The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Apr 6, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #3,481 of 4,317
My Magni came yesterday and these little IEM sound wonderful with it! They sounded good before but they seem to really open up and come alive with an amp. Remarkable considering they cost about £3.50 here!

Apr 6, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #3,482 of 4,317
My Magni came yesterday and these little IEM sound wonderful with it! They sounded good before but they seem to really open up and come alive with an amp. Remarkable considering they cost about £3.50 here!

So true. When I plugged them into my M/M stack they really stepped up a tier. Crazy considering their price tag.

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #3,484 of 4,317
Quote:
It feels kind of wrong considering they're almost a fiftieth of the price but it works so well!

Found this a bit funny, but I just plugged my 9927s into my M&M, and its true. They step from the little-bit-better than-other-cheapos level to the little-bit-under-my-S4s level.

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #3,485 of 4,317
Quote:
So true. When I plugged them into my M/M stack they really stepped up a tier. Crazy considering their price tag.

Sounded amusing due to the price difference, but they do really pair well with the M&M. Just had to try it after reading that they sounded good...now getting weird looks from my brother for having $8 IEMs plugged into $250 worth of DAC, amp, and cables.

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #3,487 of 4,317
What exactly is so bad about the stock tips? I've got both the 8320 and 9927, and felt that the stock tips were very good. I prefer them over the Sony Hybrid. I currently use MEElec M6 tips on them, though.

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #3,489 of 4,317
Quote:
What exactly is so bad about the stock tips? I've got both the 8320 and 9927, and felt that the stock tips were very good. I prefer them over the Sony Hybrid. I currently use MEElec M6 tips on them, though.

As far as I recall, this is the first vote in favour of the stock tips!

Mark

The stock tips are actually not that bad. They are designed specifically for the headphones, with larger openings for the nozzles. I don't think monoprice ever intended for these things to be inserted deeply. Rather they were designed to sit right outside the ear canal. In that case, the larger tips do a great job of sealing up a bigger area

Sent from my Captivate Glide

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #3,490 of 4,317
Quote:

As far as I recall, this is the first vote in favour of the stock tips!

Mark

The stock tips are actually not that bad. They are designed specifically for the headphones, with larger openings for the nozzles. I don't think monoprice ever intended for these things to be inserted deeply. Rather they were designed to sit right outside the ear canal. In that case, the larger tips do a great job of sealing up a bigger area

I suppose I am part of the problem with this arms race on ear tips. I ship earphones with at least 6 pairs of cheap Chinese silicon ear tips and 1 or 3 pairs of Comply S-400.

Mark

Apr 8, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #3,491 of 4,317
As I've mentioned before, I use the stock tips, just one size larger. Gives me a good seal with minimal discomfort.

Apr 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #3,492 of 4,317
Update mostly for non US members (because you can get better prices in the US)...

We are now shipping all colours of Monoprice 8320 type earphones with Comply Active S-400 tips included as standard having become a Comply OEM (yippee!).

You can find the listings on eBay and Amazon.

Mark

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #3,493 of 4,317
My brother gave me some candy.  I know use the case for the 9927. 
cool.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #3,495 of 4,317
Quote:

I agree with you 100%. I've spent the last hour or so listening to a few songs through my 9927's, hooked up to the Magni as well as just through the headphone jack on the Squeezebox. There is a definite difference between the two. I think the Magni (or any other decent amo) provides the "umph" needed to deal with the transients in the music. As for the overall sound of the Monoprice 9927's, I like them but not as much as my Mad Dogs. Having the sound come from a larger, over the ear headphone is hard to beat. That being said, for less than $8 these are a great value! The sound is well balanced with enough bass but not over the top. Mids and Highs are present without being harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back