The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 13, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #962 of 4,317

Quote:
Seriously, I'm listening to these right now and I don't know how they're this good. Like, what the #@&%. My brain doesn't want to believe these can sound so good for $9 (with shipping). It's just...insane. Aside from general usability and comfort issues, these do nothing wrong. Sure, they can be a bit sibilant on some tracks but they're 9 freaking dollars. You can't fault something that's 9 dollars for not being amazing at everything. Like...wow. I've spent far more money on earphones that don't sound half as good as these. Just...wow.

You know what. I bet with some good burn in that sibilance you are talking about will go away.. My pair has none on any track.. Guys I am thinking good burn as in over 100 hours.. I have used mine going on close to 200 hours and I can tell you there is no sibilance on my pair what so ever.

Everyone, even the guys that have had them from the initial batch.. Continue to burn them.. It couldn't hurt let me put it that way.. I have no sibilance in fact I add some extra high end to my eQ which adds just the right amount of sparkle.. DO IT!

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #963 of 4,317

Quote:
Will the tips from a ultimate ears 100 fit on the 8320? Had some extra tips from my monsters turbine pro copper, but they were too small to fit. Heard tips from ue 100 are same as 700 or tf10.

I'm using UE tips on mine, they fit perfectly.  On the other hand, Sennheiser IE series tips do not fit - too loose.  Haven't tried Sony hybrids yet, but if they fit Ultimate Ears (they are on mine) then they should fit this.

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #964 of 4,317

Quote:
Quote:

Come on fellas', quit slacking! Jump aboard the hype train already!
evil_smiley.gif

Yeessssss

VoldySmiling.jpg

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #965 of 4,317

Quote:

These newer headphone rebrand companies seem to pop up every year. That headphone they have on here look like the kicker Hp541/ monoprice djs.. And a lot of their earphones look like MEELectronics. I suppose there is no law against rebranding a rebrand. Lol!!
Why? Cuz this sounds freaking off the hook with the 8320s.. Love this tune! Throw it on.

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #967 of 4,317
i2ehan, you've heard the CC51s right? Do you prefer these 8320s over them? They've been my favorite midrange model so I'll try and compare them soon. I'll have to dust off my OG Turbines as well and see how they stack up. I think these should fare well against some good midrange 'phones. I mainly brought up the X10 to illustrate the huge price differential between these and a "high-end" IEM.

We need to come up with a better name for these! Something catchy. The Monoprice UFO? The Monoprice Surprise Rape?

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #968 of 4,317
Quote:
What? A $7.11 iem?  Psst please... "Don't listen to this Dsnuts. He is crazy".. I don't look so crazy now do I .. Ya keep em coming. Lol!! Why is it that the owners of higher end Iems seem to be the most impressed with these?

Everyone appreciates an in-ear that performs well above it's price, irrespective of where they're coming from. 
smile.gif

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #972 of 4,317

Quote:
lol, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated... :wink:
Ok guys, don't wanna spoil the party, I'm in if I can get them at reasonable shipping costs.

if you need it, one of us can just buy one and send it to you using priority shipping from usps. It would probably cost you $25 total, including the cost of the iem

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #973 of 4,317
Quote:
if you need it, one of us can just buy one and send it to you using priority shipping from usps. It would probably cost you $25 total, including the cost of the iem

I was just going to suggest the very same. I don't mind. Just PM me if need be, my friend. 
smile.gif

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #974 of 4,317
Yep, definitely more balanced. I know some people have mentioned a mid-bass hump, but it's pretty insignificant IMO. These have a similar bass quantity to the EX600/1000, maybe a wee bit more. I also haven't found mine to be particularly harsh or sibilant. Using Hybrids on them.

Quote:
Quote:

Indeed, I do prefer the 8320, as I find them much more balanced, and with a bit of EQ, they perform just as well. 
smile.gif

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #975 of 4,317

Quote:
Yep, definitely more balanced. I know some people have mentioned a mid-bass hump, but it's pretty insignificant IMO. These have a similar bass quantity to the EX600/1000, maybe a wee bit more. I also haven't found mine to be particularly harsh or sibilant. Using Hybrids on them.

It really is an amazing value. I like mine with the vents covered. It warms up the sound a wee bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back