The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Nov 17, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #631 of 1,080
Have seen the results. Haven't seen the fights.

1) Lawler smashing Rory was everything I hoped for concerning that fight.

2) Koscheck getting smashed was just a bonus.

3) VADA/WADA-gate - I used to like Hendricks (I was a big fan of him and when this fight was signed, I wanted HIM to carry on the GSP torch - noone else seemed worthy imo), but ever since this whole "VADA testing? Oh hell yeah!" 180 turn to "Nah we're not gonna do additional testing" made me dislike him so, so much. Not only showed he a lack of true character, but he also showed that he has no integrity, his words are worth nothing and most important of all - that he's wiolling to lie to his fans to get away with whatever he was trying to get away with (yeah, we all know what I'm implying here). Lying to your fans, your boss and the whole MMA media about doing additional testing just to tuck your tail between your legs like a little girl and cowardly stick your head in the sand about it is just something I can't like or stand behind. So, no matter how much of a BS decision it was, no matter how much of a robbery it was, I wanted Hendricks to lose and he did. I'm satisfied. 

Nov 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #633 of 1,080
Hendricks was robbed, this is the second decision (Jones Gustafson being the first), where UFC is protecting it's cash cows/interest of promoters/Vegas bookies are taking over.  This is why boxing is a dead sport.  

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #636 of 1,080

UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship
BREAKING NEWS: Welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre has announced he will vacate his title to take a much needed personal break. Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler will fight for the vacated 170-pound title at UFC 171 in Dallas Texas! Tickets go on sale January 17th. Story: http://on.ufc.com/1cGJpbb

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #637 of 1,080
I saw that last night it will be a good fight but I hope bigg rigg is finally made champ

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #639 of 1,080
Conduit bigg rigg would be a better fight I agree, either way I figure they'll fight again

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #640 of 1,080
It's not even a matter of what would be a better fight.  What's the point of a ranking system if you're not pitting #1 against #2?  Why shouldn't #2 have a shot before #3?  Makes no sense.

Dec 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #641 of 1,080
Maybe Condit was already booked? Also, prize fighting is about entertainment, not about what's fair.

Also, I'd love it if Lawler KO'ed Hendricks, just to hear him whine (again).

Dec 14, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #642 of 1,080
I know what you mean, I don't know how they figure the fights, like Diaz getting a title shot before bigg rigg also. Hendricks and conduit fought 6 months ago and Lawler looked better against Rory than conduit did IMHO. They rarely go strictly on 1 vs 2 anyways.

I like Conduit and I actually think he'd take Hendricks in a 5 rounder..

If you remember in older days when Tito was dodging Chuck they put that fight off for a year and a half...

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #643 of 1,080
FYI. This is TODAY. Right now: 

UFC on FOX 9: Johnson vs Benavidez II
Main Card  FOX  8pm EST
Demetrious Johnson vs. Joseph Benavidez for UFC flyweight title
Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald
Nik Lentz vs. Chad Mendes
Mac Danzig vs. Joe Lauzon

Prelims  FOX Sports 1  5pm EST
Ryan LaFlare vs. Court McGee
Edson Barboza vs. Danny Castillo
Bobby Green vs. Pat Healy
Scott Jorgensen vs. Zach Makovsky
Cody McKenzie vs. Sam Stout
Roger Bowling vs. Abel Trujillo

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #645 of 1,080
Ugh. Silva has already has surgery and has a rod in his leg. I would have rather seen a clean win for Weidman.  I wonder if there will be a Silva Weidman III? I guess it depends on Silva and if Weidman can beat Vitor Belfort. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back