The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #3,439 of 4,317
Quote:
Can you measure the length of the double flanged tip barrel?
I'm wondering if my image S4 double flange tips will work. I'd rather not experiment chopping them up unless I have to
Also do you recommend any specific tips for this mod, over the ones you already tried?
im definitely going to try this mod out when i get a chance. bookmarked for a later date...

Sent from my Captivate Glide

this is in inches.. 

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #3,440 of 4,317
Just ordered a pair, should be here sometime this week or start of next week. Noticed fit can be an issue, what tips do people recommend?

Was going to order some Over-Ear-Cable-Guides as well, but postage to Ireland. No thank you.

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #3,441 of 4,317
Just ordered a pair, should be here sometime this week or start of next week. Noticed fit can be an issue, what tips do people recommend?
I like etymotic tips or Westone star tips... don't know if they fit though, does anyone know?

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #3,442 of 4,317
Quote:
I like etymotic tips or Westone star tips... don't know if they fit though, does anyone know?

The Monoprice nozzle is too big for those I'd say.

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #3,443 of 4,317
How about these new custom earphone molds: http://www.decibullz.com/shop/custom-earphone-molds/custom-earphone-molds/

I have been following this company for a little while, but there first product was their heat moldable earphone tips that came with over-priced bad reviewed earphones.  Now they just came out with new tips, that will work with other earphones for $15.  What do you guys think about these for the 9927's? 

Mar 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #3,444 of 4,317
I finished burning in my 9927s over the weekend. The fit is real finicky but I've settled on wearing the large tips with the LEFT-RIGHT swapped and the cables going up and over my ears.

The bass is very satisfying and the mids are excellent. For 7 dollars this is truly a fantastic set of IEMs. I will probably buy 2-3 more and keep them in a drawer for the future.

I think a pack of Comply T-400s might make the fit more solid. Hopefully they fit the 9927 well.

Thanks for discovering these IEMs.

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #3,445 of 4,317
How about these new custom earphone molds: http://www.decibullz.com/shop/custom-earphone-molds/custom-earphone-molds/

I have been following this company for a little while, but there first product was their heat moldable earphone tips that came with over-priced bad reviewed earphones.  Now they just came out with new tips, that will work with other earphones for $15.  What do you guys think about these for the 9927's? 

neat concept... I like the idea but at that price I can make custom tips for every family member and friend..

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #3,446 of 4,317
Quote:
I do now
biggrin.gif
sorry about the low quality, Chinese tablet camera...

just curious but can you reuse those custom molds? say if the 8320s break can you just buy another set from monoprice and insert them into the ur molds? or is it a 1 time thing for those headphones

Mar 26, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #3,447 of 4,317
just curious but can you reuse those custom molds? say if the 8320s break can you just buy another set from monoprice and insert them into the ur molds? or is it a 1 time thing for those headphones

The way I molded them, no. I wrapped the silicone around the body and they would probably be destroyed in the process. However, jaejw1 has made some tips that can be removed and placed on other IEM. I believe he posted pics in this thread. He can tell you better than I, but it looks like just a matter of using less putty and pressing it around just the barrel, not the whole IEM.
Edit: but for $15 bucks or so you can make at least a half dozen molds so its a moot point to me.
I'm looking to get a pair of vsonic vc02 and making the molds removable. It should be easy to slip them on and off the narrow body

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #3,449 of 4,317
Quote:
Hello Im Arbi from Philippines first time posted here. I did the recabling my friends Monoprice. I just braided a silver coated stranded wire no#22. 

Looks great though!  Wish I had a friend like you to do mine!

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #3,450 of 4,317
As far as tips go, I don't know about the Etys, but the Westones will absolutely NOT fit. I'd recommend Comply T-400s. As far as Decibullz goes, I've been thinking about them for a while now. They look cool, but they are more like custom earbuds than custom IEMs-they don't go into you ear, so I don't know if they seal well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back