The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 11, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #931 of 4,317
After a few hours of listening, I was removing the 8320's and experienced a good bit of discomfort when removing them. I realized I hadn't noticed it initially, upon wearing them, but owing to the rather bulky size of the housing, they had been slightly impinging on my inner ear cartilage the entire time. Not a good feeling once they're removed. Anyways, I refuse to give in that easily, especially when I'm enjoying their sound to no end. Well, as they say ladies and gents, when there's a will, there's always a way. The 8320 isn't smoothly rounded, and has these little protrusions coming off of the rounded edges in doublets, which were pushing uncomfortably against my ear. Those with the 8320 will know what I'm speaking of. So I got to work, reached for my handy nail filer, and trimmed off the protrusions, and finally, smoothed off the edges. I plugged them in, and voila, no more pushing against my ear, improving both fit and comfort. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #934 of 4,317
Nice comfort mod.. To cover the plastic part you shaved off you should try maybe a permanent marker? Or those metallic paint marker..That would conceal the file marks.But then it ain't like anyone will noticed you have filed off those ridges so no big deal I suppose.  Mine is scuffed I might have to maybe shave off the housing and repaint them all together.. Hmm that is a thought.

To let you guys know I did end up getting those noise canceling headphones.. They aren't bad and are surprising in that they actually work pretty good but the problem with them is that if you have an average to a large sized noggin you will feel the clamp... Basically if you have a pin head or a abnormally small sized head they should be much more comfy but the clamp on those are only second to the pro700MK2s.. They sound ok nothing special.. On higher volumes the bass distorts.. For a cheaper noise cancelling headphone it is ok but the clamp is a killer and will not loosen up on those as the size of the phones are smallish.

If you guys are curious about their headphones at all the Kicker rebrands their DJ cans are the best sounding and most proper can they have for a full size.. The other headphones I would skip on.

Those portable speakers look decent might have to get some of those for the laptop maybe next time I get some stuff from them.. They also have a decent sounding 5.1 cheaper speaker set up as well..

Dec 12, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #935 of 4,317
The IEM arrived. Thanks to the UK/EU group buy organisation.

I am letting them bun in for a day or two. After a quick listen I noticed good clarity but congested sound. I hope they open up.
I tried 3 different kind of tips, none were really good. The stock tips are not crap but don't work with this IEM. I also tried hifiman big bi-flanges and tri-flanges I got with my Hisound Crystal. The fit is weird, even worse than with Radius DDM v1. The cable is similar to the DDM cable and that's bad. 

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #936 of 4,317
I got mine a few days ago, and it's honestly shocking that these are $7.  I feel like it shouldn't be possible to get ANY iem's for $7, let alone ones this good . . . it's just not right.

That said, the cable is seriously awful and I can't seem to get these things to be comfortable for extended periods.  I'll keep at it and perhaps post some short comparisons to the MEE M6, M9 and SoundMagic PL50 later.  Personally I'm not sure I can really find a use for these, but they weren't exactly expensive and I was curious.  I don't think I'll be listening to them much though.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #937 of 4,317
Mine should be delivered today... cannot wait to see if Dsnuts is somehow causing auditory hallucination on the scale spanning several continents.

SOC

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #938 of 4,317

Quote:
Mine should be delivered today... cannot wait to see if Dsnuts is somehow causing auditory hallucination on the scale spanning several continents.

SOC

Lol! My friend. You know that I am. It is magic just magic.. Wait till you hear these.. Good to see you on the threads. Your lucky you got in on the most recent batch. That lasted a whole 3 days.

There seems to be guys selling these for a very cool buy it now on ebay for over $100.. Capitalism at its best.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #939 of 4,317

Quote:
Lol! My friend. You know that I am. It is magic just magic.. Wait till you hear these.. Good to see you on the threads. Your lucky you got in on the most recent batch. That lasted a whole 3 days.

There seems to be guys selling these for a very cool buy it now on ebay for over $100.. Capitalism at its best.

Can you post or PM a link to these ebay auctions?

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #941 of 4,317
Mine just came - my very preliminary impression on first listen is I'm very impressed!  I was bracing for them to sound like crap, but they are extremely listenable!  And I haven't even tried better fitting tips yet.  I might keep the other two pairs I bought instead of giving them to the nephews.
wink.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #943 of 4,317
It is 4PM, and my mail PO agent is not here yet... What?  ... I got a bad feeling about my 8320

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #944 of 4,317
Well, I got mine and I'm impressed! Sounds pretty good straight out-of-the-box, and nothing about it feels cheap. I need to spend a lot more time with it but I can already tell this is an easy recommendation for an IEM on the cheap. I ain't selling my EX1000 though.
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #945 of 4,317
Monoprice support just sent me the following reply to my inquire regarding the 8320 vs 8322:
Thank you for contacting us at Monoprice.com. In regards to your inquiry, they both will have nice hi fi bass and highs to them but the only difference is the design and item PID 8322 does have a little larger rubber ear buds for the ears while item PID 8320 is known to have a slightly better sound. Item PID 8320 does have 14.2mm drivers and item PID 8322 at 9.2mm. 

Guess the 8320 is the way to go. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back