The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #106 of 4,317

Quote:
How do these handle electronic music like electro and trance?

I am all about Trance.. The sole reason for this thread.. These are OFF the planet good with trance!!! What is surprising is because these have a clean balance they are proper for a lot of music but trance, electronica, hiphop.. Just unreal good on these. 

These are my favorite IEMs to hear trance with actually..

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #108 of 4,317

Quote:
Skeptic reporting in. 

Don't worry, you're not alone.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #111 of 4,317
Wow I bet these are comparable to the JH16's, and for only $7.11 WOW!!  I'm gonna order 10000 of them to throw off of the Mardi Gras float that I ride on every year for Merdi Gras.  Boy, Jerry Harvey you better watch out!!  This IEM is going to put you out of business man.  The Chinese are so good at making good quality stuff aren't they?!  LOL!!!!!!  Oh man this thread is entertaining.  

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #112 of 4,317

Quote:
Wow I bet these are comparable to the JH16's, and for only $7.11 WOW!!  I'm gonna order 10000 of them to throw off of the Mardi Gras float that I ride on every year for Merdi Gras.  Boy, Jerry Harvey you better watch out!!  This IEM is going to put you out of business man.  The Chinese are so good at making good quality stuff aren't they?!  LOL!!!!!!  Oh man this thread is entertaining.  

I get the feeling you're being a tad bit sarcastic.

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #113 of 4,317

Quote:

LOL.

I was one of the first to buy and I did it purposely because I didn't think anyone else would. Anyway, I needed a backup christmas gift.

We'll see soon enough since I was one of the first to order them.

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #114 of 4,317
So let me tell you guys about my music taste. I listen to all sorts of music actually and grew up during the later 80s/ 90s listening to alternative and rock music and many what you guys would consider the beginning of the electronica Genre...Skinny puppy, front 242, ministry, nitzer ebb, the cult..  I was also the lead vocalist for my high school metal thrash band and was heavily into my metal music as well. Listened to a lot of hip hop during the later 90s/ early 2000s which imo is the best time for hiphop by far. Used to DJ to make money on the weekends. Now a days I listen to a whole lot of AVB and EDM wtih my hip hop..

That being said I also get into my mellow music as well Jazz and the occasional classical. But my roots, I have to have my bass. The majority of my headphone collection has to have it or it just don't sound complete to me.

So where does these monoprice fit into my collection? These sound easily as good as any bass heavy headphone I have..I don't blame any of you guys for being skeptic. I would be as well . I mean how is a $7.11 no named made in china budget Iem gonna sound as good as a Technics 1200 Dj headphone that Armin Van Buren uses on his sets.?

How are these gonna be as good as a DJ1 ultrasone for hiphop?.. How are these gonna sound as good as my Shure SRH440 and Sony XZ700s for rock and metal?  I wouldn't believe it..Be skeptical..

Find that crumpled up $10 in your winter jacket that was left from last year you forgot about, order one and be amazed.

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #116 of 4,317
Curious, so I bought myself a pair!

Subscribed.

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #117 of 4,317

Quote:
Curious, so I bought myself a pair!

Subscribed.

I am gonna have to stop posting stuff. It seems you get everything I start a thread on. Lol. Good to see you on this thread Souji..

I do promise my next thread will not be budget fi though. I have something brewing I think many of you guys will be very interested in.

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #118 of 4,317
Quote:
I am all about Trance.. The sole reason for this thread.. These are OFF the planet good with trance!!! What is surprising is because these have a clean balance they are proper for a lot of music but trance, electronica, hiphop.. Just unreal good on these. 

These are my favorite IEMs to hear trance with actually..

Thanks for your response. I just ordered 2 in case something ever happens to my first pair :)

I have a feeling these are going to be perfect for me, I have similar tastes like AVB, ATB, Above & Beyond, Deadmau5... I also like old school hip-hop, progressive rock/metal like Porcupine Tree and underground rap artists like Doomtree, Grieves, Eyedea, Sadistik, and Atmosphere.

Nov 19, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #119 of 4,317

Quote:

Thanks for your response. I just ordered 2 in case something ever happens to my first pair :)

I have a feeling these are going to be perfect for me, I have similar tastes like AVB, ATB, Above & Beyond, Deadmau5... I also like old school hip-hop, progressive rock/metal like Porcupine Tree and underground rap artists like Doomtree, Grieves, Eyedea, Sadistik, and Atmosphere.

You are in for a big surprise. The best $7.11 well $15 for 2 you have ever spent on anything you will throw in your ear for your music collection. Lol!

It seems these are so cheap many of you guys are getting 2 before anyone else is throwing up their impressions...Actually that is smart..I am willing to bet once a few guys throw their impressions on just how these sound the ball will roll and those 200 or so IEMs that monoprice has in stock will deplete faster than they know what to do will. Just a hunch.

With Christmas coming around the corner if I got one of these in my stocking I would love it. Your loved ones will hear the sound and think. Wow you must have spent a lot of money of these...YUP that is how I roll!! hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back