The Meizu M6 Miniplayer is AWESOME! GET ONE!!!
Dec 6, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #46 of 118
they now sell the meizu m6 at www.walgreens.com (online only). yea, odd place to have it, lol. it should be distributed under dane elec and not meizu.

175 for the 4gig version is very good. =T

Dec 7, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #48 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they now sell the meizu m6 at www.walgreens.com (online only). yea, odd place to have it, lol. it should be distributed under dane elec and not meizu.

175 for the 4gig version is very good. =T

cool.. it's lower than Ebay!! Thanks...

Dec 7, 2006 at 2:37 AM Post #50 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by wax4213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do we know if the M6 on Walgreens is the TP or SP? I couldn't find it on the site, but I might be blind.

If they are dane-elec branded, pretty sure its SP. TP has stopped being manufactured i believe.

Dec 7, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #51 of 118
Wow...this player seems awesome. I have been looking at the U3 and waiting for its 4GB release but now I am thinking about getting this. I am not sure how I missed this player. I looked at the Vision M, Clix, U2, U3, X5, T10 and never noticed this. I think I will be getting this instead of a U3. I read its reviews on www.dapreview.net , it seems great.

will the V3 charger work for the M6 like it does for the U3?

Dec 7, 2006 at 10:11 AM Post #52 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by barrist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they are dane-elec branded, pretty sure its SP. TP has stopped being manufactured i believe.

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. Perhaps this is something to go on the Christmas wish list, I do need a DAP good for running, and this seems perfect. The wish list gets bigger and bigger...

Dec 7, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #53 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkg12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...this player seems awesome. I have been looking at the U3 and waiting for its 4GB release but now I am thinking about getting this. I am not sure how I missed this player. I looked at the Vision M, Clix, U2, U3, X5, T10 and never noticed this. I think I will be getting this instead of a U3. I read its reviews on www.dapreview.net , it seems great.

will the V3 charger work for the M6 like it does for the U3?

Yeah i almost missed it too. I was first on the Zen V, then the U3, then luckily i stumbled across the m6. its on my x-mas list for sure.

Dec 7, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #54 of 118
it uses the same charger as what sony camera's and stuff use to connect to a pc via usb. sony's charger is different, but it's the same usb cable, so this way, i don't run multiple usb cables onto my desk. i have 1 for 3 devices since they all use the same thing.

the ones @ walgreens are SP versions.

if you still want a TP version, www.miniplayer.info has them in white only.

Dec 14, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #55 of 118
I've got a problem with my M6. It's a SP model, firmware version S1.009.

The main reason why I bought it is because it's supposed to support FLAC. Mine doesn't. Oh, it plays the pre-loaded FLAC files well enough, but when I load my FLAC files, it either skips it or just hangs.

I use dBpowerAMP to encode CDs to FLAC. I tried using minimum compression, mid compression and high compression. No joy.

If I paid abt US195 for a player that can't play FLAC files, then I've wasted money as I've already got 2 other MP3 DAPs.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thank you.

Dec 14, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #56 of 118
i'm not sure since when i got my m6, it had sp1.010 and it plays flac fine. i just loaded my nirvana cd in flac to test it and it worked, but it takes up too much space so i removed it.

try flashing your firmware to 1.010.

Dec 15, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #57 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm not sure since when i got my m6, it had sp1.010 and it plays flac fine. i just loaded my nirvana cd in flac to test it and it worked, but it takes up too much space so i removed it.

try flashing your firmware to 1.010.

Hmm. Thank you, but what did you use to encode the CD and what were the settings?

This is my 2nd M6. The 1st one was returned because it kept freezing. It was on 1.010. No joy for FLAC on that, too.

Dec 15, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #58 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightbreed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. Thank you, but what did you use to encode the CD and what were the settings?

This is my 2nd M6. The 1st one was returned because it kept freezing. It was on 1.010. No joy for FLAC on that, too.

This is scary
blink.gif
.. I bought it quite largely based on its FLAC playback feature... I guess we'll see after mine arrives...

Dec 15, 2006 at 12:26 PM Post #60 of 118
I had the same problem using DBPoweramp. Before sending it back, try this: install foobar2000 if you don't already have it. Open your flac files in foobar, and re-encode them to flac. I did this on a tip from the meizume forum and it has worked perfectly for all files. No longer have any trouble with any flac files at all.

EDIT: Oops, I now see you already sent it back. Sorry. FLAC files do play, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back