The Leben CS300XS Thread
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #1,066 of 2,300

Quote:
I use my Leben CS300X with Proac reference 8 signature speaker for near field listening. It is one of the finest set-ups i have owned. What I find most satisfying about this combination is that even at very low volume levels the Leben makes the Proac's really sing.

Wow another Leben/HD800/Proac person! Mine are just the regular ref 8s, but yes to everything you said. Especially about the satisfaction at low volume-level listening.

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #1,067 of 2,300
My new favorite setup:

MacBook --> Onkyo DAC-1000 --> Leben CS300XS --> TakeT TR2 --> TakeT H2+

Using the stereo inputs on the back of the Leben. There's a very faint hiss / buzz as when I used the headphone jack with certain headphones (HD800, T1) but the combination is so good I can look past that. I'm hoping that with a change of tubes it will be silent.

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #1,068 of 2,300

Quote:
Wow another Leben/HD800/Proac person! Mine are just the regular ref 8s, but yes to everything you said. Especially about the satisfaction at low volume-level listening.

Yes...also especially with the front grill off at low volumes and the tweeter positioned just below your ear level. Everything just hangs in TIME and SPACE that much longer making the soundstage open up and make it a more immersive listening experience. Also the ability of the Leben/Proac's to project sound behind your head in a low volume near field set-up quite something...IMHO

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #1,069 of 2,300

Quote:
My new favorite setup:

MacBook --> Onkyo DAC-1000 --> Leben CS300XS --> TakeT TR2 --> TakeT H2+

Using the stereo inputs on the back of the Leben. There's a very faint hiss / buzz as when I used the headphone jack with certain headphones (HD800, T1) but the combination is so good I can look past that. I'm hoping that with a change of tubes it will be silent.

Is the TR2 good for other headphones?

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #1,070 of 2,300
Hi guys, can the tape monitor be used as a preamp?

Jan 26, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #1,073 of 2,300
It may help to know what country you are in. Also do you want the 300, or 300XS. I am not sure if the proces change country by country, but I know the prices here in America are much higher than in Japan.

Edit: Why don't you contact the distributor for Leben in your country. They obviously have the price list.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #1,075 of 2,300
Three questions:
- What's the "tape monitor" switch?
- What kind of inputs? RCA?
- I have no experience with speakers but like the idea of buying this for headphones and keep the option to had speakers later. Can I had any good bookshelf speakers or should I care about technical specs to make a good match with the Leben? I just plug the speakers directly into the Leben without additional amp... right?

Thanks.

Jan 28, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #1,076 of 2,300
If you have a tape deck attached it gives you the opportunity to listen to either the source you are recording or the tape deck itself.  However, if you don't have a 3 head cassette deck you won't actually hear what the tape will sound like when you play it back.

Yes - single ended RCA - unbalanced.

Assuming you are sitting pretty close to the bookshelf speakers then the Leben will easily drive anything.  My totems are not that sensitive but they sound great with the Leben.  I play them at a much lower volume than I could.

The Leben is an integrated amp.  You hook the speakers up directly to it.

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #1,077 of 2,300
Thanks for the prompt reply!

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #1,078 of 2,300

Jian,

Have you found the answer to this question?  I also read somewhere that the Leben has a lineout, which outs on the back are the lineout.  Another question I have is:  With speaker out to Leben for HE6, which tubes were optimal in your experience.  Thanks.
Quote:
Hi guys, can the tape monitor be used as a preamp?

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #1,079 of 2,300
The answer is no.  The Aleben has no preamp out, and the tape out isn't controlled by the volume pot, so it can't be used as a pre out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back