The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jul 29, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #3,706 of 4,317
Quote:
For those of you monoprice fans who have android phones, I really recommend checking this out! It's an IRS correction filter created by JoeOBloggs and it improves the sound of these even more! What it does is adjust the fr of the iems and brings them closer to a reference-grade sound. I love these gems even more now! Heres a link to it if anyone's interested. He has lots of other iems and headphones on there as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2372750

it just looked like you inverted the frequency curve, so its flat now?? the graph only shows so much, doesn't determine if it sounds good or not. Ex the 8320s and the re400s are sort of similar but once listened to its a world of difference. 8320s are fantastic for its price mind you, but the re400s are in a whole new league. 

plus i can toss around the 8320s and not be worried. 

and you can mod it however you please without fearing your ripping your wallet (wallets still emptying but slowly =) ( i shaved the sharp ridges down on the 8320s so now it slips in easily and with no discomfort (no long term discomfort too)

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #3,709 of 4,317
It's $7. Skip a McDonald's combo and you've paid for them.

The cable likes to tangle, but shouldn't break easily. Also, re-cabling them is really easy, though it is worth more than just buying another pair.

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #3,711 of 4,317
Quote:
Sir, what is this - she5580 I could not find any headphones by this name/model!

Maybe it should be SHE3580   
size]

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #3,712 of 4,317
Quote:
How are these for working out, are they durable? Does anyone have experience using them when they work out. I am mostly concerned that the cable will be easily damaged as i work out.

their pretty durable, they tangle and kink like crazy but they still sound as good as ever! working out their better options, because of the awkward fit they might popp out while running etc

i shaved the down the ridges on my on the bottom. its soo smooth popping them in now no discomfort during listening

the cable has to be worn over ear but still transmit a bit of noise

Aug 6, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #3,713 of 4,317
Quote:
their pretty durable, they tangle and kink like crazy but they still sound as good as ever! working out their better options, because of the awkward fit they might popp out while running etc

i shaved the down the ridges on my on the bottom. its soo smooth popping them in now no discomfort during listening

the cable has to be worn over ear but still transmit a bit of noise

What I did was peel off the fabric coating. It got extremely messed up after using these to work out. I plan on maybe picking up a while air of these so that I get a normal cable or going back the the philips she3580 because those were actually perfect for working out.

Aug 6, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #3,714 of 4,317
Just got my pair of the white versions, and must say I'm really impressed after 3 hours of burn-in. They remind me of my hifi-580 in earphone form. The rubber wiring really helps with all the complaints of the previous model, and the stock tips seem to work well for me as I'm not even sure if I need to buy new tips now. Unbelievable value for $10 shipped! 

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #3,715 of 4,317
The 8320's are good disposable earbuds for the price, and are worth a try.  I liked the 8320's for a while, but they definitely do not compete with headphones over $30. After a month on my Sony mdr-v6's which cost me $54, and then going back to these.... lets just say the v6's poo all over the 8320's in terms of detail, clarity, and accuracy. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #3,716 of 4,317
These are not very good for working out...They tend to slip out very easily.  I am also looking for a pair that are good for working out and a lot of activity.  Also, the T-400 tips are crap that people mentioend here...

Aug 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #3,717 of 4,317
Quote:
Just got my pair of the white versions, and must say I'm really impressed after 3 hours of burn-in. They remind me of my hifi-580 in earphone form. The rubber wiring really helps with all the complaints of the previous model, and the stock tips seem to work well for me as I'm not even sure if I need to buy new tips now. Unbelievable value for $10 shipped! 

I have the 9927 (the black new ones). It is a nice improvement over the 8320. The housing is much more comfortable. 

Quote:
The 8320's are good disposable earbuds for the price, and are worth a try.  I liked the 8320's for a while, but they definitely do not compete with headphones over $30. After a month on my Sony mdr-v6's which cost me $54, and then going back to these.... lets just say the v6's poo all over the 8320's in terms of detail, clarity, and accuracy. 

Well you are comparing IEMs to a full sized can. That's fine for an overall comparison, but I think most people use these for a different purpose than detailed listening at the desk. 

Quote:
These are not very good for working out...They tend to slip out very easily.  I am also looking for a pair that are good for working out and a lot of activity.  Also, the T-400 tips are crap that people mentioend here...

You could try adding the over-the-ear guides http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Over_the_Ear_Cable_Guides_p/ep-cableguide-bk.htm
I'm not a fan of foams either, but they work well for many. I find some Sennheiser double-flange tips work really well with them and are very comfortable. You can find them on Ebay for cheap and can mix and match whatever sizes you want. Item number 111036271882
for quick reference to a set. Or a pair of sony hybrid tips for a little change in sound but great comfort as well.  Those two things add up to the price of the IEMS lol. However, you can keep them for future pairs so it's a worthy investment. More so if you like the sound of the monoprice. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #3,718 of 4,317
The Meelec triple flanges are magical with the 9722. Some extra foam in the noozle a handkercheif filter to replace the one already there and foam cores in the meelecs and oh my gosh...7$ has no right to be this good!

Happy Listening!

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #3,719 of 4,317
with my molds and ear guides i can workout like a crazed maniac... no problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back