The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Apr 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #3,496 of 4,317
Quote:
Update mostly for non US members (because you can get better prices in the US)...

We are now shipping all colours of Monoprice 8320 type earphones with Comply Active S-400 tips included as standard having become a Comply OEM (yippee!).

You can find the listings on eBay and Amazon.

Mark

Good move. I bought my Comply tips. I might just need to order more of these now!

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #3,497 of 4,317
Quote:
Quote:
What exactly is so bad about the stock tips? I've got both the 8320 and 9927, and felt that the stock tips were very good. I prefer them over the Sony Hybrid. I currently use MEElec M6 tips on them, though.

As far as I recall, this is the first vote in favour of the stock tips!

Mark

The stock tips are actually not that bad. They are designed specifically for the headphones, with larger openings for the nozzles. I don't think monoprice ever intended for these things to be inserted deeply. Rather they were designed to sit right outside the ear canal. In that case, the larger tips do a great job of sealing up a bigger area

I suppose I am part of the problem with this arms race on ear tips. I ship earphones with at least 6 pairs of cheap Chinese silicon ear tips and 1 or 3 pairs of Comply S-400.

Mark

You should request to be made a "member of the trade" else you can get in a bit of trouble on here.

Apr 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #3,499 of 4,317
Quote:
Nope, the sound is identical. Only real differences may be the comfort due to the rubberized finish of the 9927.

thanks for the response, i was worried that by changing the housing to a rubberized finish, the sound was affected

does anyone notice that the 8320s sound a LOT better without the filter?? i messed up a custom mix on one (the custom mix clogged the inside of the iems, my fault ( forgot to plug it). and put on a new pair after burning them in months before over 50 hours. 

sound so weird at first(thought i got a defective unit), and after i removed the filters, the familiar sound returns =) 

8320 is a diamond in the rough for iems (gonna try the white ones if they have rubberized cord)!!! but i actually like the headphone jack of the originals ( looks more sturdy compare the white and pink ones)

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #3,500 of 4,317
Quote:
thanks for the response, i was worried that by changing the housing to a rubberized finish, the sound was affected

does anyone notice that the 8320s sound a LOT better without the filter?? i messed up a custom mix on one (the custom mix clogged the inside of the iems, my fault ( forgot to plug it). and put on a new pair after burning them in months before over 50 hours. 

sound so weird at first(thought i got a defective unit), and after i removed the filters, the familiar sound returns =) 

8320 is a diamond in the rough for iems (gonna try the white ones if they have rubberized cord)!!! but i actually like the headphone jack of the originals ( looks more sturdy compare the white and pink ones)

Well, if adding tape over them increases the bass, removing filters would decrease it. If that sound sig suits you, then I'm sure it would increase SQ.

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #3,501 of 4,317
okay...giving all these budget iems a second go around.  Hopefully they're better this time.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #3,502 of 4,317
Quote:

My 8320 has no filters. 9927 does. Can't tell a difference in sound.
Don't really know how my 8320 lost the filters. I was a bit upset when it happened, though.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #3,503 of 4,317
Does anyone else agree the 8320's only sound good at lower volumes? When I crank mine they don't distort or anything but they definitely lose their "magic"

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #3,504 of 4,317
Quote:
Does anyone else agree the 8320's only sound good at lower volumes? When I crank mine they don't distort or anything but they definitely lose their "magic"

Have you burned them in? I notice when cranking new earphones and speakers they lose their sparkle and sound stage gets muddy if they have not been burned in for about 8 hours.  

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #3,505 of 4,317
Quote:

do you have any pics.. 

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #3,506 of 4,317
Quote:

For me I like listen it at higher volumes to get more intense feeling, especially with electronic music genre to feel the bass thump. it just some times that I feel it too harsh, I don't know maybe the mood or just psychological.

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #3,507 of 4,317
Quote:
do you have any pics.. 

this is the filters for the nozzle

this is my clogged 8320 (with custom mold inside)

the other unclogged earpiece

my failed custom mold... it fits fine but i used far too much mold but part of it is ripped, occured when i tried taking the 8320s out of the custom ear molds.... alll in all a failed experiment... but i still wanna try again to make it right 

but thing is my 8320 fit my ears pretty good heres a picture .. it doesn't stick out or anything like the previous images i see here on this thread

forgive the acne... this is not normal.. going through stressful time.. (finals)

i use the small eartips from the philips she30s 

i only want to make some custom ears because it makes the headphones seem much more personal and unique to me 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back