The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #2,911 of 4,317
the mono handles any genre I throw at it from old school metal to coltrane and everything in between , this is what I hear as balanced sound. Very fresh sound. every instrument is reproduced without odd color, but still gives the natural color of my various recordings and instruments. The bass is articulat, treble is very accurate if not super extended, Dynamics are there and the midrange detail is astounding. Not so much high end detail but midrange detail where emotion is in music

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #2,912 of 4,317
just bought more sets !
smile.gif
  strings and wind instruments sound fantasticly accurate and sweet to my ears in particular, but just about everything does....it has just the right balance or 'air' and balls, which is hard to find ime. Not super airy like an rs grado but not overly thick or punchy either......

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #2,913 of 4,317
Quote:
Does anyone know who is behind this monoprice CO? Sounds like their other offerings however are not spectacular? and perhaps this one was a happy accident?

Somewhere in this wonderfully long thread, it does show a link of the original manufacturer (which is not Monoprice).  If I find it, I will edit this post.

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #2,917 of 4,317
I feel like the 8320 could play better sound than I'm capable of producing with my hardware and EQing. It's like the 8320 is just laughing at me."Is this the best you got?"

It's balanced, pleasant and interesting. I can enjoy listening all day without feeling beat up.

I'm no audiophile, but it really seems they try to do that 20 Hz to 20 kHz very hard. No small feat with such a tiny driver as we know. With the tape mod it becomes boomy and needs another round of eqing. With the Tape mod, bass sounds similar my ksc75 but I think I like the 8320 better and no tape as it tends to open up the lows.

Bottom line and after a while with them, I think there is plenty to adjust to taste or do nothing and enjoy it's balance.

Sure, they are a beast get on, and the seal is critical but they sound amazing when you do. They beat my MHC1 by a considerable margin.

Thanks should really go out to dsnuts so that now we all can have an IEM that sounds so good and costs so little. I for one will get real enjoyment out of these, plus give these for gifts so others can enjoy them as well.

Thanks DSnuts!

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #2,918 of 4,317
Oh, here's another thing I found out. Like someone else said in this thread, I tried larger than normal tip. They didn't go in the canal as far but made a much better seal outside the ear canal. This works pretty well too.

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #2,921 of 4,317
Quote:
still searching for who actually made this....If he is an individaual, he may have a great sense of humor and desire for the everyman to experience a certain type of sound. A robin hood type archetype. There is also the chance that this is just a happy accident produced by a megamonolyth company. I hope it's the former but either way.......

This is what your looking for. These guys made the MP-8320 and many others we don't know about.http://ocvaco.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008825347043/Homepage.htm

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #2,922 of 4,317
I was skeptical about them but just to hear for myself, I got one and was pleasantly surprised by what I heard. Simply the best bang for buck iem I have bought since getting into this hobby of ours. It's really showing it true capabilities after a couple hours of burn in and using T400 comply tips. I'm listening to them right now and to my ears, they have a good balance sound across the FR and offers a very musical experience. As mentioned by many, getting the fit with a suitable tip for oneself is critical to really appreciate them. Though it did took me some time for me to get the right tip to give me the best fit to start enjoying them. Cheers.

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #2,924 of 4,317
I feel like the 8320 could play better sound than I'm capable of producing with my hardware and EQing. It's like the 8320 is just laughing at me."Is this the best you got?"

It's balanced, pleasant and interesting. I can enjoy listening all day without feeling beat up.

I'm no audiophile, but it really seems they try to do that 20 Hz to 20 kHz very hard. No small feat with such a tiny driver as we know. With the tape mod it becomes boomy and needs another round of eqing. With the Tape mod, bass sounds similar my ksc75 but I think I like the 8320 better and no tape as it tends to open up the lows.

Bottom line and after a while with them, I think there is plenty to adjust to taste or do nothing and enjoy it's balance.

Sure, they are a beast get on, and the seal is critical but they sound amazing when you do. They beat my MHC1 by a considerable margin.

Thanks should really go out to dsnuts so that now we all can have an IEM that sounds so good and costs so little. I for one will get real enjoyment out of these, plus give these for gifts so others can enjoy them as well.

Thanks DSnuts!

If you give them away as gifts, try installing a pair of Comply T-400 tips on them, it will make it a lot easier for the person your giving them to to get a good seal and fit the first time.

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #2,925 of 4,317
Quote:
 great 30/300hz I'm certain.

I'm certain of it too. I don't have mine amped. Mostly just on my Galaxy Note II with the Wolsen DAC and it's whopping 2w output + Poweramp. Like Dsnuts says "It will shake your eyeballs".
They may hit 20, not cleanly but think I hear it trying.

I'm not doing the tape mod. It made the lows too muddy and clouded up the mids and highs. That port they drilled seems to help balance the amount of sound. Someone was listening closely and had a great idea in drilling that hole to tune the output. It works. Other than tips, I agree, forget the mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back