The Larocco Full Monty!! Pics!
May 2, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #46 of 80
i think you should put "power" on the amp, i've studied chinese(speak and read it) and that's the only one that would make sense.. plus the symbol looks cool too

just a suggestion

May 2, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #47 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef
i think you should put "power" on the amp, i've studied chinese(speak and read it) and that's the only one that would make sense.. plus the symbol looks cool too

just a suggestion

As a matter of fact, the more I saw it the more I liked it, and meaning-wise it's the one that makes the most sense for sure. It's not so similar to Wadia's logo after all:

Power kanji

www.wadia.com

If Larry could put Chinese characters, I think the "Power" kanji on the volume knob or bottom right corner would be it. At least for now. If later on he comes up with a sword signature, I think I'd be willing to send him the amp back just to get the sword on it.

May 2, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #48 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedr
As a matter of fact, the more I saw it the more I liked it, and meaning-wise it's the one that makes the most sense for sure. It's not so similar to Wadia's logo after all:

Power kanji

www.wadia.com

If Larry could put Chinese characters, I think the "Power" kanji on the volume knob or bottom right corner would be it. At least for now. If later on he comes up with a sword signature, I think I'd be willing to send him the amp back just to get the sword on it.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I'm just glad mine's done...the one after yours will get delivered next year..
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #50 of 80
Yin Yang :
yin-yang.jpg

Om :
om.gif

aum.gif

Da Vinci :

Da%20Vinci.jpg

You can get these images on the volume knob face and leave the rest of the faceplate alone. That will look really cool...

I like the Da Vinci : Vitruvian Man picure...it would be AWESOME if you can get this on top of the amplifier (the top plate)

Cheers!

May 2, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #51 of 80
Ok people, I need some help here. Just talked to Larry, he's right now about to cut/engrave the front plate of my amp, he can do the power kanji on the knob (or any other kanji for that matter) if I send him the .ttf (True Type Font) file for kanji characters. Do you have that Chiefroastbeef? Anybody? I'm asking here in case it's faster, about to do a massive search online to see if I can download it from somewhere. Thanks in advance!

Found one place, hope this will work:
http://www.langlab.jhu.edu/chineseFonts.html

While downloading this, I realized the standard Arial Unicode MS font in Windows XP has chinese characters, maybe Larry has that font. Will check.

May 2, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #53 of 80
Thanks anyway. The Arial one does have the character, but the font is quite plain, not as nice as the character in the link I sent before. Still downloading some chinese true type font files.

May 2, 2004 at 10:39 PM Post #54 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedr
Thanks anyway. The Arial one does have the character, but the font is quite plain, not as nice as the character in the link I sent before. Still downloading some chinese true type font files.

Found this site but not sure it'll help...

May 3, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #58 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef
not sure if this will help, but www.zhongwen.com has alot of stuffs

Wow that link seems very useful for learning the Kanji characters, all those trees interrelating the characters...

Here I found the one for "power":
http://www.zhongwen.com/d/164/x79.htm

Downloaded the font file from the link I posted before, sent it to Larry but the email got rejected because the file was too large (almost 4 megs), have to check with him tomorrow to see if I can send it to some other account, or if he can download the file directly.

May 3, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #59 of 80
you can find every word there, from "power" to "morning wood"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back