The Leben CS300XS Thread
Oct 18, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #1,336 of 2,299
Quote:
 I too find sometimes Leben has a little grainy sound compared to my super smooth Lehmann BCL (both with LCD-2).

That's funny. With my HD800s i would say the opposite. After reading your post I tried a direct AB again. In particular, with hi-res (24 96) I found that the Leben was smoother and LESS grainy the the really good sound of the BCL. Not surprising that we get different results depending on the headphone.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #1,337 of 2,299
Quote:
The furutechs are directional and I've found that they sound best with the "F" lettering facing the amp.

Are the Leben fuse Slow or Fast blow? I have purchased furutech Slow blow on ebay.

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,339 of 2,299
That's funny. With my HD800s i would say the opposite. After reading your post I tried a direct AB again. In particular, with hi-res (24 96) I found that the Leben was smoother and LESS grainy the the really good sound of the BCL. Not surprising that we get different results depending on the headphone.

Which gain settings did you try the BCL with? I always leave my BCL at medium gain.
I find low gain is more detail, brighter and less bass punch. Very very good for vocal musics but not for overall genre.
Medium gain leaves me with slighly less detail, but still very detail, warmer vocal, smoother, better bass dynamics and punch, which I prefer, genereally.
Do you want to try BCL again with different gain settings? I am curious if the effect is the same with HD800 also.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #1,340 of 2,299
Quote:
Slow.

I just read about the Synergistic Research fuses. I'm going to try them.

Thx

If my Furutech experiment works...then I might give Hi-Fi Tuning, Audio Magic Nano Liquid, and Synergetic  Research a try.

Bring on the Fuse rolling!

Oct 21, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #1,341 of 2,299
Quote:
Which gain settings did you try the BCL with? I always leave my BCL at medium gain.
I find low gain is more detail, brighter and less bass punch. Very very good for vocal musics but not for overall genre.
Medium gain leaves me with slighly less detail, but still very detail, warmer vocal, smoother, better bass dynamics and punch, which I prefer, genereally.
Do you want to try BCL again with different gain settings? I am curious if the effect is the same with HD800 also.

Good point! Anyway I also keep the BCL at medium gain. I found it to sound the best, but I no longer remember why (it's been two years). I will play around with the gain settings and report back in the next day or two. Maybe this should move to the BCL thread?

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #1,343 of 2,299
Installed the Furutech fuse today.

Without doubt one of the most satisfying upgrades I have made to the Leben CS300X.

Wonder why Leben don't make this a stock item in their amps...its a no brainer IMO.
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #1,346 of 2,299
Well it's only been a few hours, but comparing the Silverstar to the Isoclean I had in there to begin with, there seems to be increased top-end sparkle, and air. I've switched them out a few times, and the difference is subtle, but it's there. I suppose the difference would be much larger between this and a stock fuse (I wish I still had it to compare).

Interestingly I also found a difference in DC resistance of about .1 ohms between them (Silverstar .1 ohms, vs. Isoclean .2 ohms).

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #1,347 of 2,299
More impresions of fuse upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back