The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Apr 1, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #1,771 of 4,317

Quote:

To me it's more the fact that for some it's 7$ and for me it's 42$. I think it's only normal for me not to want to pay 6 times what you pay.

Exactly. And the whole point for me of buying the MP 8320 in the first place was so I wouldn't waste too much money, because I'm going to lose/break them anyway eventually... But luckily a relative of mine is going to the USA for a couple of days so he might be able to order one!

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #1,772 of 4,317

Quote:

To me it's more the fact that for some it's 7$ and for me it's 42$. I think it's only normal for me not to want to pay 6 times what you pay.

I'd be happy to order you one. I want everyone to hear the 8320 :)

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #1,773 of 4,317
I can see being annoyed by that, yeah. And given the build quality it is potentially not worth it; mine have developed a slowly increasing channel imbalance, I believe due to a kink in the cable...the sound is up there with $100 phones though, so if they will be used delicately at home, I'd say it's hardly a poor deal at $37, especially considering they have a rather balanced, inoffensive signature; they aren't a "risk" in this sense.

If there is enough interest concentrated within a single landmass, I would be willing to facilitate a group buy. It's been done multiple times before.

Quote:

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #1,774 of 4,317
Gilly87,

I see that you are also using the Voodoo Sound mod? I have a Nexus S myself, with the Wolfson WM8994 DAC. I'm not really sure if the G2x has the same but I how is the sound quality combined with the MP 8320?

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #1,775 of 4,317
The G2x does use the same WM8994; the software is different from Samsung phones and doesn't have compatibility with all of the same EQ features in Voodoo, but I have DSP manager for that :)

They sound great, in my opinion. They fall somewhere between my old CX400-II and Shure SE215 in terms of all-around sound quality. I prefer them to the CX, they don't have as much midbass hump, the treble is more natural (CX are slightly v-shaped) and the mids are more liquid, less grainy. Vocals have a little less air than the CX but have better timbre and sound noticeably more natural.

The bass is nicely extended, dynamics are good, overall a balanced sound with a slight lift in the bass. Actually they are similar to the SE215 in terms of presentation; dynamics aren't as good but the treble is more extended and soundstage has similar width; the SE215 is deeper, though. The whole sound is a touch granier than SE215 and it's not as detailed, especially in the mids, but overall I think it's a favorable comparison for the 8320, considering the cost of the SE215. My CX were about $75 on Amazon when I bought them; I realize now what a ridiculous ripoff that was. They are better sounding than apple buds or the crappy $50 noise cancelling Sonys that I see everyone wearing on the train, but compared to what's out there, I'd pay maybe $30-$40 for them.

That said, I really wish the 8320s had a more usable form factor...I commute via train and the isolation is crap...if they had the form factor of the CX or SE215, they would probably be my only IEM.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #1,776 of 4,317

Quote:
The G2x does use the same WM8994; the software is different from Samsung phones and doesn't have compatibility with all of the same EQ features in Voodoo, but I have DSP manager for that :)

They sound great, in my opinion. They fall somewhere between my old CX400-II and Shure SE215 in terms of all-around sound quality. I prefer them to the CX, they don't have as much midbass hump, the treble is more natural (CX are slightly v-shaped) and the mids are more liquid, less grainy. Vocals have a little less air than the CX but have better timbre and sound noticeably more natural.

The bass is nicely extended, dynamics are good, overall a balanced sound with a slight lift in the bass. Actually they are similar to the SE215 in terms of presentation; dynamics aren't as good but the treble is more extended and soundstage has similar width; the SE215 is deeper, though. The whole sound is a touch granier than SE215 and it's not as detailed, especially in the mids, but overall I think it's a favorable comparison for the 8320, considering the cost of the SE215. My CX were about $75 on Amazon when I bought them; I realize now what a ridiculous ripoff that was. They are better sounding than apple buds or the crappy $50 noise cancelling Sonys that I see everyone wearing on the train, but compared to what's out there, I'd pay maybe $30-$40 for them.

That said, I really wish the 8320s had a more usable form factor...I commute via train and the isolation is crap...if they had the form factor of the CX or SE215, they would probably be my only IEM.

Well, the other monoprice IEMs like the 8319 and the 8321 do look more comfortable. But I'm not sure about the sound quality. I don't think anyone on this forum has tried them.

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #1,777 of 4,317

Quote:
Has any tried out the ebay "chinese memory foam tips". i was curious on the comfort compared to comply since they're a fraction of the cost. something like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pairs-Memory-Foam-Earphone-Earbud-Tips-For-UE-SONY-/230755736459?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item35ba1d1b8b#ht_618wt_1165

For $5, I thought why not.  Try and match them up with my $7 IEMs.  I will put up a review when I get them, in like 3 weeks.. ha.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,779 of 4,317
Oh I wouldn't be so curious about the other earphones they have... I know you guys didn't read most of this thread but I tried most of them.. They all suck and sound like what they cost. The MP8320 is the only one that is greatness for the cost. After all this thread is not called MP earphones appreciation.

Believe me guys the other earphones aren't even gym worthy.

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #1,780 of 4,317
Bummer. Oh well, thanks for the save deezy 
beerchug.gif

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #1,781 of 4,317
Just got some of these through.

First impression of the mono prices are that they are very capable! They have clean sound have dealt well with everything that i have thrown at them, even some faster more busy stuff. They have mids that are very smooth and nice with actually quite nice detail. Bass has a very good impact and is fairly tight with a medium quantity. treble seems recessed with no sparkle. Soundstage is actually fairly expansive. Overall for the price wow so far. It is also feeling lack of texture and has a very thing sound.

Comfort wise i dint like the way fit and thing its is a unusual design which does not work to well. Become painful after a while i think as well. 

Have not tested isolation.

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #1,783 of 4,317
Mine has a break in the wire and it still sounds great. The outside mesh part came apart on mine. So my pair looks like coals with not such a solid looking cord as it is open on 2 ends. But it still works like a boss. They have held up nicely for me actually. But eventually my initial pair will get the trash. But not before I try a new cord on them.

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,784 of 4,317

Quote:
Mine has a break in the wire and it still sounds great. The outside mesh part came apart on mine. So my pair looks like coals with not such a solid looking cord as it is open on 2 ends. But it still works like a boss. They have held up nicely for me actually. But eventually my initial pair will get the trash. But not before I try a new cord on them.

MIne have that same problem, they were second hand but also sound great! Initial impressions are above!

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,785 of 4,317
Quick word of advise, if you have a cat...don't let him/her near them.  Ours seems obsessed with the MP's, I come back from work and almost every day they have been distributed somewhere random.....little crape!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back