The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Apr 23, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #332 of 1,080

Quote:

That didn't work out so well.  

Not even the tiniest little bit. I guess, next time, I'll have to capitalize it. GO HENDO! We'll see about that...

Quote:
I was join for bones.  I know ppl are calling bones fake but being fake doesn't have anything to do with skill in the ring.  

Nope, but I wanted to see the man dethroned. I also don't like his attitude about himself: "I'm here, I'm the greatest there ever will be, and everyone should look up to me. You think I'm arrogant? Oh, it's because I'm young, and I've been thrown into all this and that, so I can behave just how I want ... and you should do it like me". The man is, unfortunately, full of himself and his (most hardcore) fans are even worse.

Don't get me wrong. I respect his skills, and I quite like his fighting style. I could just as well be a fan of his, if he didn't have that arrogant aura about him. I don't care so much about his snitching on his weed smoking friends to the cops and all that..

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #334 of 1,080
LOL... I was just paraphrasing. That's the feeling I get from a lot of his interviews.. He has said most of that at different times though.

Actually, at first I didn't find him especially arrogant. But then he kind of switched. He was being called arrogant and it felt as if he thought for himself "You call me arrogant? I'll show you arrogant..".

May 6, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #337 of 1,080
He fought a great fight. It struck me that he was ready for a title fight yesterday. Not only is he ready for it, he has actually a great chance of winning it as well.

I was a little bummed out about Palhares and Barry, two of my favorite fighters. Nate and Hendricks made up for it though..

May 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #338 of 1,080
I think he fought his title fight against Jim Miller.  He was awesome.  I'll admit it, I'm a fan of the Diaz bros.  So I wonder if he'll be able to bring that to the next fight.  You could see it, he was determined.

Barry was overwhelmed I guess.  It didn't go well from the start, though he had a few good throws.  But hello, why are you  standing there?

Hendricks, that was a good one, too.  I'm guessing Koscheck is HURTING this weekend.

May 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #339 of 1,080
Watching again.  
biggrin.gif

This was a big blast.  It was late in the third and pretty much a secured win at this point.

May 7, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #340 of 1,080
Although I dislike Koscheck a lot, I have to say: I hope his eye socket isn't damaged. It took a long time for him to heal up from that GSP fight, and well, eye/eye-socket damages could be career ending.

May 26, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #342 of 1,080
Yeah it looks interesting, but I hope Mir loses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back