The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 7, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #781 of 4,317

Quote:
Some one sell one of your extras to Ishcabible.. Please. I would do it myself but my extra pair is going to jhumur..Anybody?

and, i am eternally grateful to Dsnuts for that :)) i just sent a long email to Monoprice Customer Service, telling them how disappointed I was to have been let down in this way, after all the time and effort I put into getting the phones; especially when i probably was one of the first ones to have ordered them. it was sheer luck, but i happened to be on the product page when they suddenly (and unexpectedly) became available on 12/2.

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #782 of 4,317
Like, even the same level of detail and everything? Controversial claim bro.

I haven't heard the 325is by the way, I'm seriously asking. :tongue_smile:

And nah, you're not crazy. if they sound good to you, brand names be damned, even if they are almost universally reviled here.

I think he meant that they have similar sound sig not sound entirely.

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #783 of 4,317
Dec 7, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #784 of 4,317

No I will rephrase my statement, the SR325's are open-air and sound cleaner, less haze and more sibilance, I said SR325 because they're the only HP I've heard that reminds me of them, but on second thought they are not so similiar, just a similiar involvement factor and type of signature.

I think these sound like $70~$110, the cable is good quality too.

From what I can tell, I think these are a synergy headphone, I'd recommend these to someone who's music focuses on vocals, percussion, and electric guitar, that is where they excel, these feel to me like they are designed for that, I love their unique sound. It's not hollow, dissonant or tacky like all the other cheap stuff.

If I was American and loved rock music I'd run to Amazon with my credit card like a hot knife through butter.

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #785 of 4,317

Quote:

No I will rephrase my statement, the SR325's are open-air and sound cleaner, less haze and more sibilance, I said SR325 because they're the only HP I've heard that reminds me of them, but on second thought they are not so similiar, just a similiar involvement factor and type of signature.

I think these sound like $70~$110, the cable is good quality too.

From what I can tell, I think these are a synergy headphone, I'd recommend these to someone who's music focuses on vocals, percussion, and electric guitar, that is where they excel, these feel to me like they are designed for that, I love their unique sound. It's not hollow, dissonant or tacky like all the other cheap stuff.

If I was American and loved rock music I'd run to Amazon with my credit card like a hot knife through butter.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #786 of 4,317

Quote:
Some one sell one of your extras to Ishcabible.. Please. I would do it myself but my extra pair is going to jhumur..Anybody?

I'd rather get a new one, since it's an excuse for me to buy a MIDI cable from there, along with like a ton of other cables... But thanks! I'd ask if someone could loan me a pair, but it'd end up costing as much as the things themselves. I have a Tinyear and maybe a V-Moda Bass Freq (Just because. Well, it's $8 and I needed to add something to get free Amazon shipping. And it was supposed to be the headphone I was going to get years ago before I found out about this crazy place.) in the mail, and I'm wondering how they'll compare to the MEElectronics and Brainwavz stuff, which I'm a big fan of. I'd probably add the DUNU Trident and UE SF4 for funsies.

I never really liked the Uprock. They're veiled and well, uninspiring. Then again, I used indie music for it. Maybe I can buy a pair of those too if they're around $15 and give them to my sister if I hate them. Or use them as a fosterphone. It'll be a stretch though, since I'm saving up for other stuff. If people can definitively tell me the Bass Freqs suck then I'll remove them and buy the Uprocks instead.

Dec 8, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #789 of 4,317

Quote:
and, i am eternally grateful to Dsnuts for that :)) i just sent a long email to Monoprice Customer Service, telling them how disappointed I was to have been let down in this way, after all the time and effort I put into getting the phones; especially when i probably was one of the first ones to have ordered them. it was sheer luck, but i happened to be on the product page when they suddenly (and unexpectedly) became available on 12/2.

Ah crap. They'd better not do that to me, considering how my order for the 8320 (also incidental like yours, since I happened to visit the product page that day) turned into some huge order with lots of other stuff thrown in. I'm even using a package forwarder to get my stuff to me (out of the US) at slightly more reasonable shipping rates, so I'll be pretty upset if they forgot my 8320s...

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #790 of 4,317
I am willing to do one more groupbuy for those interested in Europe and the UK, best to get started now, so when they come back in stock we can hopefully get them before they go out of stock again, anyone interested please PM me

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #794 of 4,317

Quote:
Ah crap. They'd better not do that to me, considering how my order for the 8320 (also incidental like yours, since I happened to visit the product page that day) turned into some huge order with lots of other stuff thrown in. I'm even using a package forwarder to get my stuff to me (out of the US) at slightly more reasonable shipping rates, so I'll be pretty upset if they forgot my 8320s...

vincom2, i do hope things work out for me. maybe, it was just a packaging mishap in my case. that would seem to make sense since the headphones were listed on the packing slip.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #795 of 4,317

Quote:
I am willing to do one more groupbuy for those interested in Europe and the UK, best to get started now, so when they come back in stock we can hopefully get them before they go out of stock again, anyone interested please PM me

if they sound awesome i am interested :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back