The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Mar 6, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #991 of 1,080
Yeah much respect to Nate he's always a warrior. This whole deal was some shady dogfight BS. Conor trained and prepped for a 155 bout then RDA wusses out last minute just like Aldo then the only replacement is Diaz who will only go at 170. ****ty deal but its a big money game.
Conor is a smaller guy than Diaz and an extra 15 lbs is huge especially last minute. F RDA. I hope Diaz cripples that punk. Maybe Diaz will pull RDAs titanium jaw out and beat him to death with it. LMAO.

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #992 of 1,080
  Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I feel Diaz might surprise everyone. 

I'm just going to quote my own post 
rolleyes.gif

Awesome job. McGregor will never be able to talk the same level of trash now. However, unlike Ronda who is single dimension and not as good as she seemed before getting beat, McGregor is still super talented and will remain competitive... but only "fighting midgets" 
tongue.gif

The fight lived up to the hype. Great job Diaz. One week to prepare and not only beat him, but beat him good. Impressive!!

And congrats Miesha, she's been working for that for a long time. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #993 of 1,080
Yep. And going back through, like listening to the pre fight press conference, Conor seriously needs to shut the duck up. No wonder he looked like the fool after he was submitted.

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #994 of 1,080
To give Conor a bit of credit, he was not just way out of his trained-for weight class but he also gave up 3" in height. Granted he needs to work on his grappling some more, but I wouldn't say he was picked apart. Nate was the guy with the bloodied face.

McGregor should have taken the Faber fight instead, jumping just one weight class is hard. 155 is Conor's natural weight IMO.

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #998 of 1,080
Well, yeah. It's a paycheck. But fact is, McGregor got whooped in the end. So now others know what they gotta do. Unless Conor learns and adjusts. He will.

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #999 of 1,080

I'm just going to quote my own post 
rolleyes.gif

Awesome job. McGregor will never be able to talk the same level of trash now. However, unlike Ronda who is single dimension and not as good as she seemed before getting beat, McGregor is still super talented and will remain competitive... but only "fighting midgets" 
tongue.gif

The fight lived up to the hype. Great job Diaz. One week to prepare and not only beat him, but beat him good. Impressive!!

And congrats Miesha, she's been working for that for a long time. 

LMAO

What's wrong with you? Never be able to talk the same level of trash again? You know he's still the champ at 145, right? The one who knocked the P4P king out in seconds, ring a bell? As for only fighting midgets, this is the most dumb argument there is in MMA nowadays. Guess why? Because he makes the weight. As long as he makes 145, he's a 145:er. That's not even debatable .. so no, he's not "fighting midgets". LOL

Mar 7, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #1,000 of 1,080

LMAO

What's wrong with you? Never be able to talk the same level of trash again? You know he's still the champ at 145, right? The one who knocked the P4P king out in seconds, ring a bell? As for only fighting midgets, this is the most dumb argument there is in MMA nowadays. Guess why? Because he makes the weight. As long as he makes 145, he's a 145:er. That's not even debatable .. so no, he's not "fighting midgets". LOL

I remember not getting along with you at all...

And I agree and will add..

The ******* guy is a fighters fighter.  All that **** talking is what made Zuffa and him and anyone who fights him a huge payday. Aldo's biggest payday...Mendes biggest payday...now Nate's biggest payday. All that new age movement **** and he proceeded to stand almost flat footed with his hands near his waist and get sized up and tagged.

He blew it and I loved it because he was talking **** and believed 100% till that left got his chin that he was gonna own Nate. He is a legit animal and believes most of what he says.
Aldo...that ******* clown called him a ***** after the loss??? If the ***** knocked you out after 13 seconds and you declined an offer to step in for RDA..What does that make Aldo? Guy is pure clown shoes.
Glad Connor lost (Lawler woulda destroyed him) so he can cut,focus and get back to the body movement and angles that would ended the Diaz fight by the 3rd round because he was tagging Nate and then standing there like a fool.
Nick Diaz...love that dude.  He wasn't talking up **** bout Connor when asked before the fight cuz he knew connor was sellin a fight and going up 2 divisions to fight a taller guy with a big gas tank and a nice height and reach advantage and Connor really believed that he was gonna whoop Nick's bro. Nick gotta love that ****. Nate rich as **** and ate some shots from little man.

Tyson forgot the peek a boo and got kicked off the hill. Connor forgot the angles and got dropped for it. Happens to all the animals eventually.

Connor is a fighter and he shows up cuz it's his ******* job. Aldo......he's a joke.

