The Madness Continues...Just Ordered One of These
Aug 10, 2001 at 3:36 AM Post #46 of 60
Yeah, the public just *has* to know.

BTW: What are the sonic effects of your RCA caps?

Is the midrange smoother, the bass tighter, the highs crisper and the soundstage wider?

biggrin.gif

Bye

Redwoood

Aug 10, 2001 at 7:17 AM Post #48 of 60
mbriant~

Wow ! lol~! they are no longer in white only?!
confused.gif
nice fashion statement
cool.gif
~! looks to me you are really up to date with that hehe.. hmmmmmmmmmm
rolleyes.gif

Tides

Oct 4, 2001 at 3:20 AM Post #50 of 60
I went to Home Depot the other day and bought that Leviton 5362-IGS outlet for $9.95.

First of all: This thing has an insane grip on the plugs! At first I thought I was putting the plugs in the wrong way, but it was just the tension that the outlet puts on them.
rolleyes.gif

Sound: It actually made a fairly significant improvement; Much more of an improvement that my Vibrapods made. But then again, my old outlet was ~30 years old.

If you have an aging outlet, this will probably make an improvement.

Oct 5, 2001 at 2:51 PM Post #53 of 60
Personally, I love Jude's nearly continuous path of upgrades, enhancements and tweaks. He seems to enjoy paving the way, and the rest of us benefit from him being an Audio Guinea Pig. I can think of a number of items on my gotta-have list that I wouldn't have known about without his info.

My bank account may curse him once I get my 333ES, new power cables, and power block, but I tend to think I'll be pleased.

Oct 5, 2001 at 3:03 PM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by ponzio
Personally, I love Jude's nearly continuous path of upgrades, enhancements and tweaks. He seems to enjoy paving the way, and the rest of us benefit from him being an Audio Guinea Pig. I can think of a number of items on my gotta-have list that I wouldn't have known about without his info.

I totally agree!!!!! I would also like to add what a great guy Jude is. I have asked him a few questions over the past weeks and he responded at length and very quickly to answer my questions. I really do enjoy reading about the new tweaks and his thoughts on them!

Oct 5, 2001 at 3:10 PM Post #55 of 60
Quote:

If you think you're a better hitter because you wear ladies underwear, then you ARE!

Oct 5, 2001 at 3:23 PM Post #56 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by Beagle
From Bull Durham...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you thing you're a better hitter because you wear ladies underwear, then you ARE!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very appropriate. I always loved that movie and that quote.

HD5000 -- Back-off Dude. Don't make me tell Mike Walker you think Sony MDR-V6's are POS!
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 5, 2001 at 4:23 PM Post #57 of 60
Ladies underwear, eh? Haven't tried that one yet.
wink.gif

Latest tweak: My wife's grandmother had my wife's baby shoes bronzed back when my wife was just a little girl (apparently, this wasn't uncommon then -- not sure how common it is now). Anyway, they're both bronzed and then each placed on a heavy bronze pedestal/bookend. They're quite heavy and have a soft felt covering on the bottom. So I decided to place them on the barren expanse of black steel that is the top of my SCD-C333ES because (A) I think it's cute to see my wife's shoes from when she was a baby (and that big, empty black metal top was looking sorta plain), and (B) they very effectively dampen the top of the case, totally eliminating the little resonance that I could hear when I tapped my fingers on the top (and even the sides) of the 333.

Haven't done any A/B with/without the shoes on top of the 333.
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2001 at 9:08 PM Post #58 of 60
You would be surprised to know what lengths audio manufacturers go to in order to reduce / eliminate internal component resonance. I've seen a number of fixes, but none including placing bronzed baby shoes on top of the piece.

Jude, we may need to file a patent application on this one.

Oct 6, 2001 at 6:47 AM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by ponzio
You would be surprised to know what lengths audio manufacturers go to in order to reduce / eliminate internal component resonance. I've seen a number of fixes, but none including placing bronzed baby shoes on top of the piece.

Jude, we may need to file a patent application on this one.

Shun Mook Shoes?

Shakti Shoes?

Oct 8, 2001 at 4:02 AM Post #60 of 60
It can be called "The Spousal-izer" - -
For $199.95 you can increase spousal acceptance of your audio gear, while minimizing resonance and vibration. It can be part of a whole line up . . . or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back