The Monster.... Turbine... thinggy
Jan 31, 2009 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 386

pdupiano

1000+ Head-Fier
Just got my package and I wanted to put up some pics of the packaging etc.. Looks pretty nice and the mini triple flanges are a real surprise, I Wish more companies (Cough cough.. ety) would make them. Enjoy, I'll post impressions later in the week.

I've been listening to these for about 30 min now.. and I have to say, anyone who picks this up will be pleasantly surprised. I'm waiting for the Senn Ie8's to compare them because I Think it would be an odd comparison with the others I have on hand.
M_Back-1.jpg

M_Case.jpg

M_All.jpg

M_Phones-1.jpg

M_Tips-1.jpg

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 386
I applied to review them, but was not one of the first 100 -- oh well!

But I have my new NE-7M to get to know!

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #9 of 386
Hmm.. I like the tag line: 'Life's too short to listen to bad headphones'
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 386
The design reminds me of the Atrio M5 with the blue and red rings and the shiny black plastic.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #11 of 386
Oh so I've had these things in my ears for a solid 3 hours. I think that I really really like them. Theyre fast I mean very fast (but I'll do some further comparisons to the etys) They also have a very VERY deep bass. I thought I Could feel the bass before with my se530's but these go quite a ways deeper. I'm listening to Steely Dan at the moment and its going quite well. Unfortunately the bass can over power the mids. Maybe I just need to let it burn in a bit more. I'll give it a week. But yeah so far thumbs up for em.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #13 of 386
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daeregaol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm.. I like the tag line: 'Life's too short to listen to bad headphones'
biggrin.gif

thats the best tag line ever...justifies the hobby.

wish they put it on HD800 also .. lol

Feb 1, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #14 of 386
I received my review sample yesterday. I have to say that my initial impressions are good. Like pdupiano, I intended to try them for just a few minutes last night after work, and couldn't put them down for 90 minutes. Same thing this afternoon, 5 minutes turned into two hours. I was hearing details in my music that I have missed, or were buried with my other IEMs (530, TF10, etc.). Also good with all sorts of music and recording quality.

Very impressed so far, more detailed review in the next few days.

Feb 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #15 of 386
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobber65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my review sample yesterday. I have to say that my initial impressions are good. Like pdupiano, I intended to try them for just a few minutes last night after work, and couldn't put them down for 90 minutes. Same thing this afternoon, 5 minutes turned into two hours. I was hearing details in my music that I have missed, or were buried with my other IEMs (530, TF10, etc.). Also good with all sorts of music and recording quality.

Very impressed so far, more detailed review in the next few days.

eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back