The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 19, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #136 of 4,317

Quote:
As far as bigger drivers go, the Philips SHE5920 have 15mm for $22. http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHE5920-Virtual-Surround-Headphones/dp/tech-data/B000QS0ZH4/ref=de_a_smtd I used to love them before i got in Hi-FI, i always knew i wanted sound quality but this was top of the budget for me, maybe i should recable some broken ones and audition them now that i now what good sound sounds like.  They do use weird tips though.
Also i live like two blocks away from the monoprice building, so i can pick up stuff without shipping cost if you guys are interested in a group buy to the UK or something and monoprices shipping would cost more than if i shipped them.
I probably order them today.

I think you just made a bunch of our Euro friends very happy.
ksc75smile.gif

As per those Philips. Do those actually emit a virtual surround on those? If so Ultrasone gotta take note.

Nov 19, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #138 of 4,317

Quote:
I got mine, Testing is commencing now. :)

Oh damn.!! 
popcorn.gif
You burn those in? I bet not. Not too much is needed but they do benefit from some loosening.  If your lucky the smallish tips that comes with might fit right for you if not I would try some other tips from other Iems you have.  I would try other tips period actually.. I wasn't too happy with the one that it came with.

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #139 of 4,317

Quote:
Oh damn.!! 
popcorn.gif
You burn those in? I bet not. Not too much is needed but they do benefit from some loosening.  If your lucky the smallish tips that comes with might fit right for you if not I would try some other tips from other Iems you have.  I would try other tips period actually.. I wasn't too happy with the one that it came with.

Doing the burn in now. I don't have the adapter I need here for the full test so the best I can do is an iPhone test tomorrow against my E2c's. I'll be able to test them better Monday, but until then they get a bit of burn in with a listen sometime later.

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #141 of 4,317

Quote:
I think you just made a bunch of our Euro friends very happy.
ksc75smile.gif

As per those Philips. Do those actually emit a virtual surround on those? If so Ultrasone gotta take note.

I don't know, i haven't listened to them in a year or so, and don't have any solder on me to recable them.
Ill find out when i get some, might not be for 4 days, as im heading out to the San Diego area for that time.  Good thing is im going to talk to my uncle and he might give me his vinyl collection.
And if anyone wants me to talk about the UK group buy, just reply or PM me.

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #142 of 4,317
@ Madcatyoji  No pressure but this thread has been viewed almost 5K times since start just 2 days ago. So there are a grip of people waiting on impressions.  No pressure at all. Lol!!

I just had a realization.. Almost 5K views since 2 days ago.. 200pcs in stock at monoprice? Don't know if there will be enough by the 2nd 3rd 4th impression. Well that is unless you guys all think they sound like  $7.11 buds. Plus there are plenty of guys buying 2 at a time. Hmm. Monoprice is wondering why these are flying off the shelf about now. Hahaha.

Nov 19, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #143 of 4,317
I just wanted to say... reading some of Dsnut's posts can make me physically ill, but the enthusiasm he has for these seemingly worthless headphones/IEMs -- and the rest of the community's reaction to this enthusiasm -- is entertaining. Keep up the good work buddy.

Still, in the pantheon of Head-fiers, he isn't as nauseating as the usual suspect single line spam posters or that turd who puts his manchild face in his avatar.

popcorn.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #144 of 4,317

Quote:
I just wanted to say... reading some of Dsnut's posts can make me physically ill, but the enthusiasm he has for these seemingly worthless headphones/IEMs -- and the rest of the community's reaction to this enthusiasm -- is entertaining. Keep up the good work buddy.

Still, in the pantheon of Head-fiers, he isn't as nauseating as the usual suspect single line spam posters or that turd who puts his manchild face in his avatar.

popcorn.gif

I will take that as a compliment. I am not your typical enthusiast. I like finding new stuff and if I didn't mention what I find no one else will.. Budget fi has its place in what we do.. Lets just say I am a bit different. There is so much written on these threads already about everything related to audio. I don't mind finding a rare phone or two that I deem worthy to introduce to others. I know for every guy that has high end equipment there will be a 1000 others that can't afford the same thing so we all read about them with envy. Maybe what I am doing is introducing a bit of that in an affordable alternative for the rest of us who can't afford to buy a HD800.

Or a $400 IEM.

So I know not everyone likes what I do or likes my style of posting..If you guys want another boring read with another description of how the sound can cut into your eardrum I suppose I can do that. But that just ain't me.. I appreciate your honesty though.

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #145 of 4,317

Quote:
I will take that as a compliment. I am not your typical enthusiast. I like finding new stuff and if someone didn't mention what I find no one else will.. Budget fi has its place in what we do.. Lets just say I am a bit different. There is so much written on these threads already about everything related to audio. I don't mind finding a rare phone or two that I deem worthy to introduce to others. I know for every guy that has high end equipment there will be a 1000 others that can't afford the same thing so we all read about them with envy. Maybe what I am doing is introducing a bit of that in an affordable alternative for the rest of us who can't afford to buy a HD800.Or a $400 IEM.So I know not everyone likes what I do or likes my style of posting..If you guys want another boring read with another description of how the sound can cut into your eardrum I suppose I can do that. But that just ain't me.. I appreciate your honesty though.

I like this guy. I hope his Monoprices live up to the hype, and not just because I want some good cheap IEMs 
etysmile.gif

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #146 of 4,317
Dsnuts is doing his patriotic duty for our stagnant economy.  Monoprice has great shipping within CONUS.  It's just the international buyers that get the short end of the stick.  I usually put in a $30-50 order for various cables, interconnects, and random electronics from Monoprice every few weeks.  Shipping is never more than several bucks, and generally arrives within 1-2 days.

Unfortunately, we're hitting the Christmas season in the US, and this one looks like it'll be a lot busier then the last few Christmases, so it'll be taking longer to receive shipments :frowning2:  Some of my Amazon Prime orders are mysteriously reporting over a week for arrival, even if they ship the same day.  I wonder if UPS is getting overwhelmed.

Anyway, I passed on the OP's recommendation and got these Monoprice IEMs instead (IEMs with inline mic).  I'm sure some people on the west coast received their earphones today.  Post those impressions!
popcorn.gif

Nov 20, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #148 of 4,317
Sorry, you can only get Monoprice branded gear through Monoprice.

Just wait until some impressions come in.  If more than a few positive impressions come in, I'm sure all of the major regions (Australia, UK, etc.) will be organizing group buys shortly.  Some group buys were already referenced earlier.

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #150 of 4,317

Quote:
I'm sure some people on the west coast received their earphones today.  Post those impressions!
popcorn.gif

i kinda hate to bring this up but i think it needs to be said; what is a reasonable expectation for a 7 dollar iem? they work? somewhat musical? don't explode? or like the kcs75 a little jem? i can hope for the last, then again i not paying a whole lot for shipping. it's more a novelty that might surprise me, hey i can hope! i find this entire thread very entertaining. even though i don't have my order i've already gotten 7 dollars worth of chuckles. tks ds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back