The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Mar 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #317 of 1,080

Quote:
already liked him on fb.....he's almost there!

I don't have FB, so I can't like him. I asked him on twitter how it was going but he didn't answer me. 
mad.gif

Gonna have to ask my wife to like him for me, because he seems like a pretty good guy even if this turns out to be a PR stunt. Some on sherdog are claiming it's just a PR stunt and that he never even intended on losing the weight. Me, I don't know, I don't really care either. It's just for fun, and if he loses the weight, good for him.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #318 of 1,080

Quote:
I don't have FB, so I can't like him. I asked him on twitter how it was going but he didn't answer me. 
mad.gif

Gonna have to ask my wife to like him for me, because he seems like a pretty good guy even if this turns out to be a PR stunt. Some on sherdog are claiming it's just a PR stunt and that he never even intended on losing the weight. Me, I don't know, I don't really care either. It's just for fun, and if he loses the weight, good for him.

I hope it is not a PR stunt for his own good. I honestly don't know how he will be able to manage fighting Bigfoot, he is a superheavyweight cutting down to HW. If he went down to LHW he would be top 5 for sure, and probably would fight for the belt in a year, but I would only give him a puncher's chance against Bones.
confused_face.gif
that dude is a beast.

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #319 of 1,080

Quote:
I hope it is not a PR stunt for his own good. I honestly don't know how he will be able to manage fighting Bigfoot, he is a superheavyweight cutting down to HW. If he went down to LHW he would be top 5 for sure, and probably would fight for the belt in a year, but I would only give him a puncher's chance against Bones.
confused_face.gif
that dude is a beast.

I don't think he will be able to win against Bigfoot if he doesn't connect with some really hard punch. I have a feeling that Bigfoot has an advantage over Nelson in practically every department, and is bigger and stronger. That said, Bigfoot is not unbeatable or extraordinary in any sense. I just think Bigfoot will be too much for Nelson. But really, who knows.. Nelson is not to be taken lightly either and he has that heart of a lion thing going for him.

Against Bones? No, I don't give Nelson much of chance against him either. Bones is becoming quite a legend right now, and the worst part is that I don't really like him. He keeps crushing my dreams of seeing anyone put a beating on him. Machida was pretty good in the first round though, and while he lost, he might've exposed Jones a bit there. It seems to me that Jones really doesn't like to get hit. We'll see, Rashad's got some mighty powerful hooks and overhand right, so he might just send Jones away with a hail mary there. Kind of hoping Rashad would be the one to dethrone Jones too. I don't even know why, as I've disliked him in the past, but I think he's been overlooked too much in the division. He is one of the best LHWs out there.

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #320 of 1,080

Quote:

It seems to me that Jones really doesn't like to get hit.

His chin doesn't look like it could take a solid punch and not go to sleep immediately (similar to Struve). So my hope for that entire division is that Suga feels that he is losing the fight and just goes wild throwing punches and catches Bones....if that don't happen I think he will eventually move to heavyweight looking for new challenges.

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #323 of 1,080

Quote:
His chin doesn't look like it could take a solid punch and not go to sleep immediately (similar to Struve). So my hope for that entire division is that Suga feels that he is losing the fight and just goes wild throwing punches and catches Bones....if that don't happen I think he will eventually move to heavyweight looking for new challenges.

Agreed. 

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #325 of 1,080

Quote:
Its not possible to tell if a person's chin can take a punch by looking at it.  While I trained, its said that cardio plays a large part in not getting KOed.  Of course there is protecting yourself and movement but looking at someone... nah...

Well, I think we're both looking at his reactions and not the physical appearence when we say he doesn't look like he likes to be hit/"can't take a punch". Obviously there are many factors and indicators when trying to analyze whether or not someone is able to take a punch - but I think the way Jones reacted to Machidas punch was very similar to how Lesnar reacted to getting hit. Of course, no one likes to get hit in the face. But there are fighters that doesn't seem to mind it too much, like Hunt, Leben, BJ and so on. Then there are other fighters that almost looks like they're running away from punches like Lesnar, Kalib Starnes, Condit and Jones.

trollface.jpg ^^

Still, on a more serious note, he does actually seem to shy away from trading punches. Whether it's all a part of his gameplan to stay "elusive" or just a natural reaction when getting hit, I don't know. I just think it looks suspicious. Let's just leave it at that.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #326 of 1,080

Quote:
Its not possible to tell if a person's chin can take a punch by looking at it.  While I trained, its said that cardio plays a large part in not getting KOed.  Of course there is protecting yourself and movement but looking at someone... nah...

Of course it's not possible!
tongue_smile.gif
.....but hey were are just fans trying to fantasize about how fights will turn out.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back