The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 16, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #1,067 of 4,317

Quote:
Walk gently... for you walk on our dreams.

I wasn't intending to discourage anyone from buying these.  I think they're absolutely unbelievable for the price.  They're just not as good as the UE700's.  Wish I had some more lower-end IEMs to try.  

Quote:
Quote:

The lack of seal (or sense of it) is largely due to the large port at the base of the nozzle. I covered it with tape and then poked a small hole (with needle) in the tape to give it some air. Increased the bass response, of course, but I now get a sense of a seal. I was always getting a seal in terms of the tip fitting in my ear canal, but with it so open it seemed I wasn't getting a seal. Tape fixed that.

I'm getting a good seal.  They're just pretty annoying to get a good seal with..

...has anyone tried the bi or tri flange tips from monster turbines with these? 

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #1,068 of 4,317
Well, got my own.  Unable to get a seal with stock tips (well, I felt like I got some seal at one point but I doubt it, unless they're majorly inefficient... I need to pump the volume WAY up), I'll try tonight with some from my extensive tips collection.

Those stock tips are slightly smaller than normal medium tips it seems, which, together with the huge frackin' housing, equals fit problems.

Without seal it's probably not worth much, but first impressions aren't too bad, though treble lacks sparkle.  But I'm actually surprised, they've got promise.  Unlike the Kanen KM-92 which I just can't tolerate at all ever since I got the Xears TD-100s, they were listenable, so it looks like there's decent drivers in there.

More impressions to follow.

I hope I have some double flanges that'll like them, because I'm one of those whose ears really dislike the housing.  If they really needed something that large they could have just made the tube longer...

Glad I got that package, I really needed those CAT6 cables I ordered at the same time...

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #1,069 of 4,317
MEP-744 Aka Mp 8322
The most expensive Mp earphones @ $7.38. So what does your extra .27 extra over the 8320 get you? The real diamonds for one..

I can safely say the MP 8320 is the best earphones MP has. These have nothing to do with hi-fi. What does it sound like? They sound like $7.38 earphones. Why do they cost more than the Mp 8320 $7.11? It is all about the Diamonds!..Ladies and gents. Stay away. I know the bling is attractive, only if they sound like the way they look.

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #1,070 of 4,317

Quote:
MEP-744 Aka Mp 8322
The most expensive Mp earphones @ $7.38. So what does your extra .27 extra over the 8320 get you? The real diamonds for one..

I can safely say the MP 8320 is the best earphones MP has. These have nothing to do with hi-fi. What does it sound like? They sound like $7.38 earphones. Why do they cost more than the Mp 8320 $7.11? It is all about the Diamonds!..Ladies and gents. Stay away. I know the bling is attractive, only if they sound like the way they look.

I ordered some but for my little cousin who I'm giving one of my old mp3 players for Xmas.  He doesn't know anything about SQ he just wants to act grown up with an mp3 player but it thought the little fake diamonds would be something he'd like.

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #1,071 of 4,317
Quote:

Guess my 8322's are going to my sister then. She insisted on me giving her the cheapest buds I have, since she cares little for their sound quality. I've tried convincing her time and time again, but her loss... 
biggrin.gif
 Thanks for the impressions Nutman. 
smile.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #1,073 of 4,317
Way to throw the sub sounding iem to the family guys. Lol!!  I was curious about these myself enough to try them. They aren't horrible they can pass as a gift to others and they look unique with the gem on the end. They have decent balanced sound and they don't do too much of one thing or another. Oh wait I have been burning them in. They are opening up a bit and what you know they have decent bass impact. The clarity don't touch the 8320s however. Not bad. They only come with a smaller mid sized tip.I think as a gift you guys aren't gonna be looked at badly. They sound pretty good. A bit warm sounding not bad at all. I would say these are good for the money..I am surprised they sound much better with a bit of a burn. I will continue to burn them as see if they change.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #1,075 of 4,317
Well, further (partial) impressions:

Did get a seal, both with MEE double flanges and Sony Hybrids.  It's one of the few earphones that actually need real hybrids for me, the fakes won't work.  That's a first...  Both fits are uncomfortable, hybrids because the darn housing rubs my ear wrong, and double flanges because they itch (never liked double flanges much).  Tried the VSonic large double flanges, but the MEE are slightly less itchy because the core is softer.

Those aren't bass monsters by any means, though they seem to respond well to EQing.  From a quick listen, I find them much less bassy than the Xears TD100-II (not suprising) and the Brainwavz M1 (that would surprise some, but I actually find the M1 to be pretty bassy).  I'll compare to my GR07 when I get some time tomorrow.

I'm surprised by the treble, it's better than I thought it would be.  Also, unlike my other cheap pairs, they have little "veil"; clarity is pretty good.

They seem to be relatively fast drivers, they handle Versailles' Silent Knight surprisingly well.

Haven't done that much AB and out of time tonight, but in general, they're more pleasing than I expected.  Still, there's something weird in their balance I can't quite put my finger on, or maybe I'm just too much of a novice to express it.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #1,077 of 4,317

Quote:
Saying they're 90% of the EX600 is a bit generous IMO, but they certainly share a similar sound-sig.

Ditto. The main difference between these and top-tiers is refinement. These are more like the big ugly rough diamond everyone was raving about in the movie Blood Diamond. The GR07, Ex600, etc are the finished, polished stones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back