The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 17, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #17 of 4,317
a 14.2mm driver... isn't that pretty gigantic for an IEM?? Maybe that's why it has such an extended range?

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #18 of 4,317

Quote:
a 14.2mm driver... isn't that pretty gigantic for an IEM?? Maybe that's why it has such an extended range?

Yeah, it is pretty big for an iem. That's one of the things that made me decide to buy a pair. I like things that are new, weird or different.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #20 of 4,317
Someone may have to design a new casing "mod" for the drivers. We'll call them... wait for it... THUNDERCANALS !!

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #21 of 4,317
Sigh, I've ordered UETF10's, a Lune Cable, a PA2V2, a silver LOD output for my iphone and a box of cigars today.... $7.11 more can't hurt, right?

Head-Fi, you really know how to exploit my addiction....

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #22 of 4,317

Quote:
Sigh, I've ordered UETF10's, a Lune Cable, a PA2V2, a silver LOD output for my iphone and a box of cigars today.... $7.11 more can't hurt, right?

Wont hurt lol. Besides, if you don't like them, everyone who's bought them is going to gift them to their least favorite nephew lol.

I really doubt though, Dsnuts, that these IEMs compete with anything $50+. Then again, I'll eat my words if otherwise.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #23 of 4,317

Quote:
More comments on the build quality? It looks pretty poorly built and the paint would chip fairly easily, but that's just based on the pictures :)

Well the chord is a bit thin which is a bit worrisome but they have held together pretty good actually..And on the housing I can tell the metallic paint on there is very thick. I accidently dropped mine several times and it didn't chip off. But even if it does it will probably be cheaper to just buy another pair than try to fix it some how.

Oh yea thanks to all you guys for sticking up for me. I appreciate it. 

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #24 of 4,317
Giant killer confirmed?
tongue.gif
  I have a few small things to order from Monoprice but they are so cheap i don't bother until i have a legit item to buy and throw those in, i think i found my legit item.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #25 of 4,317

Quote:

Like I said wait till you guys hear these.. I have been waiting for the right time to post about these..I truly believe it is because of the big drivers these emit such big clean sound.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #26 of 4,317

Quote:

You make it sound like you just payed $711 dollars. Hahaha. $7.11 man . You don't complain about a $7.11 earphone. lol!! Glad to have you on board.. I am eagerly awaiting all your impressions on these. I have a sneaking feeling these will sell out much like the HTF600s have on my other thread numerous times. One thing that I know though. I don't think monoprice will increase the cost on them..

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #28 of 4,317
Look forward to reading some impressions.  The Monoprice headphones weren't that great, but maybe the IEMs are better.  If people like them, I'll pick up a pair with my next cable order.

Nov 17, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #29 of 4,317

Quote:
Wont hurt lol. Besides, if you don't like them, everyone who's bought them is going to gift them to their least favorite nephew lol.

I really doubt though, Dsnuts, that these IEMs compete with anything $50+. Then again, I'll eat my words if otherwise.

Be prepared to eat some some words  hahaha.. Lets just say once all you guys get them I expect full experiences with them good or bad..Be realistic guys they are indeed less than $10 but I can certainly guarantee you have never heard anything of this quality at this price. Play all your music on them.. So far as burn in music goes I use DnB and Dub Step myself.  There is nothing like good hard Bass lines to punch out them drivers..

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #30 of 4,317
They're too cheap not to buy, so I did, too.  And for $1.88 for shipping I'm under $9.00 by a penny.  I recently acquired the JVC FXC51 so there's a reasonable comparison.  I have some crappy Skullcandy Jibs also, and a couple Sennheiser headphones too.

About the burn in, the iPhone/iPod Touch has a couple apps out there: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/burn-in/id398335029?mt=8

There's also this website: http://www.burninwave.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back