The LA Meet @ The Village 4/22/12: Wow!
Apr 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #32 of 85
Just wondering - and this meet looked great, by the way - does anyone know what kind of cables were on the LCD's and the HD 800 in Ken Ball's pics?

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #34 of 85
Ken's Cables.  

dbc89906.jpg

According to Caleb of ALO Audio, the snake-cable (as it's come to be known), has, COUNT IT(!), TWENTY-FOUR conductors! The LCD-3 out of Ken's prototype was by far my favorite setup. It had such authority...such dynamics, it was tube sound...with no bloat! It was fantastic! My GF (a fledgling audiophile) walked away from that setup after nearly half an hour and said, and I quote, "Screw college, we're getting this no matter what it costs when it comes out". I share the sentiment, lol. Truly exceptional :)

670e2a9f.jpg
47b74a09.jpg

It was also fantastic to meet Jude (who looks alarmingly like me), Val, Jason, Alex and the Audeze team, and many headfiers. Val's place was beautiful:

25623e53.jpg

See you all at the next meet :)!

Kojaku

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #35 of 85
Yeah, the LCD-3/snake cable/prototype was just amazing.  I sort of wanted to listen to it as joke.  Like that cable is over the top and of course you supposed to think it was sound great but how does it really sound.  So I actually went into listening with the idea that I'm not going to be impressed but that wasn't the case.  The other LCD-3's I listened to were really good but none seemed as dynamic as this one, especially in the bass.  Also the soundstage was just wide enough with nice depth. I prefer this closer type of soundstage. And it also had just enough richness to it without being too colored.  Just a great musical experience.

Apr 26, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #36 of 85
Hi all!
Thanks for a great meet (first for me).
I have a (long) post here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/607383/shure-se535-vs-phonak-pfe-232-alo-rx-mk-3-clas-vs-fostex-hp-p1-and-ibasso-dx-100#post_8336087
It's about my recent 'journey' into the world of head-Fi and it's culmination in the meet.
Please read and respond.
If any of you know which resolution files were installed on the iBasso DX-100 (that was on the table by the doors) please let me know as well.
Thanks!

Apr 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #37 of 85

Quote:
Hi all!
Thanks for a great meet (first for me).
I have a (long) post here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/607383/shure-se535-vs-phonak-pfe-232-alo-rx-mk-3-clas-vs-fostex-hp-p1-and-ibasso-dx-100#post_8336087
It's about my recent 'journey' into the world of head-Fi and it's culmination in the meet.
Please read and respond.
If any of you know which resolution files were installed on the iBasso DX-100 (that was on the table by the doors) please let me know as well.
Thanks!

That was my DX100 - I had mostly high res. (96 - 192), with some red book sprinkled in.

Apr 27, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #38 of 85
My brother and i had a blast at this headphone meet. We got some good photos, met cool people, and party rocked a little. Thanks to all the Head-Fi's that made this all possible.

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #39 of 85
Well, Misterrogers, you cost me $862 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for letting total strangers listen to your device.
After listening to your DX-100 I had to order one for myself.
Were the Diana Krall tracks hi-res? 
What's your source for these hi-res files?

Apr 29, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #40 of 85

Quote:

Awesome event! A BIG THANK YOU to: Alex and Co. for all the work to get that going, to the Village and Jeff Greenberg who was just so kind to everyone, to Val Kolton and V-Moda for his generosity in having all us all over to his place after the show. I hope we can do that one again next year!

Ken @ aloaudio.com

Here are a few of my super yellow pics.

See you all in Tokyo next! :)

looking forward to the ALO home theater line and more of those fantastic looking cables!

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #41 of 85
Late to chime in here, but I had a great time at the meet last Sunday. DIdn't know anyone there, but I felt welcome, which is the best part. Aside from listening to the fantastic toys on display there. Props to Audeze, Vmoda, the Village and everyone involved. Only downside is I missed out on the Orpheus. Gah. Hopefully I'll get another shot at it at the next meet.

Apr 29, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #43 of 85
Apr 29, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #44 of 85
Apr 30, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #45 of 85
Damnnnnn. I need to get one of those super cameras. Like ISO100000000? Awesome photos. Great candids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back