The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #3,423 of 4,317
Please provide link to instructions. Thanks. (sorry if they are nearby already!)

the link is in my signature

check the pics in this thread... u will see a more recent mold that is fused to just the sleeve of a double flanged tip... making it a useful for any earphones

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #3,424 of 4,317
You have a bad seal. These IEM do have plenty of bass. They arent bass head IEM but they still are a little much in my opinion. That's coming out of a clip zip and a rk3066 tablet ( I have no idea what the DAC/amp is in this thing but it has mad power, is pretty hi resolution and handles 24bit music. Its kinda noisy though)

The only proof I can get at this point is if someone has the SoundMagic E30 and can compare them with the monoprice and tell me what they think. I'm saying E30 because I used to consider them pretty light on bass but the monoprice is way worse to me.

If I have a bad seal I don't know how to solve it, every tip I tried even triple-flange ones just make things worse. I never had these problems, everything that I owned just fit at first use :\

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #3,426 of 4,317
Hello everybody, new user here.  These headphones are actually the sole reason behind me finding and registering on this great forum.

I've ordered and received a pair of Monoprice 8320 from Amazon, as I needed a new set of headphones at a time. 

I plugged them in, and was pretty impressed with the sound, especially the bass, as most of you are experiencing.  The first thing I listened in them, was a movie actually,  the new   "Dredd" movie.  It has  a very punchy soundtrack and the headphones were absolute joy in this regard.

I then proceeded to "burn" them with pink noise generator, found at this link, for about 12 hours or so.  
http://playnoise.com/

So a few days later, I was still listening to them, and I usually watch movies or shows on my phone while commuting.  Because of that,  I haven't really noticed anything for a while.

Then I started noticing that the bass was completely gone. That  "oomph" I experienced, wasn't there anymore.  

For a comparison, I loaded "Dredd" one more time, and yes, the headphones are not producing any bass anymore.  

I noticed that the black "screens" on the end of the tips were gone, could this be the reason?

I've been using a custom foam plug, right from the start, so the plug hasn't changed, and it fits very snug in my ear, and isolates all the outside noise.

Could I have damaged the headphones by "burning" them, or could it have been just a defective set that wen bad on me in just a few days?

I really liked the initial sound of these, so I ordered two more pairs from Monoprice itself. While I'm waiting for them to arrive, any suggestions on why the current set would lose all of its "oomph"?

Mar 23, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #3,427 of 4,317

check the pics in this thread... u will see a more recent mold that is fused to just the sleeve of a double flanged tip... making it a useful for any earphones[/quote]

Can you measure the length of the double flanged tip barrel?
I'm wondering if my image S4 double flange tips will work. I'd rather not experiment chopping them up unless I have to
Also do you recommend any specific tips for this mod, over the ones you already tried?
im definitely going to try this mod out when i get a chance. bookmarked for a later date...

Sent from my Captivate Glide

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #3,428 of 4,317
Hello everybody, new user here.  These headphones are actually the sole reason behind me finding and registering on this great forum.

I've ordered and received a pair of Monoprice 8320 from Amazon, as I needed a new set of headphones at a time. 

I plugged them in, and was pretty impressed with the sound, especially the bass, as most of you are experiencing.  The first thing I listened in them, was a movie actually,  the new   "Dredd" movie.  It has  a very punchy soundtrack and the headphones were absolute joy in this regard.

I then proceeded to "burn" them with pink noise generator, found at this link, for about 12 hours or so.  

So a few days later, I was still listening to them, and I usually watch movies or shows on my phone while commuting.  Because of that,  I haven't really noticed anything for a while.

Then I started noticing that the bass was completely gone. That  "oomph" I experienced, wasn't there anymore.  

For a comparison, I loaded "Dredd" one more time, and yes, the headphones are not producing any bass anymore.  

I noticed that the black "screens" on the end of the tips were gone, could this be the reason?

I've been using a custom foam plug, right from the start, so the plug hasn't changed, and it fits very snug in my ear, and isolates all the outside noise.

Could I have damaged the headphones by "burning" them, or could it have been just a defective set that wen bad on me in just a few days?

I really liked the initial sound of these, so I ordered two more pairs from Monoprice itself. While I'm waiting for them to arrive, any suggestions on why the current set would lose all of its "oomph"?

You heard a "oomph" with these? Wow then I must have a defective one..

Mar 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #3,429 of 4,317
Quote:

If you were burning in at really high volume, than sure, it could damage them. Burning in does change the sound signature, but usually for the better and certainly not that dramatically. If you're still getting the same seal you had before (sometime you get a great seal one use and later they don't seal as well) and burned at a reasonable volume, its probably just a defective pair.

That being said, welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.

Mar 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #3,430 of 4,317
Quote:
I think the hype is justified. I think they deliver what DSNUTS had promised us. However, these IEMS are very difficult to fit for many. That is the reasoning for varying opinion. Luckily they fit me fine and I am enjoying them immensely. Detailed with a very good soundstage. I would pay $30 dollars for these and still think they are a bargain. The frequency response graph is quite impressive as well. I have over a dozen pair of headphones and am reaching for these while my other  more expensive pairs are collecting dust. 

After finally getting a pair of these my first impression is to agree. These are excellent. 

It's cool how these cheap iems are achieving great sound quality by doing simple things. I would assume the great soundstage and detail comes from being just a big driver (common in buds) in big airy housing with in-ear insertion. Just like how the 3580s get that great bass by being a tiny housing with no ventilation.

Mar 23, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #3,431 of 4,317
Quote:
He has posted it about 4 times. Try back 10 pages and move forward.

If it had been posted at least 5 times, I would have found it lol! Thanks.

Mar 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #3,432 of 4,317
Quote:

check the pics in this thread... u will see a more recent mold that is fused to just the sleeve of a double flanged tip... making it a useful for any earphones

Can you measure the length of the double flanged tip barrel?
I'm wondering if my image S4 double flange tips will work. I'd rather not experiment chopping them up unless I have to
Also do you recommend any specific tips for this mod, over the ones you already tried?
im definitely going to try this mod out when i get a chance. bookmarked for a later date...

Sent from my Captivate Glide[/quote]

i will do so once i get home in about 2 hrs..  i will post pics..

as far as the sound its about the same as i remember with the comply foam ,, but i have more comfort,,   try getting the double flanges from www.buyincoins.com    cost 99cents for 3 pair

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #3,433 of 4,317
After finally getting a pair of these my first impression is to agree. These are excellent. 

It's cool how these cheap iems are achieving great sound quality by doing simple things. I would assume the great soundstage and detail comes from being just a big driver (common in buds) in big airy housing with in-ear insertion. Just like how the 3580s get that great bass by being a tiny housing with no ventilation.

Actually, the small housing and lack of back venting both count AGAINST big bass, and the presence of front venting (take off the 3580 eartips and you'd see a small hole) should further hinder bass performance. And yet they still do so great... I'm still at a loss for an explanation for them. :confused:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #3,435 of 4,317
^ Those look AWESOME. 
cool.gif
  Wish I had a friend who could do that for me.  ^  (Or I just need to get the equipment and learn how to do it myself).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back