The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #1,742 of 4,317

Quote:
Just ordered a pair. 

I've never had much to do with IEMs so I figure I've got the weekend to go out and about and find a set of replacement tips. 

What he said.....you guys ruffled my "i need new headphones this week to add to the 100's of other pairs I already have pile" feathers...

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #1,743 of 4,317

Quote:
+1 that looks awesome!

Quote:
^Like how the oranges match^ 
cool.gif

Thanks guys. 

Last night I noticed the filter was missing from my right channel. They are $7 after all huh? lol Any ideas on replacing that? I have no idea where the original filter screen is, and by the looks of the other one, it wont be long before it detatches as well, hopefully not into my ear canal

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #1,745 of 4,317

Quote:
I would just take the other one out and call it a day. It won't change the sound too much. It actually cleans it up a tiny bit actually. 

Yeah i was actually gonna say I didnt notice a difference with or without it. Guess its good to have in case of ear wax, but thats just a sign I need to clean my ears if wax starts getting all in these. Might just pull the other off. I have a spare pair if for some reason it doesnt work out. 

On another note my original feeling on these was that they were great but lacked lower end. Well i taped up the small port holes as someone suggested and now they kick something serious. I am completely satisfied with these now. I have 2 new IEMs on the way but now I'm thinking of returning them (Brainwavz M4 and Bose IE2). I'll see how they are when they arrive but I'm thinking I'll dedicate the IE2's for exercises as I've heard they stay in your ears great and dont seal so they'd be safe for running, for $40 it wasnt a bad deal so we'll see. For now this is the best money I've spent on headphones yet, value wise, amazing

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #1,746 of 4,317
After reading the reviews here, I bought a pair a month ago. Amazing sound quality and needed a cheap pair for when I work out because it is bound to get messed up from weight falling, popping out while running, etc. Anyways, I had an issue with the headphones, which was the connection became bad, where one of the ears stopped working after 3 weeks. then a few days later the other ear stopped working. I got another pair from Monoprice from the warranty, so I'm not an angry customer, but am I the only one here who experienced a short lifetime with these headphones? I don't expect top quality from $7 headphones, but I'd expect them to last more than 3 weeks. I plan on ordering a bunch more, but I feel less inclined after my first pair's short lifespan.

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #1,747 of 4,317
With these headphones, none of the details mask others, everything is heard and with good timbre, and great balance through to the lower treble. They sound great with modern recordings that are too bright. Ive never heard a headphone remotely this cheap active this. And man that bass is super sweet sounding. Just the right amount of impact, maybe just slightly emphasized. I can't stop listening to these things.

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #1,748 of 4,317
With these headphones, none of the details mask others, everything is heard and with good timbre, and great balance through to the lower treble. They sound great with modern recordings that are too bright. Ive never heard a headphone remotely this cheap active this. And man that bass is super sweet sounding. Just the right amount of impact, maybe just slightly emphasized. I can't stop listening to these things.

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #1,749 of 4,317

Quote:

Lol! Eyedrop. I am glad you are getting your monies worth. You might be surprised but believe it or not the iem the is the upgrade to this particular sound is the Sony EX600. At X15 the cost it better right. If you haven't tried these on a small amp like a Fiio E11. These things sound crazy good on a small amp. It expands the sounds on them and has a bigger cleaner overall sound.

Mar 31, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #1,750 of 4,317
I bought the Brainwavz M2 a month ago. Absolutely loved them in combination with my Nexus S with the Voodoo Sound mod!

But when one of the earbuds stopped working and I lost them, I realized that it was a waste of money. So I started searching for some cheaper IEMs, a pair that I can actually afford losing or breaking. And then I stumbled upon the Monoprice 8320. Look ugly, and I hope they will fit me, but who the **** cares for 7 dollar, right?

There's only one problem: I live in the Netherlands. 7 Dollar is fun and all, but according to monoprice.com the shipping costs are an astonishing 30 dollar. Why even ship to Europe? I am searching for them in countries in Europe like Germany and the UK, in hope for lower shipping rates, but without luck.

So how did other head-fi members deal with this problem? Buy them from other nice American head-fi members? I've heard about some guy named "some1" that sold a couple of them a while ago. But in the end I'd rather not ship from the US, since it's going to cost me a lot relative to the original price anyway. I've tried websites like myUS, but the shipping costs aren't getting any lower.

Thanks in advance!
Androyed

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #1,752 of 4,317
I have written into Monoprice a few weeks ago about this and their customer service rep neither told me if they're going to offer alternative shipping services nor denied it. It'd be a great idea if we could all write in and they'd see a real demand for cheaper international shipping. The courier service is just.. ridiculous. I guess I'll just wait until they offer something else.

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #1,753 of 4,317
Got mine in today. Since I'm not really an IEM user, my initial impressions weren't very impressive. I let them sit playing for a few hours, found the proper positioning in my ears, and plugged them into my amped output instead of my iPod.
Wow. Seriously cool stuff for $7. I can't wait to rock these at work.

Though, since they do sound so much better for me while amped, I am considering getting a FiiO E5 now. Any opinions on the combo with these 8320s, a FiiO E5, and my iPod Touch 4G as the source?

Mar 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #1,755 of 4,317

Quote:
Got mine in today. Since I'm not really an IEM user, my initial impressions weren't very impressive. I let them sit playing for a few hours, found the proper positioning in my ears, and plugged them into my amped output instead of my iPod.
Wow. Seriously cool stuff for $7. I can't wait to rock these at work.

Though, since they do sound so much better for me while amped, I am considering getting a FiiO E5 now. Any opinions on the combo with these 8320s, a FiiO E5, and my iPod Touch 4G as the source?

If you can afford just a bit more and get a E11..That is the way to go imo.. The E11 is a great portable amp and about the size of a deck of cards. They are great and easy to use in every way. I have a E5 is ok but it doesn't come close to the the E11. The E5 is heavily source dependent so if you have a moderate to weak source the volume increase is not that great. On a more power Dap you will notice more amplification. The E11 can make any source powerful while the E5 will be good on some but not so great on other players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back