The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Apr 7, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #1,021 of 1,080
I'm referring to his personality. There is nothing phony about his skills. That's for sure. He gave a wholesome image at first, but that ship sailed awhile ago.

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #1,023 of 1,080
Late to the party New York. You left years of money on the table. Vegas thanks you.

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #1,025 of 1,080
Retirement in fighting is as serious as, "I won't be in today, I'm feeling a little sick".

Connor better chill out. The UFC would be fine without him. But not the other way around. And since he spends everything he makes, we could be looking at another MC Hammer situation. He's defnitely lost some of his luster getting beat, now he's just coming off as too good to be inconvenienced by promotions. Dude better tread lightly.

That said, I think all parties will work things out.

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #1,026 of 1,080
Good to see Bones back in the ring. He wasn't as sharp as he could have been, but he certainly outclassed the #6 contender (who was fighting on short notice) for the interim belt. I think Cormier blew a really big opportunity to catch Jones with some heavy shots before he got his timing back. In other news Mighty Mouse is a very bad man, but we already knew that.

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,027 of 1,080
Agreed, I'm pretty sure Cormier would have beat the Jones that fought last weekend. Its not going to be as easy next time. Mighty Mouse is the best there is by far. There is no denying that. I just hope one day, someone can give him a challenge to make it interesting.

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #1,031 of 1,080
Jon's done. This was his big comeback from all the crap he's been pulling on us for some time. 

But he just had to go and be himself once again.

Obviously Jon wasn't confident he could beat DC without cheating. Good to know. Let's not forget that out-of-competition tests normally don't test for recreational drugs, so this is some sort of PED. 

Edited for a milder language. At the same time I have to laugh about this - this guy, wow, just wow. LOL

Funniest guess on his upcoming excuse is: tainted coke. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #1,033 of 1,080
  Only one thing can save him, that's if his B sample comes up clean.

The chance is abysmal, TBH. B samples are taken from the same blood, so if one shows positive, the chance of the other not showing positive results are slim.

Who knows though .. it would an epic mess if B sample did turn out clean. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back