The Leben CS300XS Thread
Jul 15, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #1,801 of 2,299
I tried with some other phones as well,

I just tried to push the input jack a little to the side while it was playing and most of the sound returned, if I let go the volume goes down and the sound sounds distant. So maybe the input jack is loose.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #1,802 of 2,299
You should take the cover off and see if the wires soldered to the headphone jack seem loose.

Jul 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #1,803 of 2,299
Thanks, I dont have any tools that fit the screws on top of it, so I have to take it to the repair shop tomorrow, so much for a good start with the leben :frowning2:

After I pressed the jack gentle to the side and let go, It actually played for like 15 min and the volume then went down again and the sound turned distant.

The 15 min sounded real good, but ehm, thats just such a tease from the leben...

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #1,804 of 2,299
I have similar problem before where the sound on and off 'distant'. It end up the rca connection at the back is not very tight. This maybe not relevant for you, but worth checking before you send for repair.

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #1,806 of 2,299
Thanks, Ill Check a different rca. The seller now says its my fault for using the amp without speaker attached because that destroys the amp, is that right. I only had it switched to headphone.

I do think that a lot of you Guys use it as an amp to your headphones only?

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #1,807 of 2,299
Tube amps don't like it when they see no load, speakers or headphones, it can destroy your output tubes. Always make sure that a headphone is connected when the selector is set to "phones" and with no speakers connected never switch to "speakers" Your problem seems to be bad contacts in the phone socket, have it repaired before you use the amp again.

Jul 16, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #1,809 of 2,299
Because the sound changed when the RCA plug was manipulated then surely the fault lies there, a cold solder joint my best bet.
It isn't difficult to re-solder same, if not experienced with such then the repair shop best, but if you heat the metal till hot enough to melt the solder, without actually touching the solder with the soldering gun, then the resulting soldered joint should be good.

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #1,810 of 2,299
Quote:
Tube amps don't like it when they see no load, speakers or headphones, it can destroy your output tubes. Always make sure that a headphone is connected when the selector is set to "phones" and with no speakers connected never switch to "speakers" Your problem seems to be bad contacts in the phone socket, have it repaired before you use the amp again.

Not necessarily output tubes, but since there is no load connected the trafo's get a buildup and thus can get damaged due to nothing connected.

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #1,811 of 2,299
If he amp is switched to Headphones and headphones are connected, there is no need to connect speakers, at all.

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #1,812 of 2,299
Thanks, I only had it switched to headphones.

I took it to the repair shop earlier today and I should have an answer Friday at the latest, hope its not something serious...

Ill let you know how it turns out.

So far I can only comment on the look, and the Leben cs300xs is really a beauty.

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #1,814 of 2,299
That would be the lovely and talented Norah Jones. Good taste in hi-if too apparently :D

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #1,815 of 2,299
I have a CS300 on the way. Anyone who knows what the output impedance of the headphone output is on these amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back