The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.)
Dec 29, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #646 of 1,080
Silva is done. Even before the injury, he was losing. It's time to change the guard anyway.

Hate to see it end that way.

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #647 of 1,080
One of the best UFC events ever. It kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through.
I agree that Silva is done. He would've got knocked out had it not been
for the leg break. 

Dec 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #648 of 1,080
I can't see Silva regaining enough athleticism at his age to fight at a high level after such a horrific leg injury.  Hopefully he'll call it a hall of fame career and recover to enjoy the rest of his life healthily.  

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #649 of 1,080
  I can't see Silva regaining enough athleticism at his age to fight at a high level after such a horrific leg injury.  Hopefully he'll call it a hall of fame career and recover to enjoy the rest of his life healthily. 

i agree

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #650 of 1,080
There are worse ways to go out if you have to go out. Getting knocked out three or four times in a row and then getting cut would be a lot worse for a legend like Silva. In a way, he still gets to go out on top. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #654 of 1,080
Are there any other active sports threads besides this one? I see none but this one, and think the lounge should have one for all sports in general.

I'll try opening one and see if anyone joins in. Still, great to see there's at least this thread still going live and strong.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #655 of 1,080
There is a UFC event in the morning. Only way to watch it is online via the new UFC Fight Pass. It's free through February then $10 per month. Hopefully it will be available all day so can be watched at a more convenient time than 3:00 in the morning… 

UFC Fight Night 34: Saffeidine vs Lim

UFC Fight Pass, 9 a.m. ET

Tarec Saffiedine vs. Hyun Gyu Lim
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Sean Soriano
Luiz Dutra vs. Kiichi Kunimoto
Kyung Ho Kang vs. Shunichi Shimizu

UFC Fight Pass, 6 a.m. ET

Will Chope vs. Max Holloway
Katsunori Kikuno vs. Quinn Mulhern
David Galera vs. Royston Wee
Tae Hyun Bang vs. Mairbek Taisumov
Dustin Kimura vs. Jon Delos Reyes
Russell Doane vs. Leandro Issa 

May 11, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #657 of 1,080
One of the best fights in recent memory. The whole card was excellent.

May 11, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #658 of 1,080
Yeah. Definitely a "Round of the Year" nominee. Brown fared pretty good for an "underdog" eh? Lot's of the Vegas underdogs won last night. If I were a gambling man, I'd have made out like a Bandit.

May 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #659 of 1,080
Maybe Vegas has no idea?  :)

I've watched it a few times today actually, it was just that good.  And I'm just that bored.  In a good way.

The couple kicks that nailed Brown in the gut are really interesting.  Almost paralyzing, but Silva never made anything of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back