The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #31 of 4,317

Quote:
Look forward to reading some impressions.  The Monoprice headphones weren't that great, but maybe the IEMs are better.  If people like them, I'll pick up a pair with my next cable order.

That was when I ended up getting these. I have been using these earphones ever since. I have just been waiting for the right time to introduce these to the community.

Quote:
Monoprice has got to be going What??

Exactly, Ya I can see the spike in sales all of a sudden. Lol!

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #33 of 4,317
This thread has me intrigued. Think I may order up a pair or 2. Has anyone tried any of their other headphones? They have a pair that isn't in stock right now, but is $21 and has a detachable cord. Which leads me to my next question. If Monoprice can put a detachable cable on a $20 headphone, why can't every manufacturer do that???

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #34 of 4,317

Quote:
They're too cheap not to buy, so I did, too.  And for $1.88 for shipping I'm under $9.00 by a penny.  I recently acquired the JVC FXC51 so there's a reasonable comparison.  I have some crappy Skullcandy Jibs also, and a couple Sennheiser headphones too.

About the burn in, the iPhone/iPod Touch has a couple apps out there: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/burn-in/id398335029?mt=8

There's also this website: http://www.burninwave.com/

If I told you I was the one that introduced the FXC51 to Katun who introduced them to the community would you believe me?  Will you also believe me if I told you these to me sound more complete with better mids and more refined bigger bass than the FXC51s overall sounding cleaner and more smoother and fuller than the FXC51s. You will find out for yourself soon enough.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #36 of 4,317
I'll probably get mine next week and I'll let you know what I think. I'll try them in a few different configurations with different hardware. Previous experience with IEM's are: Shure E2c, Apple earbuds, Bang and olufsen and a few other cheapo's. I'll be comparing them to my UETF10's, my Shure E2c's and My Grado SR125i's

I'll post up my experiences with the following hardware once I have the chance.

Work set up:
Sony Vaio using high res FLAC files to a HifiMan EF2A running Voshkod tubes.

Home set up:
Unamped line out from my pc to a Little Dot MK III running 6hpi Gold pins and Mullard 8800's

Portable set up:
iPhone with high res apple lossless files through a LOD to PA2V2

This of course all assumes I get it and it sounds good enough to mess with. If anybody else feels like doing comparisons I'd love to read'em.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #37 of 4,317

Quote:
This thread has me intrigued. Think I may order up a pair or 2. Has anyone tried any of their other headphones? They have a pair that isn't in stock right now, but is $21 and has a detachable cord. Which leads me to my next question. If Monoprice can put a detachable cable on a $20 headphone, why can't every manufacturer do that???

Well i will just spare you from the return process..I ended up ordering just about all of the ones they have. These earphones are the clear winners in that find.. The Dj cans are good for the price but they are sold out. I just got the noise reduction one with the mic..They will actively try n squeeze your eyeballs out. Unless you have a child sized head you can throw out any type of pleasant listening with those as they are the most uncomfy headphones.. The isolation is pretty good though and the sound is a bit tinny but I would say skip on those.

The sacrifice I have to do to find a gem. Lol! Monoprice knows me well but hey I am now making up for it. They are definitely saying What!!?? Right now.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #38 of 4,317

Quote:
... If anybody else feels like doing comparisons I'd love to read'em.

Both my Westone 4 and my Monoprice were ordered on the same day, arrival and comparison are inevitable. That's quite hilarious. A cheap throw away $7.11 earphone compared to (arguably) the best universal-fit IEM on earth that cost 56x as much! 
blink.gif

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #40 of 4,317

Quote:
Both my Westone 4 and my Monoprice were ordered on the same day, arrival and comparison are inevitable. That's quite hilarious. A cheap throw away $7.11 earphone compared to (arguably) the best universal-fit IEM on earth that cost 56x as much! 
blink.gif

Ya right..! That is too funny. Everyone be like SoundFreaq a guy that isn't afraid to defy common sense. It just makes no sense. hahaha.

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #42 of 4,317

Quote:
i can't resist, i'm in.

Nice. I want impressions. And everyone that gets them please let us know what type if tips you guys are using as the sound will vary a bit just by the tips alone as you all should know... Who else.! I mean common folks,. I bet you can find $9 underneath your old couch.

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #44 of 4,317

Quote:
Listen to the nuts man guys, he can find some gems.  I am also getting a cable order ready to pull the trigger together.

Nuts, from the pic I saw on the other thread, can you wear these over the ear?  Does not look like it but curious.

Perhaps if you reverse them, using the left for right and right for left, you can wear them upside down and have the cable running up and over your ear. Hypothetically speaking anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back