The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Apr 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #3,467 of 4,317
make sure you protect the inside of the tips,,,  the silicone mix will fuse to it making it hard to scrape out....  i stuff mine with cotton or u can use tape but the tape will prevent the silicone fromm fusing to whatever part the tape is covering... 

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #3,468 of 4,317
I've just found out about the blue (I mean, white), pink, and black varieties - I remember earlier in the thread, Dsnuts talked about emailing Monoprice about new colours and non-cloth cords on these in ears.....

It worked!

Edit = Turns out the blue is actually white! Even better...

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #3,470 of 4,317
Quote:
I am definitely ordering the white one (w/ standard cord). Bye-bye cloth cord!

(Might get the pink one for the lulz....)

Does the white one have a rubberized cord? I know it looks like it in the picture, but the black ones (9927) are cloth, and part of the same revision as the other colors...

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #3,471 of 4,317
I saw the white one and the pink one have rubber-cord while the black one still has cloth-cord , is that right ? plz anyone confirm it for me . And I wonder that does the silver one have cool box like the others since they cost the same 

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #3,472 of 4,317
Finally got around to ordering and making some custom molds for these.  Big thanks to jaejw1 for the idea and Westone links.  These are sounding great and are the most comfortable IEM's I have now.  No more fit issues and the silicone singles comes with plenty of material to experiment with.

Apr 4, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #3,473 of 4,317
Quote:
I saw the white one and the pink one have rubber-cord while the black one still has cloth-cord , is that right ? plz anyone confirm it for me . And I wonder that does the silver one have cool box like the others since they cost the same 

I don't know about the cable, though it appears so from the pictures. The silver model is outdated, it is a chrome finish rather than rubberized and quite uncomfortable. Unsure about the packaging, if that what you are talking about. None of them have a carrying case. The silver also only have 1 size of tips included.

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #3,474 of 4,317
Quote:
Finally got around to ordering and making some custom molds for these.  Big thanks to jaejw1 for the idea and Westone links.  These are sounding great and are the most comfortable IEM's I have now.  No more fit issues and the silicone singles comes with plenty of material to experiment with.

sweet,,,,   are you using the single flanged tips?

Apr 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #3,476 of 4,317
Quote:
sweet,,,,   are you using the single flanged tips?

Yup, cut off the single flange, works great.  I need to experiment with a smaller amount of the mold I think.  I can't believe how comfortable they are though.  Prior to the molds I was using part of a CAT5 cable cut off and earplugs (idea was brought up way early on in thread), this is a much better method. 

Apr 4, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #3,477 of 4,317
Yup, cut off the single flange, works great.  I need to experiment with a smaller amount of the mold I think.  I can't believe how comfortable they are though.  Prior to the molds I was using part of a CAT5 cable cut off and earplugs (idea was brought up way early on in thread), this is a much better method. 

yep.. they disappear in your ear once they reach body temp... yes, try experimenting with less mix to create the mold on the single flange tip or use an inexpensive double flange.. the tips can then be used with other earphones...

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #3,478 of 4,317
^^ that's pretty amazing. That must have been a lot of fun to do. Any chance I'd consider paying 215$ for a 38$ can...nope, but I sincerely hope that someone picks up these one of a kind beauties. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #3,479 of 4,317
Quote:

I don't know about the cable, though it appears so from the pictures. The silver model is outdated, it is a chrome finish rather than rubberized and quite uncomfortable. Unsure about the packaging, if that what you are talking about. None of them have a carrying case. The silver also only have 1 size of tips included.

Hi, Mark here from the UK. I am an official reseller for Monoprice shipping worldwide and our stock of the new models just came in so I can try and answer your questions.

1) The Silver and the Black share the same cloth cable while the White and Pink have the rubberised finish (and white ear tips).

2) All models, including the Silver, now come in the same retail packaging with 3 pairs of ear tips so, yes, Silver now comes in the cool box like the others. Some sellers, like me, still have stock of the previous unboxed Silver 8320s so you will see then for some time selling through. I sell outside the USA so the boxed products are a real problem for shipping costs so what I do is sell them both boxed and unboxed.

The ear tips are a problem for many people. To address this, starting next week, all my Monoprice 8320 (silver)/9927 (black)/9960 (pink)/9963 (white) will ship with Comply S-400 foam tips included either unboxed with one pair of medium or boxed with one pair each of small, medium and large.

I also include at least 6 extra pairs of cheap silicon ear tips.

I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Apr 5, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #3,480 of 4,317
I am quite jealous that the white ones came out...
They have a better finish and better cord. Kinda itching to get a pair, even though the silver ones I bought have been serving me well for a few months now.
Can anyone confirm if the white/pink model with the rubber cord are less tangle prone?
I've been using the silver ones with a cloth cord, and there's still a lot of memory in the cord from how it was originally shipped.

Considering Monoprice is a cable vendor, you would think they would ship the headphones out coiled up or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back