The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Apr 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #1,861 of 4,317
I had this IEM for quite long time and since around 4months ago I stopped using it as it was so painful to wear.

Well today, I tried again with Comply Ts-400 that came in for my JVC and aurisonics which fit perfectly.

I could tell right away, this is much more comfortable! Isolation is better and sonic performance unmatched in this price range.

Impressive indeed. 

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,863 of 4,317

Quote:
That is excellent work Scott. I will post a link to your very informative post. Look forward to see if we can up the sq a bit through some modding. Actually forget that noise. I am gonna put your post on the first post.

Hopefully it will be of use to someone. Nice thing about these is that even total novices can try their hand at modding them, and not be out any real money if they screw up. Ha. I'm going to try one more type of cheap-ish wire that's thinner than Cat5 and already in my possession. Then I guess I'll be hunting down some boutique wire. I'd like to see if the 8320s might benefit from some silver or SPC.

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #1,865 of 4,317
I had a total of six pairs and when a couple of co-workers tried my first pair they wanted some ASAP.

If I have any left over I will probably offer them to our European friends in this forum. They have my utmost sympathy for the Shipping Costs since I get items from Monoprice Overnight for $6.00.

But here in California I also have the good fortune to pay Sales Tax.

Quote:
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
LOL
I have no idea how that is relevant to what you just said -It just felt right saying it. 
tongue.gif

how many pairs did u start off with bro?

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #1,867 of 4,317
after about 5 hours in ear, these soundreally wonderful. tight punchy bass, sparkly highs forward mids. beautiful. detailed and quiet neutral, from what i can tell. i'll report back after more burn in.

too, they've got a very interesting soundsig coming off the skullcandies lol

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #1,868 of 4,317

Quote:
There is a difference with diamonds, which are quite rare, and hard to process over, mass produced earphones, that have the same thing in a competitors housing, but just marketed 10x more expensive.

As a side note, diamonds aren't actually rare.  There are millions of them being held in artificial scarcity by cartels to keep the value from dropping.  But that's a major side topic.

On the main topic, I ordered some 8320's.  My niece needed some earphones for a plane trip, so I ordered 3 pairs.  I'll post an opinion after I've had a chance to listen.

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #1,871 of 4,317

Quote:
any comparison with focalprice ck-700?which has better overall SQ?

The Monoprice 8320s are much more detailed. I have both and enjoy both of them. I prefer the CK-700s for my EDM and electro music, but the 8320s are much more detailed and work better with music that has real instruments. The monos are a strange fit so that is also a factor that may affect how most people judge them. I have small ear canals so I can wear them for about an hour before they start to hurt. I'd recommend picking up the CK-700s though to try them out if you are interested because they are so cheap. Both are good but for different reasons.

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #1,873 of 4,317

Yes the MP8320 is now ranked #44 in earphone ranking. Lol! That is over many other much more expensive earphones. The $7.11 club unite!!!!

Go 8320s!!! The rankings would mean a lot more if everyone just stick stars on the earphones they owned and a couple of sentences! Take mono prices to number one all owners to the head gear thread!!!

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #1,875 of 4,317

Quote:
i definitely can't get these things comfortable...

Yeh i get a seal but it is an uncomfortable one, they have done the best job of housing the big driver but the price comes back to haunt :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back