The Modern Progressive Rock Appreciation Thread.
May 5, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #198 of 203

Storm Corrosion
Collab by Steven Wilson and the Singer of Opeth
very ambient but me likes and maybe not that what you would expect i heard people saying.

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #200 of 203
BIt of a bump to say that at long last I am finally getting The Flower Kings stuff.  Any other recommendations along those lines?

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #201 of 203
Quote:
BIt of a bump to say that at long last I am finally getting The Flower Kings stuff.  Any other recommendations along those lines?

Yes, its got a bit quiet in here.
I haven't heard the Flower Kings yet...on my list to get around to.

However, I am led to believe they are in the same vein as Karmakanic. I have their Boss in the Factory album...which reminds me, I haven't listened to it in a while....time to dig it out.

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #202 of 203

I would think to look here : Nordic Prog Rock Appreciation thread

At worst, if you don't have any, don't sleep on Anglagard.

Haven't listened much to Flower Kings in a while. I'll probably break out "Retropolis" or "Stardust We Are" at some point.

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #203 of 203
My favorite music is Progressive Rock & Modern...aka...Neo Progressive Rock.
Of the newer Progressive Rock, this would be my list of favorite & most listened to:

Anything Steven Wilson is associated with, such as Porcupine Tree, No Man, Blackfield, & all his solo efforts. The guy is a genius! Take his newest solo recording for a ride. "The Raven that Refused to Sing, Produced & Mixed by Alan Parsons, & you will see what I mean.
Anathema, especially their last 2 efforts; "Weather Systems" & their latest release, "Distant Satellites". Very moody & ethereal.
Opeth
Storm Corrosion
Transatlantic
Spock's Beard
Neal Morse
Pendragon
Dream Theater
Rush
Many, many others.
I am listening to these at the present. Give them a sample, you might dig some of them....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back