The Larocco Full Monty!! Pics!
May 1, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #31 of 80
Nah..not for now. Besides Im sure i'll talk you into letting me listen to yours when I am in Majorca (did I spell it right?) holidaying with my folks
smily_headphones1.gif

When is the E.T.A ??

I want to know what Digital Camera Larry uses
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 1, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #32 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Majorca (did I spell it right?)

No, you didn't.

May 1, 2004 at 6:07 PM Post #34 of 80
nice amp! does the on/off button light up?(for some reason it looks like it has the function to)

now i know the basturd that's slowing everything up...
600smile.gif
his cnc mill broke down my butthole...

enjoy

May 1, 2004 at 6:09 PM Post #35 of 80
I don't get it, you named it "Full Monty", which is male oriented, and points to the direction of male strippers. But you insist on calling it a "She". What gives? Is your amp Bi?

Nice amp btw. No wonder Larry's making y'all wait, he's trying too hard to make every case individual instead of using premade enclosures. And the engraved lables are just awesome.

May 1, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #36 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner
I don't get it, you named it "Full Monty", which is male oriented, and points to the direction of male strippers. But you insist on calling it a "She". What gives? Is your amp Bi?

Nice amp btw. No wonder Larry's making y'all wait, he's trying too hard to make every case individual instead of using premade enclosures. And the engraved lables are just awesome.

Well, I ordered that enclosure as an extra, otherwise it would have been another type..
wink.gif
Sorry about the wait guys..
biggrin.gif

With regard to the name "full monty" it's only recently it's become associated with male strippers since the British film with the same name. According to www.peevish.co.uk/slang/articles/full-monty.htm+full+monty&hl=en]this site[/URL] there are several beliefs as to it's origin:

The first three relate to Field Marshall Montgomery, who was known by his troops as Monty.

Referencing Montgomery's longwinded and fastidious military briefings during WW2.

From the full collection of medals that adorned Field Montgomery's chest.
Alternatively, from the fact that Montgomery was rather partial to a very large full English breakfast.... the full monty.

Gambler's jargon derived from the Spanish for mountain (monte) and meaning the entire pot or kitty that is to be bet.

A reference to a 1980's Del Monte television advert for fruit juice, in which the characters ask for the full del monte.
A corruption of the phrase 'the full amount'.

A reference to the supply of 'demob' suits for discharged soldiers, supplied by the British tailors Montague Burton. Those acquiring the aforementioned suits would be promised the chance to walk proudly into civilian life in the full monty.

But in this context it's just a name meaning "it's got the lot"
very_evil_smiley.gif
and she's a sexy lady
eggosmile.gif

EDIT: OK for some reason the software here will not allow that link to work so try this instead:

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/articles/full-monty.htm

May 1, 2004 at 7:07 PM Post #37 of 80
Quote:

Nah..not for now. Besides Im sure i'll talk you into letting me listen to yours when I am in Majorca (did I spell it right?) holidaying with my folks
smily_headphones1.gif

When is the E.T.A ??

very_evil_smiley.gif

Absolutely. Take a day over and listen all you like!

May 1, 2004 at 7:49 PM Post #38 of 80
Congratulations Ipod!! Great looking amp. This only makes it even harder, the waiting for Larry to contact me that is, with pictures of mine, or telling me it has been shipped. Not sure what he'll name mine, doesn't have the stepped attenuator or Aos dac, and has the power supply all in one chassis. In fact, I'd rather not have it named Full Monty, for me just brings that movie to memory.

PS. Majorca is the English spelling of the Spanish "Mallorca", so both spellings are correct, in their respective languages.

PPS. Yes just called Larry, the name was a special case arranged with you, not that he is naming all his deluxe PPA's like that. He also asked me if incidentally I wanted any special name for my amp. I wondered, the second P in "PPA" stands for "Portable". PPA == "Phil's Portable Amplifier". Mine is a home version (e.g. power supply in same chasis, not portable at all), probably shouldn't be called PPA? Maybe PHA? I also thought of HPPA, or PPA Deluxe? But actually the word "PPA" now is associated more to the design of the amp itself, the layout and circuit, more than the fact that it can be made portable. Eventually I told him just PPA would be fine for mine.

