The LA Meet @ The Village 4/22/12: Wow!
Apr 30, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #46 of 85
I think he had it up to 12800. He was testing it outside once it got dark shooting at a sofa outside in the corner of the yard, it looked like daylight.

Thanks for the pics Jude, they look as spectacular as Val's house. (Maybe not quite as spectacular. 

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #47 of 85

Quote:
Well, Misterrogers, you cost me $862 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for letting total strangers listen to your device.
After listening to your DX-100 I had to order one for myself.
Were the Diana Krall tracks hi-res? 
What's your source for these hi-res files?

I am not sure whose DX100 you heard as mine was also on a table close to the door.  (if it is the one that has Chinese/Korean/Japanese music, then that should be mine).
I did have 2 Diane Krall albums on my dx100 and they are from HDTracks both 96kHz/24bit

I don't normally listen to hi-res music (mid-fi here :) ) so knowing that ppl would be interested in hi-res on dx100, I just went to HD Tracks and bought a few that I know I will enjoy.  

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #48 of 85
Amazing pics Jude. If I didn't live so far away I would have loved to have been there. Awesome house, many smiles, some great headfi gear and even a big BBQ outside. What is not to love! :D

May 1, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #49 of 85

Quote:
Well, Misterrogers, you cost me $862 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for letting total strangers listen to your device.
After listening to your DX-100 I had to order one for myself.
Were the Diana Krall tracks hi-res? 
What's your source for these hi-res files?

I am not sure whose DX100 you heard as mine was also on a table close to the door.  (if it is the one that has Chinese/Korean/Japanese music, then that should be mine).
I did have 2 Diane Krall albums on my dx100 and they are from HDTracks both 96kHz/24bit

I don't normally listen to hi-res music (mid-fi here :) ) so knowing that ppl would be interested in hi-res on dx100, I just went to HD Tracks and bought a few that I know I will enjoy.  

Thank you for bringing your player and making it available to others to evaluate and enjoy!
I'm not sure I remember Chinese music on it, but I certainly played the Diana Krall track as I had the same track on my iPhone.
Wether it was your DX100 or not, the sound was great and I can't wait to get mine...

May 1, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #50 of 85

Quote:
Damnnnnn. I need to get one of those super cameras. Like ISO100000000? Awesome photos. Great candids.

Nick D800+ 28-300mm VR?

May 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #52 of 85
Quote:
Thank you for bringing your player and making it available to others to evaluate and enjoy!
I'm not sure I remember Chinese music on it, but I certainly played the Diana Krall track as I had the same track on my iPhone.
Wether it was your DX100 or not, the sound was great and I can't wait to get mine...

It was Misterroger's DX100.

May 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #54 of 85
High potential, still being voiced. Won't comment because I've heard production amps sound completely different from amps still being voiced. I made a few observations about the sound of the amp/DAC to Anax. I guess Jason overheard and I saw him off the corner of my eye nodding in agreement. These guys know what they are doing. They know they got some hard core hobbyists trying to look over their shoulders.  

For the record, Jason was brave enough to bring the amp and DAC (after the end of the meet) over to our table knowing what it would be compared to.

May 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #57 of 85
The phrases, shows promise and high potential seem like nice ways to say, ugh :frowning2:

May 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #59 of 85
Quote:
The phrases, shows promise and high potential seem like nice ways to say, ugh :frowning2:

I'd say "fail" or nothing at all if I felt it was going to suck. I didn't listen to the amp that much because I'm not in the market for one. The DAC I may actually buy because I need one. It's already better than the Bifrost in several areas: bass control, bass extension, and treble smoothness. "Voicing" or tweaking of gear in development is a normal process which often takes months if not longer - not too much different from Porsches or other high performance sports cars.

May 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #60 of 85
Promising enough to topple the B22 as the defacto goto solid state amp or promising in its price point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back