The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Feb 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #287 of 1,080
I'm glad Edgar lost, I don't like him at all.

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #289 of 1,080

Quote:
I'm glad Edgar lost, I don't like him at all.

Edgar is a pretty good fighter, just a bit one dimensional in his game.  Good stand up and foot work, but minimal use of ground game.  I thought it was hilarious he thought he won the fight because he said he had more take downs, but neglected to do anything to keep Henderson on the ground as they both stood up quickly after he knocked him down.  Henderson is a more dynamic fighter and clearly did more damage during the fight.  I'm glad the judges are starting to move away from just tallying strikes that connect and take downs and actually evaluate aggression, ring control and strikes with more power. 

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #290 of 1,080
Yeah I like how he thought he won the fight and his face was all jacked up. Edgar is a points decision fighter

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #291 of 1,080
I like Edgar, he's a good fighter with big heart. I was surprised when I heard that Benson won that fight, but when I watched it I could see why. Edgar just lost his game after that upkick hurt him pretty bad. It didn't seem like he put as much effort as his last fights either. I think he may have won the first 2 rounds but the latter 3 was controlled mostly by Benson. Edgar is not really a ground n' pound fighter either, he's mostly a boxer.

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #292 of 1,080

Quote:
YUP!  Munt had a nice KO!  

Yes, I loved that KO.

Quote:
I like Edgar, he's a good fighter with big heart. I was surprised when I heard that Benson won that fight, but when I watched it I could see why. Edgar just lost his game after that upkick hurt him pretty bad. It didn't seem like he put as much effort as his last fights either. I think he may have won the first 2 rounds but the latter 3 was controlled mostly by Benson. Edgar is not really a ground n' pound fighter either, he's mostly a boxer.

That upkick was pretty wild to say the least. I wonder if it didn't actually break Frankies nose.. Rogan was on about it breaking his nose, but it was just guessing. Have you heard any confirmation fromEdgars camp about it being broken?

Feb 27, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #293 of 1,080
That up kick was vicious.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #294 of 1,080
I respect Edgar that fight with Maynard where he was rocked and he came back and won it was insane. Also the fact that he beat BJ twice is impressive.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #295 of 1,080

Quote:
That upkick was pretty wild to say the least. I wonder if it didn't actually break Frankies nose.. Rogan was on about it breaking his nose, but it was just guessing. Have you heard any confirmation fromEdgars camp about it being broken?

It certainly looked like the bridge of his nose was cracked open. But I haven't heard any reports or confirmation.

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #296 of 1,080
I'm not surprised that he beat BJ.  BJ doesn't train much.  To many people in town said they saw him partying and not training.  Just like his previous fights like with Matt Huges the 2nd time.  He was partying a lot.  I forgot what fight it was but I heard from some of the fighters he helps train that one fight he was sick before the fight was actually was just a hang over... oh well so much for taking the fights seriously.   

Quote:
I respect Edgar that fight with Maynard where he was rocked and he came back and won it was insane. Also the fact that he beat BJ twice is impressive.

Quote:

Mar 3, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #297 of 1,080
Pretty good event. I was very happy about Kampmanns fight.

He really pulled off that submission nicely. Alves served it to him on a silver platter though, but I can only see that as a trait of a true top fighter: to be able to capitalize on a mistake that much.
A little bummed about the Bonavidez fight

I can't stand team alpha male, to be honest. :frowning2:
Perosh - Penner was a good fight too.

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #299 of 1,080

Quote:
An Olympic Broze judo medelist seems pretty interesting.  =)  

Not to mention HOT too. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back