The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Oct 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #2,671 of 4,317
Hi-wound up here from the Discovery thread (that, and the Deals threads and the iem bargain thread, which, as people here love to note, hasn't done my bank account any good). Sounds like a 'what can you lose" proposition...see them at the Monoprice site and Amazon. There are quite a few other headphones at Monoprice, and Amazon has one of their "frequently bought together" deals with ear tips, which seem like a must from what I've read, and an over the ear Monoprice DJ headphone. Don't have the time/patience to read throuth the full 178 pages of this thread...has anyone listened to and compared any of these other phones, and are others comparable/better (there are some slightly more expensive), particularly is the Amazon "bought together" deal worth bothering with, or would just extra pairs of these be a better buy?
Thanks-Jack

Oct 14, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #2,672 of 4,317
Just jumped aboard the hype train and grabbed like 4 pairs of these, plus one for myself. Gonna make great Christmas presents (yes, I'm a very cheap friend that way) 
tongue.gif
. Also, I need a cheap pair to throw around, as I almost got my W4s mugged last week, and I can't spare to take them out anymore (Can't use the Etys anyways, as I walked a red light last time I was wearing them outside). Anyone use de-cored Olives or foam-filled Hybrids with these, or have any opinions on how they would sound?

Oct 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #2,673 of 4,317
Quote:
What I'm saying is, after you listened to them and ignoring the hype.

I will say one thing about the 8320s. I can really make out the lyrics in songs much better than anything else I own. Usually I am straining to make out what singers are saying or getting part of the lyrics wrong. Great detail  on these. A little sharp to the ears though. Small tips seem to give me more sharper detail while medium tips brings out more of the bass. 
confused_face.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #2,676 of 4,317
Just got mine too! After an overnight run of pink noise and various music I have to say these buds are absolutely astonishing. Easily besting my $80 Sony EX buds I currently use and any other buds I've ever used before (some higher end then the Sony EX). Better bass, better mids, and a VERY wide sound stage. Very reminiscent of my main Sony PFR-V1 cans. I actually find myself sometimes using these Monoprice buds OVER my Sony PFR-V1!

Build quality and comfort in my opinion are also top notch...especially if you consider the price. I have no cracks or anything in my housing, the cable is holding up well and the included buds fit perfectly fine in my ears.

Either way, seeing all the buds I've owned over the years, based on sound quality alone I'd easily pay $100+ for these if I had to. Truly magnificent! 

Oct 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #2,679 of 4,317
My take on the 8320s, mind you this is my first review,

i finally tested the 8320s side by side on my commute to and from school with the S4is. Im not audiophile but i what i noticed was the better details and clarity the 8320s had. Bass was evident (fixed through taping over the opening near the nozzle) *thanks for the tip!! * Neutral sounding, great separation between instruments. Mind you i listen to a lot of pop, electronic, dubstep (i guess you can say modern music, in some sense) Sure the s4is isolated better with the shure olive ear tips and the bass was boomier but i finally found tips for the 8320 that can isolate noise as well! i found on my iphone i was able to get away with only 3 clicks on the volume button so i guess thats 30%? even on  public transits! Great news for someone that wants to preserve your hearing!

found that putting these on was difficult though the edges/ridges on the housing rubbed against the tragus of my ear. but once the seal was achieved no problems.

Microphonics is always gonna be an issue this was improved through the around the ear method. but its no deal-breaker to me iems will always have some sort of microphonics if its inserted into your ear anyway. I can live with it

cables durable so far the housing is undamaged at the moment i try to take good care of my iems but they look like they can take a beating

the headphone jack looks reinforced so i'm not too worried about it even though its a straight jack.

all in all i can't believe i found such great buds for 8 bucks well 10 dollars including shipping. All you need is just to find the perfect tips and these buds are perfect! im definately ordering another pair! monoprice can't discontinue these guys like their previous earphones!

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #2,683 of 4,317
I have to say I am quite impressed with these.  I currently have Klipsh S4i's with Comply foam tips.  These have been ok IEM's for me but I think the Monoprice's sound better.  

The Monoprice's seem to be lacking tad on the mids, but I do not have them all the way burned in yet.  I also found my ears seemed a little more fatigued after listening to them for an hour or so.  That could be a sign I need to find better tips for them.  A great buy though for $6! 

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #2,684 of 4,317
I'm just posting to say I got a pair of these, and they certainly beat all the crappy sub $50 IEMs that consist of my previous IEM experience. I haven't even burned them in yet. As a non-audiophile, they certainly sound fine to me.

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #2,685 of 4,317
i have the same s4s as you, but i use the shure olive eartips instead, still have two comply tips lying around for them though. Found the shures to be more durable and better isolation. though i burned in my s4is for a good 36 hours and had em for 2 months since

Whats your take on the 8320s? i found on the mids it was superb for them it was just the bass was lacking in comparision to the s4i but try taping up the hole by the nozzle, just a bit, i found it that fixed the sound right up. 
Quote:
I have to say I am quite impressed with these.  I currently have Klipsh S4i's with Comply foam tips.  These have been ok IEM's for me but I think the Monoprice's sound better.  

The Monoprice's seem to be lacking tad on the mids, but I do not have them all the way burned in yet.  I also found my ears seemed a little more fatigued after listening to them for an hour or so.  That could be a sign I need to find better tips for them.  A great buy though for $6! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back