[THE MATERIAL THREAD]--SHURE SRH440...?? Acoustic Transparency AND Padding
Jul 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jammerlee711

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys, i just bought myself a pair of SHURE SRH440....i found my ears hurt after an hour of listening, initially i thought it was the shallow pad, so i stuffed some rolled tissues underneath the pad and increase the clearance of grill-->my ears ; no doubt it is more comfortable but extended period of listening still hurts my ears....the cause was my ears are pressing against the plastic of the grill ~
then, i have the idea of putting a layer of padding in the middle of the grill and the cloth...im using some "anti-slip foam" which many people have on their car and it provide good comfort but i does change the sound, it make vocal more forward....im out of ideas so i wish to ask fellow Head-fiers for help

What Is The Material That Is Acoustic Transparent AND Provide Sufficient Padding??!

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #2 of 3
Another option for you is to replace the pads completely with the SRH840's earpads instead.  They're larger, deeper and much softer than the 440's with the added bonus of a slightly increased bass response. 

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 3
yeah..i have order a pair of them..but while waiting for them i want to do the MOD so i can wear it without hurting my ears
and if we can find out, we can save a lot of other users which do not want to buy the srh840 pad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back