of you is that yor nose is robbed of downforce because of the areodynamic disruption of the airflow by the diffusers of the car in front. Usually you can either slipstream with the intention of making the pass on turn-in OR you back off and bide your time. I could not make the pass and I could not back off because JPM was right behind me and may have attempted and pulled off a pass into Abbey with his greater speed and momentum.

I drop off the pace on entry into Abbey but I maintain a tighter line. The AI is fantastic in this game - in order to keep you behind the driver in front will often overdrive and go through a chicane faster than usual. Sometimes this will work and at other times they will slow down to recover the car's attitude on the exit of the chicane. This allowed me to close in on the short straight before Bridge...
ip2.jpg

I am still not alongside but I maintain the inside line and force RS to the outside. This is exactly what JPM tried to do but in that case I had th speed advantage and in this case I bully RS into staying away from the inside line.
ip3.jpg

As you can see - I am not quite alongside but I am close enough to prevent RS from closing the door (taking the inside line) forcefully. He is forced to take the turn mid track and that gives me a slight speed advantage down the short straight before Priory.
ip4.jpg

Now with a significant speed advantage I manage to leap to almost a full car length ahead of RS. But the disadvantage is that I am on the outside line into Priory and have to close the inside line before RS makes his recovery....too late...
ip5.jpg

RS goes ultra-aggressive over the kerbs and although I have the line, he is heading straight towards me and would have taken me out had I not applied a bit of countersteer. This is the FIRST time I have seen AI try such a move but I have never before played at the 105% difficulty and perhaps this was why the wheel to wheel action ensued.

ip6.jpg

ip7.jpg

ip8.jpg

With the slight advantage I have - I close the door on the exit of priory by taking an early apex. Thats it!! Move completed and pass managed
wink.gif

However - although in the lead...I did not win the race...a backmarker drove straight into me (another story
tongue.gif
)

ip9.jpg

Sep 11, 2004 at 5:08 PM Post #13 of 61
Sep 11, 2004 at 5:11 PM Post #14 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
This is what JPM should have and would have done had he been a human driver instead of a computer AI bot.

Don't forget the whiney comments he would have made to the press after the fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back