The Leben CS300XS Thread
Feb 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #1,456 of 2,299
Quote:
Quote:
Congrats Keph.  Looks great!

Thanks Rob...You made me purchase one...It's AMAZING

Quote:
I hate you Keph. Posting pictures of the amp I've been waiting a month to get to me. :frowning2:

Hahaha Sorry MT my dad knows Mr, Hyodo so i get it faster than you do..Just wait a few more days and you will get yours. Me too i want a Harbeth now because of you..

damm you people making me poor 
beerchug.gif

But i like it..

Ps. Im joking about my dad hehe..

Keph, you should tell MT that your Dad knows the Harbeth guys too...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #1,460 of 2,299
Quote:

AMAZING...Let me know how does the CS300XS pairs with your Harbeth...If everything is going on well this year, maybe ill get one before X'mas hehe..

I didn't buy blind so I can tell you they sound great together. The 300XS in theory is said to limit the dynamics of Harbeths which some say need 25w minimum but in my dealers fairly large room I didn't find it lacking in the least. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #1,461 of 2,299
Quote:
I didn't buy blind so I can tell you they sound great together. The 300XS in theory is said to limit the dynamics of Harbeths which some say need 25w minimum but in my dealers fairly large room I didn't find it lacking in the least. 

That said, do you suspect that you will still eventually move upwards to the CS600 for the extra power?
Did you have a chance to audition the Harbeth SHL5 with the "big brother" Leben at your dealer?

Not that I doubt the CS300XS or your impressions, but the SHL5s are some large speakers in comparison to some of the smaller Harbeth monitors I have had the pleasure to experience. One of my favorite speakers i've had the chance to see, and more importantly, hear, was a pair of the Harbeth monitor 30s. It was rather far back to recall any specifics, but I still recall how striking the rosewood looked. Simply beautiful.

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,462 of 2,299
I actually didn't audition it on purpose just so I wouldn't be tempted right away. I think I'll head to the dealer soon and try it though just so I know if I'll want to upgrade later.

I have a feeling it'll be a significant step up due to the added power the Harbeths supposedly crave, but no rush on it. I've already talked trade in with my dealer so I know that'll be possible if I do want to upgrade later.

I got mine in Cherry due to the fact I think it'll match everything else a little nicer. I really wanted the Rose though. The inky lines are quite stunning.

As for the 30s...They're great and honestly probably the more size appropriate choice for my room. I decided to go but or go home though.

Quote:
That said, do you suspect that you will still eventually move upwards to the CS600 for the extra power?
Did you have a chance to audition the Harbeth SHL5 with the "big brother" Leben at your dealer?

Not that I doubt the CS300XS or your impressions, but the SHL5s are some large speakers in comparison to some of the smaller Harbeth monitors I have had the pleasure to experience. One of my favorite speakers i've had the chance to see, and more importantly, hear, was a pair of the Harbeth monitor 30s. It was rather far back to recall any specifics, but I still recall how striking the rosewood looked. Simply beautiful.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #1,464 of 2,299
Quote:
YES. If all goes well with customs it'll be here this week! Hype.

Arghh i hate customs, My Mjolnir was stuck in the Chinese Custom for more than a month...Well i hope it's different there, You will love them so much..hehe btw i just waxed my wood panel now my CS300XS looks more beautiful...

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,465 of 2,299
I still have my wood kit from my LCD 2.2s and I was just thinking about that.

US customs tends to just kind of say... 'OH THAT'S A BOX. MOVE ALONG SIR.' When it comes down to it. Never had anything get 'stuck' in customs here.

Quote:

Arghh i hate customs, My Mjolnir was stuck in the Chinese Custom for more than a month...Well i hope it's different there, You will love them so much..hehe btw i just waxed my wood panel now my CS300XS looks more beautiful...

Feb 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #1,466 of 2,299
Quote:

US customs tends to just kind of say... 'OH THAT'S A BOX. MOVE ALONG SIR.' When it comes down to it. Never had anything get 'stuck' in customs here.

Interested to hear more bout your experiences, MT. I'm thinking about picking up a Leben to drive my Harbeth M30.1s but without access to a local dealer, which makes it a hard call. I suspect the CS600 might be a better fit but that model has relatively less feedback and I've heard little about its HP stage.

best,

o

Feb 19, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #1,467 of 2,299
As I understand it the headphone outs are mostly unchanged. Ask Clayton SF. He's owned the 300XS and now owns the CS600. 

That's one of his latest shots. He pushes the much cheaper (and still very nice) Zu Omens with them. 

It all depends on your room size (and how deep your pockets go). The CS600 is over 2k more than the 300XS.

Quote:

Interested to hear more bout your experiences, MT. I'm thinking about picking up a Leben to drive my Harbeth M30.1s but without access to a local dealer, which makes it a hard call. I suspect the CS600 might be a better fit but that model has relatively less feedback and I've heard little about its HP stage.

best,

o

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #1,468 of 2,299
Quote:

That would be great, But if you need more use the Howards Feed n Wax. It's easy to find there. It will make our leben Shine like a star. Lucky you there the customs here is a pain in the as*...

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,469 of 2,299
Hi I'm new here. Hello to all.

As usual I'm here cause I just got myself an CS300XS(Awesome) . I was just looking for a headphone amp and where I'm staying not much choice. So when I found one of these in my local hi fi store I was stunt and had to have it.

My system Ibasso DX-100, AlienWare M14X, Wadia 121, Benchmark USB, Leben CS300XS, HD-650, HD-600, Stax sr-001 MKII portable, Westone UM3X, Proac Studio 110.

I have a few question.

1. My Leben did not come with a user manual and I can't seem to find one online. Can anyone help.

2. My Wadia 121 DAC has 1V, 2V and 4V output. which one should I use for connecting to the Leben's line in? I'm using the 4V out now.

Impression so far. Did not know 15W can drive my Proac's so well. I use to use big amp's like Cary 805's, Gryphon's. I did not have the Wadia then so very hard to compare.

This system sound's so good I don't even waist the warm up time. I start listening in a minute or two from power on

The Wadia 121 drive's the HD-650 well. It's really really hi res. But after a few day's it feel's a little thin from the Wadia's headphone out . So come's the Leben and everything is hi res and meaty but still very fast pace.  

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #1,470 of 2,299
Mine came in today. Girlfriend is getting it from the dealer as we speak. Won't get to unbox it until tonight...kind if upset about that. 

Speakers still aren't here though...So Uptowns and Earpods it is. :frowning2: At least I can run the tubes and my new cart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back