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #1,001 of 1,080

LMAO

Your boy got his @ss beat. You're mad, I get it. Don't blame me, talk to Nate 
biggrin.gif

I did say he is super talented and will remain competitive in his weight division, so not sure why you acted like I think he's not still champ at 145? Strange. BTW, Mighty mouse is and has been the best P4P fighter, I don't care what anyone says. 

Re: "fighting midgets" was a comment from Nate in the prefight press conference. Yeah, it's stupid and just part of trash talking which is why I mentioned it jokingly, hence the 
tongue.gif
. That said, his point was, your the top guy in your weight class, you can't hang with bigger guys. He clearly turned out to be right. 

I actually like Conor and think he's good for the sport. Not only that, he's a decent guy, but his pride was getting a little too puffed up, so getting humbled will be good for him.

Losing sucks, but you'll get over it and so will Conor. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #1,002 of 1,080

I remember not getting along with you at all...

And I agree and will add..

The ******* guy is a fighters fighter.  All that **** talking is what made Zuffa and him and anyone who fights him a huge payday. Aldo's biggest payday...Mendes biggest payday...now Nate's biggest payday. All that new age movement **** and he proceeded to stand almost flat footed with his hands near his waist and get sized up and tagged.

He blew it and I loved it because he was talking **** and believed 100% till that left got his chin that he was gonna own Nate. He is a legit animal and believes most of what he says.
Aldo...that ******* clown called him a ***** after the loss??? If the ***** knocked you out after 13 seconds and you declined an offer to step in for RDA..What does that make Aldo? Guy is pure clown shoes.
Glad Connor lost (Lawler woulda destroyed him) so he can cut,focus and get back to the body movement and angles that would ended the Diaz fight by the 3rd round because he was tagging Nate and then standing there like a fool.
Nick Diaz...love that dude.  He wasn't talking up **** bout Connor when asked before the fight cuz he knew connor was sellin a fight and going up 2 divisions to fight a taller guy with a big gas tank and a nice height and reach advantage and Connor really believed that he was gonna whoop Nick's bro. Nick gotta love that ****. Nate rich as **** and ate some shots from little man.

Tyson forgot the peek a boo and got kicked off the hill. Connor forgot the angles and got dropped for it. Happens to all the animals eventually.

Connor is a fighter and he shows up cuz it's his ******* job. Aldo......he's a joke.

Yeah we didn't get along before. Bass is serious biznizz :wink:

But in essence yeah .. Conor is a fighter to go out there and bring the excitement, when other fighters won't. Also, I find Aldo to be something of an idiot nowadays. I used to like him, a lot, he was always exciting to watch and so on, but since losing to Conor he's gone low. I think he might've lost it from the KO.

Your boy got his @ss beat. You're mad, I get it. Don't blame me, talk to Nate 
biggrin.gif

I did say he is super talented and will remain competitive in his weight division, so not sure why you acted like I think he's not still champ at 145? Strange. BTW, Mighty mouse is and has been the best P4P fighter, I don't care what anyone says. 

Re: "fighting midgets" was a comment from Nate in the prefight press conference. Yeah, it's stupid and just part of trash talking which is why I mentioned it jokingly, hence the 
tongue.gif
. That said, his point was, your the top guy in your weight class, you can't hang with bigger guys. He clearly turned out to be right. 

I actually like Conor and think he's good for the sport. Not only that, he's a decent guy, but his pride was getting a little too puffed up, so getting humbled will be good for him.

Losing sucks, but you'll get over it and so will Conor. 

LOL .. yeah, he lost and it's okay. Should he go back to 145 he has all the right to talk trash as he wants to - he destroyed Aldo in seconds: a nut that no one had cracked in ten years.

Also, creds to Nate - I always liked the Diaz bros and I said he's a dangerous fight for Conor. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #1,003 of 1,080
I always liked the Diaz bros. Entertaining and fully capable, every time.

The next McGregor fight will be an interesting one, whatever it is.

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #1,004 of 1,080
Yeah Conors young....he learned a lot from this. All he lost was some pride. Hell he barely was bruised. 170 is just too much for him now especially last minute. If Diaz woulda met him at 155 it might have been different. A full camp sparring with long rangey dudes like Diaz...I see a future rematch for sure. I really hope Diaz destroys RDA.

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #1,005 of 1,080
Re conor fight.I watched it live.Respect to nate for taking those shots like a man.Conor was hurt by punches and then tried to take him down due to tiredness.
Damn and holly got beat aswell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back