The Meizu M6 Miniplayer is AWESOME! GET ONE!!!
Dec 15, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #61 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by vranswer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the same problem using DBPoweramp. Before sending it back, try this: install foobar2000 if you don't already have it. Open your flac files in foobar, and re-encode them to flac. I did this on a tip from the meizume forum and it has worked perfectly for all files. No longer have any trouble with any flac files at all.

EDIT: Oops, I now see you already sent it back. Sorry. FLAC files do play, however.

Thanks for telling the other people (like me) though. So it probably has to do with the encoding algorithm.... I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

Dec 15, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #62 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for telling the other people (like me) though. So it probably has to do with the encoding algorithm.... I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

No prob! Sorry that other dude bailed on his miniplayer before discovering the solution. It really is an awesome DAP, much better than nano in SQ, and plays movies too...

Dec 18, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #64 of 118
Going to stray a little off topic and ask from some advice from my fellow headfi-ers. Current rig is E4s paired with 1st gen Nano 4GB + rockbox. I'm upgrading to e500s and considering doing similar to my source:

I'm looking for:
+ really good sound quality (it'll be driving e500s unamped)
+ flash memory, minimum 4GB (preferably 6 or 8)
+ UMS (no crappy sync software, itunes etc)
+ decent battery life (prefer AA/AAA but willing to live with rechargable)
+ codec support (want FLAC, but not essential)
+ don't care about DRM (since all my stuff is either -V2 VBR / 320 CBR mp3 or flac)
+ portable (no chunky beast please)

Don't mind about other stuff (fm radio, video, album art, etc). Then again, I think I've asked for everything under the sun :). No budget restrictions, but obviously the less spent, the better (shock, horror amongst the head-fi faithful!)

In no hurry to upgrade so i'm happy to wait for something that fits the bill. I'm currently considering:

- Meizu M6
- Samsung YP-T9
- iAudio D1
- iRiver Clix

1) Has anyone tried e500s with their meizu player? Their thoughts?
2) I'm probably in a minority, but I prefer listening to music at low volume. I find the 1st gen Nano with apple firmware starts somewhat too high (for me) and increases in volume in too large increments, making it fiddly to get the volume right. How does the volume (both starting and increments) of the Meizu compare to the 1st gen Nano?
3) Is there a lineout on the meizu?
4) There's mention of TP and SP. What do they stand for and what's the diff?

Suggestions + advice will be gratefully appreciated

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #65 of 118
I was ready to pull the trigger on this one today. The site that had been selling the M6 (Miniplayerinfo.com) has no functioning "store". Also, all the listings they had on ebay disappeared. Now, the only place you can purchase this player is on ebay. They can't seem to get it together for the US market. I don't feel comfortable buying a product with such limited availability. Am I wrong?

Dec 19, 2006 at 9:06 AM Post #68 of 118
I broke down and ordered the black Meizu 12/18 evening. From what people are saying, it should complement the sound signature of my Etymotic ER4P very well...

Now the wait through the Holiday shipping season gridlock
frown.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #69 of 118
Everyone else have the "hsss" sound when using IEMs? With my creative ep630 its picking it up pretty good. Maybe they are just to sensitive with that. Don't hear it with my koss ksc75's though.

Dec 19, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #70 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was ready to pull the trigger on this one today. The site that had been selling the M6 (Miniplayerinfo.com) has no functioning "store". Also, all the listings they had on ebay disappeared. Now, the only place you can purchase this player is on ebay. They can't seem to get it together for the US market. I don't feel comfortable buying a product with such limited availability. Am I wrong?

Looks like they have their shopping cart working now. I bought mine from miniplayer.info with no problems.

Dec 20, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #71 of 118
Wish I had ordered thru miniplayer.info - Placed order with Walgreens and they can't seem to follow thru on the order. No response to questions and they haven't debited my Paypal acct. I'm not sure they even know they have an order. Paypal is waiting for them to submit the bill. Very frustrating!

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #72 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Honus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wish I had ordered thru miniplayer.info - Placed order with Walgreens and they can't seem to follow thru on the order. No response to questions and they haven't debited my Paypal acct. I'm not sure they even know they have an order. Paypal is waiting for them to submit the bill. Very frustrating!

When did you place the order?

Walgreen's initial receipt said:

Dear Valued Customer:

"Thank you for your recent order. We will notify you by e-mail when your order has been shipped. We will charge your account at the time of shipment."

Dec 21, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #73 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by mkg12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone else have the "hsss" sound when using IEMs? With my creative ep630 its picking it up pretty good. Maybe they are just to sensitive with that. Don't hear it with my koss ksc75's though.

Hiss is very present on low impedence earphones (~16ohms), at 32ohms, hiss is significantly less noticeable but still there. ~around 200 ohms, it doesn't exist, but neither does the music
tongue.gif
. Connecting the M6 to an amp completely destroys the hiss, although thats a full size amp i've connected mine to.

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #74 of 118
Has ANYbody received their Meizu from Walgreen online? How many days did it take from order to delivery?

I called Walgreen support 877-250-5823, and the operator could only say the order was "in progress" but has not shipped. No further info is available, but I "should" get it next week sometime ?!?

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:39 PM Post #75 of 118
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has ANYbody received their Meizu from Walgreen online? How many days did it take from order to delivery?

I called Walgreen support 877-250-5823, and the operator could only say the order was "in progress" but has not shipped. No further info is available, but I "should" get it next week sometime ?!?

I attempted to cancel the order thru Paypal. Walgreens/Paypal e-mailed me stating that the player has already shipped and can't be canceled. This is probably untrue since Paypal has yet to receive a bill from Walgreens. Very screwed up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back