May 1, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #39 of 80
Quote:

very_evil_smiley.gif

It is a Fuji S5000. If I use a tripod and natural light it can pick up on the smallest details. with the 10 X optical zoom and macro I can get in close enough to read an IC designation no problem. if you shrink it down to a 8 X 11 print it is hard to tell its digital when printed on my wifes Epson Pro printer. The pics ipodstudio posted are minimum resolution and hand held. With the flash active I can take crystal clear still shots of my laith spindle spinning at 3500 RPM. I am quite happy with it.

B_D

May 2, 2004 at 8:29 AM Post #40 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef
nice amp! does the on/off button light up?(for some reason it looks like it has the function to)

now i know the basturd that's slowing everything up...
600smile.gif
his cnc mill broke down my butthole...

enjoy

The smaller knob on the front is the gain switch. The centre of this knob also has a blue LED that functions as the "power-on" light.

May 2, 2004 at 8:31 AM Post #41 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedr
Congratulations Ipod!! Great looking amp. This only makes it even harder, the waiting for Larry to contact me that is, with pictures of mine, or telling me it has been shipped. Not sure what he'll name mine, doesn't have the stepped attenuator or Aos dac, and has the power supply all in one chassis. In fact, I'd rather not have it named Full Monty, for me just brings that movie to memory.

PS. Majorca is the English spelling of the Spanish "Mallorca", so both spellings are correct, in their respective languages.

PPS. Yes just called Larry, the name was a special case arranged with you, not that he is naming all his deluxe PPA's like that. He also asked me if indidentally I wanted any special name for my amp. I wondered, the second P in "PPA" stands for "Portable". PPA == "Phil's Portable Amplifier". Mine is a home version (e.g. power supply in same chasis, not portable at all), probably shouldn't be called PPA? Maybe PHA? I also thought of HPPA, or PPA Deluxe? But actually the word "PPA" now is associated more to the design of the amp itself, the layout and circuit, more than the fact that it can be made portable. Eventually I told him just PPA would be fine for mine.

Thanks, buddy!! I think you should designate it: LHR - Larocco Home Reference...
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #42 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Thanks, buddy!! I think you should designate it: LHR - Larocco Home Reference...
biggrin.gif

That sounds good actually, LHR, but I think their true home reference might be their upcoming Epoch though.

You know looking at Larry's avatar I remembered he is a swordmaster. I thought of some different "naming" for my amp. Rather than a specific name, if possible I'd like to have an icon of a sword engraved on the amp by him. Nothing fancy, just a simple elegant little sword, maybe almost like a chinese Kanji character looking like a sword. This on center of the volume knob, with the tip being the volume marker, would be so cool. Or maybe the little sword on the bottom right corner of the front place, though I kind of imagine in the knob would be so ultra smooth. I called him today but had to leave a message he is probably not there right now. This kind of a graphical signature makes me think of the sword master Hattori Hanzo in Kill Bill
smily_headphones1.gif
His signature however is a fancy chinese looking lion, I think just an elegant little sword on an amp made by Larry would be great.

May 2, 2004 at 6:40 PM Post #43 of 80
that's a really cool idea rsaa

May 2, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #44 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedr
That sounds good actually, LHR, but I think their true home reference might be their upcoming Epoch though.

You know looking at Larry's avatar I remembered he is a swordmaster. I thought of some different "naming" for my amp. Rather than a specific name, if possible I'd like to have an icon of a sword engraved on the amp by him. Nothing fancy, just a simple elegant little sword, maybe almost like a chinese Kanji character looking like a sword. This on center of the volume knob, with the tip being the volume marker, would be so cool. Or maybe the little sword on the bottom right corner of the front place, though I kind of imagine in the knob would be so ultra smooth. I called him today but had to leave a message he is probably not there right now. This kind of a graphical signature makes me think of the sword master Hattori Hanzo in Kill Bill
smily_headphones1.gif
His signature however is a fancy chinese looking lion, I think just an elegant little sword on an amp made by Larry would be great.

How about the Larocco Samurai or the Larocco Sabre...
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #45 of 80
Larry sent me a PM, unfortunately the graphics would take too long because he would need to program them (I guess in the software for the mill). Any text would do however, I'm holding hopes for chinese characters, he hasn't told me whether text has to be in western characters. Here's some kanji characters that somewhat resemble a sword:

Thousand

Child

Noon

In advance, I

These look somewhat less like a sword, but still nice:

Flat, calm (meaning-wise would be cool for an amp actually)

Big

Last part

Tree, wood

Power (Makes me remember the Wadia logo though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back