The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
May 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #2,057 of 4,317
hi Dnuts

thanks a for suggesting Monoprice 8320, I just got them and they are real great for the price, sound stage is very good.

trying different tips for good seal and better bass,
how much burn-in these IEM require?

May 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #2,058 of 4,317
Quote:
I've now had these for over a month. I did catch the Monster super tip box on special at Amazon so I could play with the tips and settled on the smaller foam tips - my ear canals seem to be small and sensitive, making IEMs a challenge for comfort. The tips have a made a big difference for me. I use these approximately 4-5 days each week for at least 4 hours a day as my work cans. I love them. The sound for me seems more open than previous IEMs I've tried, much less in my head. They do reasonably well with all genres that I listen to including but not limited to jazz, electronic and alternative. For me they just don't do anything bad and at the same time are really fun to listen to. I just bought a couple more pairs at Monoprice when the price was ~$5 for spares or to gift. 

Thanks Dsnuts.

You guys enjoy your new earphones and wear them with pride...In fact if I ever happen to see another in my city with these earphones on I will stop them and introduce myself as I figure only headfiers and people that do research will know anything about these earphones. Good conversation starter..Lol!
Quote:
hi Dnuts

thanks a for suggesting Monoprice 8320, I just got them and they are real great for the price, sound stage is very good.

trying different tips for good seal and better bass,
how much burn-in these IEM require?

I would go for a solid 50. Tips do the most in getting you proper sound however.

May 5, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #2,059 of 4,317
They cost $42 dollars for me at monoprice...damn postage...
frown.gif

May 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #2,062 of 4,317
One thing I do not like about in-ear foam tips is that they are inconvenient to wear. I have to squeeze them around until they are small enough to enter my ear canals, and doing so is not only inconvenient, but adds a lot of finger wax (and dirt!) into the foam. I'd be curious to know how Koss' "ear cushions"/tips ( http://www.koss.com/en/products/accessories/Pathfinder_Ear_Cushion__Pathfinder_Ear_Cushion ) fare on the 8320.

They are called pathfinders, I figure they would simply plug into the ear canal?

Doesn't really have to be Koss', say, but I'd like to know how these plugs work in general... and how they affect the fit and sound of the 8320s of course!
Has anyone tried something similar?

May 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #2,064 of 4,317
Quote:
^Interesting find.  Might have to check those out.  Looks like they are only $5 and free shipping on those as far as I can tell.^

In for a pair.  Tips are so critical on these phones. They sounded so much better with some large altec cushions,  and then I got some JBuds J4's  (Boomy and flat, yuch)  but the large tips were even batter than the altecs at sealing. So My quest is for tips before nay more IEMs!

bob

May 16, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #2,065 of 4,317
I really like these headphones and like Monoprice the company, but I'm already on my third pair after 3 months. The wire quality is complete garbage. The cord holding the wires easily tears and tangles. Once that happens, it is only a matter of time before one of the ears stops functioning and then the other one follows suit. Monoprice sent me replacements, but it is very inconvenient to be listening to music then all of a sudden one ear piece stops working, than having to contact Monoprice for a replacement. I don't expect anything grand for $7 bucks, but I expect a life span of over a month.

May 16, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #2,066 of 4,317
*steelgtr* - I ended up ordering those eartips as well from Koss (per sunjigglet's link: http://www.koss.com/en/products/accessories/Pathfinder_Ear_Cushion__Pathfinder_Ear_Cushion).  I will post up how the fit the 8320 when I get them.

*oyola* - As for the build quality of the 8320, I have read a few people complain about the cords.  I have been using my pair for exactly 3 months now and have not had any issues.  But I do baby them.

And I too like the Monoprice company.  They ship fast, care about their products and have GREAT customer service.  I know this because unfortunately I have had to return two pairs of their over-the-ear 8323.  They are quick to respond and either replace or refund the product.

May 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #2,067 of 4,317
I've been using v-moda bass freq tips on these. Seem to work well - significantly better seal than the stock tips, but still leaving something desired.

I'm going to try foam-coreing the v-moda tips and see if that closes up the sound some.

At first i thought the cables would be tougher than the rubber coated variety found on uber-cheaps... sounds like that's not the case, they do get twisted up pretty bad.

May 18, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #2,070 of 4,317
Coming up on 2 months with mine. 

Tips made a huge difference for me. I went to Radioshack and bought a three pack of the Comply tips for $15.99 plus tax. Excellent tips. Put the other two pairs on my other two pairs of IEMs :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back